Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the side by side, i thought about maybe getting it to replace my Unleashed , thought the color was closer to the movie, but its still waaaaay off even in diecast

easy pass

Not 100%, but I wouldn't call it a deal killer:

413480690.jpg

Not sure if it's been mentioned but has anyone thrown out the hypothesis that the added, albeit slight, waist articulation and the forearm shield is an indicator that a final battle MK3 could be in the works as well?

Yeah, it's not reflective enough.

agreed. Problem is they're painting it silver when in reality it should look like metal. Unpainted diecast pieces look the part and they should be matching the paint to that.

Pretty poor effort if this is silver instead of correct shiny chrome. They could at least get that right.

Or better yet use the same electroplating technology they've employed on several exclusive Iron Man figures and the copper and gold Stormtroopers.

But since it was the same (and still wrong) on the Mk3 DC, its another indication that this is just a low effort repaint, porting over plenty the problems from before (except the red, lucky them). The fact that they can't be bothered to get the faceplate to look right, down to that huge mouth line that's still there, the entire focal point of the suit, is just mystifying

Left side tweaked by inigou
21347541490_f5d007d8fc_o.jpg

Had the figure actually looked like that (and had the waist articulation), I would have kept it.

It's a shame because Mark III is my favorite armor.

Yeah it definitely seems to be lacking that sleek "man in a suit" look that it needs to have. And it's a shame we can't get a Mk 3 that looks more like this.

View attachment 355751

Although I could probably live with the proportions if the color was just more accurate.

Hey, that's my artwork! :) Nice to see it pop up here. I'd love for a 1/4 Mk III to look like that.

c17e6ef1e786b81fe2dd8215e0fc11d2.jpg

9e81d4972a5e53dbfc73e4ce9223364f.jpg

I have no real problems with my MK3. I can see it could be better, but it is fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not buy the diecast mark iii but after seeing all the talk on this thread of it being undersized i had to look into it. A properly sized mark iii in 1/6 from what i can tell should be 12.5, for example the new mark 46 diecast is 12.59, and the mark iii diecast is only 11.80, wow almost 3/4 of an inch to shorter than it should be, not cool hot toys .!

I did not buy the diecast mark iii but after seeing all the talk on this thread of it being undersized i had to look into it. A properly sized mark iii in 1/6 from what i can tell should be 12.5, for example the new mark 46 diecast is 12.59, and the mark iii diecast is only 11.80, wow almost 3/4 of an inch to shorter than it should be, not cool hot toys .!

Yup. I did the same calculation and that MarkIII is severly undersized. Easy pass. Hopefully they fix it moving forward. Just waiting for HT to announce the specs for this thing.

I'm guessing it'll be 299mm or whatever the mkIII is on the SS website.

Mark 2 figure is on a photo booth background reflection. Mark 2 film shot has stark garage background reflection. Its better to judge the the reflectiveness if both items are on the same background.

Back