Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to conceive of how they could possibly get away with that without angering literally everyone who bought the first, gimped, DC Mark III. Best idea I can come up with is a battle-damaged variant.

I bought their first Mark III die-cast. I'm happy with it. It doesn't really bother me much if they do another version - maybe include some extras. They're always out to make an extra buck, so even though it's frustrating, it's never too surprising when they upgrade, repaint or re-release.

Why is his mouth all open like that ? like mark 2 is confused

How's that now? I remember the figures that we we're getting 7 years ago... everything from QC issues to head sculpts seems to be consistently better these days. I think many of us have very selective memories about "the glory days" of collecting.

I mean they keep selling us the same **** again and again and we buy it blindly. But you are right. We are the joke, not them...

How tall is DC Mark 3 next to Mark 2 unleashed? someone make comparison pic. If HT makes a pic of new Mk 2 next to the old Mk 2 we will know how tall it is then:lecture

I bought their first Mark III die-cast. I'm happy with it. It doesn't really bother me much if they do another version - maybe include some extras. They're always out to make an extra buck, so even though it's frustrating, it's never too surprising when they upgrade, repaint or re-release.

It's been what, a year since the DC Mark III was released? I don't mind them going back and revisiting figures they made the better part of a decade ago, but if that's going to be the future of things why bother buying anything from them? Just wait for Iron Man Mark [x], 2025 edition, it's sure to be better than the 2023 and 2024 versions :lol

I could not disagree more. The only thing I collect now, and I am proud of that.

For pure bang for your buck, I have to concur. There was a point at which I had a number of lines going, including some great import stuff in smaller scale.

I eventually focused on HT 1/6 and haven't regretted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For pure bang for your buck, I have to concur. There was a point at which I had a number of lines going, including some great import stuff in smaller scale.

I eventually focused on HT 1/6 and haven't regretted it.

Funny. I actually went the reverse way. I try to avoid HT like the plague (can't always, unfortunately) and focused on bootleg/unlicensed figures. HT prices have become a real turn off.

How tall is DC Mark 3 next to Mark 2 unleashed? someone make comparison pic. If HT makes a pic of new Mk 2 next to the old Mk 2 we will know how tall it is then:lecture

mk2.jpg

They're the same height. The only way I'm getting this is if it's the correct height, otherwise I'm going to get the updated head and put it on this one.

The DC Mk3 was an nearly identical body to MkII AU, which was disappointing as they clearly seemed to start from the Mk2 chassis instead of starting over for the DC release

(old pic of mine, I don't own either of these anymore)

B1DXFIM.jpg

I understand wanting to sell some of the original release figures because of the newly made die casts, but I think the Mk II AU is a different story. This is Tony testing the armor for the first time.
Armor Unleashed is Rhodey (headsculpt included) and displays beautifully in stripped down form from Iron Man 2. I regard these as two totally different figures. I don't have the first Mk II release
but I do have the Armor Unleashed version. I'm keeping that and getting this one too.
Ryan

I think this is 100 percent the same body as the D/C MK3 save for the ab articulation. Same size and everything. It looks the exact same, same shoulder joints, proportions, same head sculpt.

I think this is 100 percent the same body as the D/C MK3 save for the ab articulation. Same size and everything. It looks the exact same, same shoulder joints, proportions, same head sculpt.

Thats a very subjective observation though. Lets wait for official measurements.

Back