Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Original Mark II MMS-078 with the Tony Stark head sculpt included, the Mark II Armor Unleashed MMS-150. And I will definitely add this to my collection.

i'll wait for the side by side photos first, not sure how much more impressive it will look standing inside the Hall of Armor display

Tempted but ultimately think I'm done with the IM for now. Maybe a 1/4 scale of the IW armours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the reason to upgrade (if we can call it that) from the MKII unleashed. Now, if they ever announce a 1/4 scale version of this and the mark III then we can talk.

Hot Toys has become a joke. And the sad thing is, we still follow...

How's that now? I remember the figures that we we're getting 7 years ago... everything from QC issues to head sculpts seems to be consistently better these days. I think many of us have very selective memories about "the glory days" of collecting.

How's that now? I remember the figures that we we're getting 7 years ago... everything from QC issues to head sculpts seems to be consistently better these days. I think many of us have very selective memories about "the glory days" of collecting.

And there are probably a ton of new collectors, like me, who missed out on the first runs. Doing DC = new HSs, new designs (engineering) to draw in the people who bought them the first time too.

They make them because they sell.

And there are probably a ton of new collectors, like me, who missed out on the first runs. Doing DC = new HSs, new designs (engineering) to draw in the people who bought them the first time too.

They make them because they sell.

Amen to that. I think maybe people get salty because these new re-releases (lol) may drop older figures value. But as we all know collecting for profit wont work, and takes all the fun out of it. I like that newer collectors have a chance to grab versions of older releases at retail. And I personally like having older versions side by side to newer ones, it's fun to look at and show off the advancements to people.

I've had mine like this the past 2 years, or just as a hall of armor stand in. This is a great release for those who missed out on the first versions.
20150120_000200.jpg

A HT Iron Man being $130 retail isn't really selective :lol

Agreed. I'm happy with my mk2 unleashed. Need to see more of this before I decide on a upgrade

The only thing I don't like about the Mark II AU is that the elbow joints are a plain grey plastic, as opposed to being painted and panel lined like the prototype and other figures (Mark IV, Mark VI) that use this design. With this release set to tank the resale value on the AU I might finally do something about that...

My original Mark II has cobweb scratches for some reason so count me in on replacing it with this if it's properly scaled. The helmet/faceplate, paintjob and rivets are enough to get me to buy this.

Yeah, I'll be getting this for sure. If it isn't an entirely new body (I highly doubt it), the torso has been re-engineered for ab articulation, which was a major complaint with the die-cast Mark III. I can't tell if they gave this one ankle tilts, but I guess we'll find out when the final product is released. I could certainly see them integrating that as well. They would be crazy not to repaint this as a new Mark III sometime soon. The first die-cast version, which I still like, was almost more of a functional figure.

Yeah, I'll be getting this for sure. If it isn't an entirely new body (I highly doubt it), the torso has been re-engineered for ab articulation, which was a major complaint with the die-cast Mark III. I can't tell if they gave this one ankle tilts, but I guess we'll find out when the final product is released. I could certainly see them integrating that as well. They would be crazy not to repaint this as a new Mark III sometime soon. The first die-cast version, which I still like, was almost more of a functional figure.

Trying to conceive of how they could possibly get away with that without angering literally everyone who bought the first, gimped, DC Mark III. Best idea I can come up with is a battle-damaged variant.

Back