Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the extra height is coming from the new articulated torso, I hope they're not taking that measurement from when it's pulled apart. That'd be some ****.

Hey y'all I think we should all put in a collective effort and all voice our disdain for the short, midget-y Mk II.

Hit JC Hong up on Instagram (@j.c.hong) and let him know you want a taller Mk II!!!!!

We can do it!

oGyk8_s-200x150.gif

I'm glad it's taller then the Mark 3 . I just checked and compared before preorder .

It's not tall enough. It's still a shorty compared to the newer Diecasts being released!!! :gah:

Hit up JC Hong on Insta and let him know you ain't happy about it! I think if we all complain directly to the man they're bound to make the height change!

If it's the new torso giving it the extra height isn't that just going to put it out of proportion?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I'm betting it's the exact same height and that the specs on Sideshow isn't accurate.

It's the exact same mold but they just did a cut along the chest and added a small joint under there to allow the upper chest to move. Visually all the panel lines and proportions match with the Diecast Mark 3. I don't see how the chest could have given it some kind of height without them changing the proportions on everything else.

If the extra height is coming from the new articulated torso, I hope they're not taking that measurement from when it's pulled apart. That'd be some ****.

That's what I'm thnking, there's only 1cm difference between this and the mk3. That would be so amazingly **** I'd have to laugh.

I'm betting it's the exact same height and that the specs on Sideshow isn't accurate.

It's the exact same mold but they just did a cut along the chest and added a small joint under there to allow the upper chest to move. Visually all the panel lines and proportions match with the Diecast Mark 3. I don't see how the chest could have given it some kind of height without them changing the proportions on everything else.

Well reasoned, I'd be inclined to agree.

Ya, but to be fair, when Rhodey flies the suit to the Air Force base in IM2, the suit looks a lot more like the colour on the new figure...

Yeah looking at the old Art of Iron Man book again, they said they ultimately decided on the "brushed chrome" below, versus the super reflective raw chrome.

And I guess the new figure comes kind of close to that.

IMG_20170726_154511~01.jpg

I think I'm lost. I'm trying to understand why so many think certain armors are too short. Is there some movie reference site that specifically lists the height of all the armors? Should all the armors be the same height? ( with the exception of the over sized armors of course ). Is it simply a desire to want uniformity? Please bring me into the light. :wink1:

( honest question. Not meant to incite )

For me uniformity mainly,I don't mind if the suits vary by a few millimeters. But in the case of MK3 it's short,sticks out like a sore thumb compared to most armors.

I think I'm lost. I'm trying to understand why so many think certain armors are too short. Is there some movie reference site that specifically lists the height of all the armors? Should all the armors be the same height? ( with the exception of the over sized armors of course ). Is it simply a desire to want uniformity? Please bring me into the light. :wink1:

( honest question. Not meant to incite )

There is a wiki that shows all armors and their stats.

This picture shows the difference in height to be quite a lot. Personally it's not the overall height for me as I would display it standing next to another IM (unless in a hall of armour where it wouldn't be overly obvious), but for me it's more the proportions. I think longer legs would solve a lot of that, as it is the mk3 looks a little stunted (I still have and like the figure though) so I hope the mkII does get updated a little.

Edit: damn, quoted the wrong picture instead of the one with no bases. But you can still compare quite well!

This picture shows the difference in height to be quite a lot. Personally it's not the overall height for me as I would display it standing next to another IM (unless in a hall of armour where it wouldn't be overly obvious), but for me it's more the proportions. I think longer legs would solve a lot of that, as it is the mk3 looks a little stunted (I still have and like the figure though) so I hope the mkII does get updated a little.

Edit: damn, quoted the wrong picture instead of the one with no bases. But you can still compare quite well!

I have every armor and know there is as much as an inch in height difference. I was curious to know if there is any reference material online or print or anywhere that lists all 46 armors and what their height is. Or if it is simply personal preference that some want uniformity? Like Furyan posted or proportions like you posted. It can't possibly be the link I posted. Every armor is listed as either 6'0", 6'5" .

Some are even listed as USER'S HEIGHT.

I really want the holographic armor bonus that comes with this, but don't need the figure haha. I would be willing to make a deal with someone, if they would be so kind.

I have every armor and know there is as much as an inch in height difference. I was curious to know if there is any reference material online or print or anywhere that lists all 46 armors and what their height is. Or if it is simply personal preference that some want uniformity? Like Furyan posted or proportions like you posted. It can't possibly be the link I posted. Every armor is listed as either 6'0", 6'5" .

Some are even listed as USER'S HEIGHT.

There's probably nothing official, but when you see the first 8 or so in his Hall of Armor they do appear to be the same uniform height. So it's safe to assume later ones (that he actually wore) like the 45 and 46 would be the same way.

Back