Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its his display. People have different standards. At least for me, the DC MarkIII is already an awful scale so I am looking forward to this DC MarkII. Quite a significant upgrade assuming its scaled well.

I'm not questioning his preferences for his display. I just disagreed with the 1/4" assessment, when we have actual measurements. I have the diecast Mark III and like it. It's just underscaled compared to the other figures. I hope they make the Mark II taller, but it's looking like the same figure to me.

I don't understand the complaints about it being the same figure, especially if you owned the original Mark II and III (which were also both essentially the same figure), or any of the numerous repaints a la gunmetal, stealth, subzero etc.

Would they really invest in a new mold if both the II and III have the same body?

I'll pick this up just because i like the all chrome look. Not going to get rid of my unleashed MKII, that has way to many cool details for me to sell it, i'll just keep it opened up on the table in my starks workshop display.

I don't understand the complaints about it being the same figure, especially if you owned the original Mark II and III (which were also both essentially the same figure), or any of the numerous repaints a la gunmetal, stealth, subzero etc.

Would they really invest in a new mold if both the II and III have the same body?

Well this is HT's 3rd attempt at this figure, I guess some people were hoping they'd finally get it right. Scale, proportions, paint, articulation.

Your logic isn't flawed at all. They should have the same body. Therein lies the fault. Plenty of collectors, myself included, feel the body needs a lot of work. By getting rid of that gimmicky swap out torso and adding actual articulation, we know HT heard the feedback. By that logic, they should also have seen the feedback on the Mk3 being terribly underscaled as well. So if they didn't add a little height to this figure, then it's obvious that that is where HT drew the line in the sand. "We'll give you an articulated torso, but we're not going to re-scale the entire figure."

Basically, for those of us eagerly anticipating an entire HoA to be remade in diecast, we now have to deal with the fact that the Mk2 and Mk3 will be considerably shorter than at least the Mk5 and Mk6.

I guess I'm the only one bothered by the inaccurate "widows peak" shape

latest

Your logic isn't flawed at all. They should have the same body. Therein lies the fault. Plenty of collectors, myself included, feel the body needs a lot of work. By getting rid of that gimmicky swap out torso and adding actual articulation, we know HT heard the feedback. By that logic, they should also have seen the feedback on the Mk3 being terribly underscaled as well. So if they didn't add a little height to this figure, then it's obvious that that is where HT drew the line in the sand. "We'll give you an articulated torso, but we're not going to re-scale the entire figure."

Basically, for those of us eagerly anticipating an entire HoA to be remade in diecast, we now have to deal with the fact that the Mk2 and Mk3 will be considerably shorter than at least the Mk5 and Mk6.

It IS unfortunate that the Mk III was underscaled for whatever reason, especially considering that some of the armors that were released before it (plastic even) were already getting taller or slightly larger in scale.

Like some people have mentioned, there could be a chance for a DC BD Mark III (Which is how it SHOULD be displayed in the HOA) which could make the way for an Iron Man 2 version of the Mark II alongside a DC Mark IV (Birthday party fight!) Not too unrealistic to think it could happen!

It IS unfortunate that the Mk III was underscaled for whatever reason, especially considering that some of the armors that were released before it (plastic even) were already getting taller or slightly larger in scale.

Like some people have mentioned, there could be a chance for a DC BD Mark III (Which is how it SHOULD be displayed in the HOA) which could make the way for an Iron Man 2 version of the Mark II alongside a DC Mark IV (Birthday party fight!) Not too unrealistic to think it could happen!

:panic: :lol

Hey man I'm with you. I hope it plays out that way lol.

:panic: :lol

Hey man I'm with you. I hope it plays out that way lol.

It's Hot Toys and Iron Man, it pretty much HAS to :lol

I'm sure they know that the scale is off. All the more reason for them to release the same armor multiple times.

Well this is HT's 3rd attempt at this figure, I guess some people were hoping they'd finally get it right. Scale, proportions, paint, articulation.

I've seen a couple people mention a point of articulation that should easily have been included but sadly looks like everything besides the waist is the same as the Diecast Mk. III. I'm talking about the extending ankles! It's been around since the first Mk. VII but was left out of the Diecast Mk. III for unknown reasons. That particular articulation point(s) is crucial for dynamic poses and even most museum-esque poses. It wouldn't "solve" the height problem but does give most armors a good 3-5mm extra height.

I know I'm in the minority, but the issues with the MK3 don't bother me. But, it was also my first HT Iron Man. I now also have the Mk42, Iron Patriot and War Machine Mk1, and the size isn't too noticeable to me when they are all posed. Honestly I would find it more noticeable for the MK2 to be taller than the MK3

I also don't think we should be surprised if it's an exact repaint. That would be an easy decision to make if they are trying to knock out the original HOA in diecast.

This will be an instant PO for me, as have the other diecast releases. I only started collecting Hot Toys in 2015, and I am a huge Iron Man fan so I love these releases! My goal is to hopefully have the original HOA, the 42 (My personal favorite) and whichever seems to be the last RDJ Iron Man and that will be a satisfying collection for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For me it's not the height. The sculpting looks odd to my eyes, I think it's the proportions and the chest piece. The lines just don't look sleek enough. Also I didn't like the color of the HT mark 3.

I did a check with the details of the DC Mark III and the only difference was the waist armor articulation

“Okay, let’s see what this thing can do.”

Fans beloved Iron Man Mark II has been a mind-blowing armor as it’s the blueprint for later Iron Man designs. As the successor of Mark I, Mark II went through massive upgrades, mostly noticeable by its appearance. It’s the only Iron Man armor with pure-silver plates and also the first suit with a streamline and sleek design. Today, Hot Toys is delighted to unveil the 1/6th scale Mark II collectible figure as the latest addition to our MMS Diecast Series!

Made with diecast materials, the 1/6th scale Mark II is beautifully designed in reference to its appearance in Iron Man featuring a helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie, an interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up eyes, an distinctive streamlined design with pure silver-colored armor, interchangeable armor parts, and a LED light-up figure stand.

Moreover, a Special Edition will be available for selected markets which will include an additional holographic Iron Man Mark III miniature collectible!

The 1/6th scale Mark II Collectible Figure’s special features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark II in Iron Man
– Interchangeable head sculpt of Tony Stark with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. in the movie
– Contains diecast material
– Approximately 31 cm tall
– Metallic silver colored painting on armor
– Body with over 30 points of articulations
– All new waist armor design with improved articulation
– LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
– Removable chest and leg armor
– One (1) pair of interchangeable forearm rockets
– One (1) pair of interchangeable shoulder mounted guns
– One (1) pair of interchangeable countermeasure dispensers
– Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
• One (1) pair with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
• One (1) pair of fists
• One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
• One (1) pair of open hands with real-like fire accessories attached
– Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
– Fully deployed air flaps on back of legs
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Accessory:
– LED light-up figure stand with Mark II nameplate and movie logo (white light, battery operated)

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
– One (1) Holographic Mark III collectible (approximately 7.5cm tall)
(This Special Edition is for selected markets only.)

Artists:
– Head Sculpted by Kojun
– Head Painted by JC. Hong
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2018

Last edited:
Not 100%, but I wouldn't call it a deal killer:

413480690.jpg

But since it was the same (and still wrong) on the Mk3 DC, its another indication that this is just a low effort repaint, porting over plenty the problems from before (except the red, lucky them). The fact that they can't be bothered to get the faceplate to look right, down to that huge mouth line that's still there, the entire focal point of the suit, is just mystifying

Left side tweaked by inigou
21347541490_f5d007d8fc_o.jpg

For me it's not the height. The sculpting looks odd to my eyes, I think it's the proportions and the chest piece. The lines just don't look sleek enough. Also I didn't like the color of the HT mark 3.

Yeah it definitely seems to be lacking that sleek "man in a suit" look that it needs to have. And it's a shame we can't get a Mk 3 that looks more like this.

IMG_20170725_072942~01.jpg

Although I could probably live with the proportions if the color was just more accurate.

Back