Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a year delay in movies Hot Toys had to fill the gap somehow. Now we’re seeing the dreck they came up with. :lol

I think Hot Toys just labeled this figure wrong. It's going under their new 1/8 scale line for Iron Man. :rotfl

Hard pass on this for me. I still have the 2.0 boxed up. Will just whip that out if I ever feel like displaying it again. Same figure but I don't get the spinning fan on the back..oh no...

207176457_1029411000929136_6122609519188342316_n.jpg

They are just buying time releasing these BS figures waiting on the next Marvel movie phase to kick in, they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

The movies are going to be bad, so that will just make it worse.

Without RDJ and Evans fighting Thanos sales are gonna suffer.

Wow I didn't know about the sizing issue, then I come in here and get educated. What a disappointment.

That sucks. And here I was thinking I'd be able to have a nice setup of Mk1, Mk46 and Mk85 to show the progression in 3 clean figures.

Now I'm re-thinking my options if one is going to be clearly too small.

That's the level of disappointment we're at here.

I hope people are complaining on FB and IG. I hope this fails miserably for HT.
I am surprised HT made this decision with their crown jewel IM. They’ve obviously reached a level where there is little incentive to improve their product as enough customers are eager for pricier decade old reissues and actually consider themselves lucky to not pay “ebay prices”.

All of you forget that you don't live in China. IM, Deadpool and Spidey must all sell like great sushi over there. I mean look at all the Gundam, Anime, etc. They like their ninja machines.

Wow. What a complete dud of a release. I was interested in having this and MK 85 BD to bookend the Infinity Saga. And for that price? Crazy.

I’m assuming the elevated stand they’ve added is a weak attempt at masking the shortness of the figure.
That's exactly what it's for lol Instead of taking the time to actually change the figure and improve it, they just slap a stand to make it seem like he'll be taller.

Almost a decade since the 2.0 figure for this. Good one Hot Toys.

“Add a giant stand. They’ll never know they just paid $500 for TINY STARK. Hahahaha”

Last edited:
I've seen some statue companies go back to the drawing board on designs based on customer feedback. Whatever reason they have for the figure being shorter, the picture above shows it's just not acceptable. Let's see if Hot Toys will listen if people voice their concerns enough on this. Doubtful, but one can hope.

I've seen some statue companies go back to the drawing board on designs based on customer feedback. Whatever reason they have for the figure being shorter, the picture above shows it's just not acceptable. Let's see if Hot Toys will listen if people voice their concerns enough on this. Doubtful, but one can hope.

This made me laugh.

They won’t do anything about this figure but maybe if they get enough blow back and see a pissed customer base yet again they’ll think twice before squatting out another Tiny Stark mistake.

But the reason they didn’t improve this is they decided they can sell it on “die cast” alone without making new expensive molds. So if they now have enough customers that will buy outdated, undersized product at an inflated price, some grumpy legacy customers won’t hurt profits.

Last edited:
This is just another joke of a "Summer Showcase" reveal today.
They are turning into Hasbro and Mattel, with blatant re-use of existing parts to
try and make more money. Pretty pathetic when you are selling what now, $400+ figures?

It will be kind of funny looking back before COVID to the "glory days" of Hot Toys.
You know, when releases made sense and they actually were trying?

Back