Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had to choose between this and the Mark VII, which one would you go for?

I promised myself to only get one suit that gets dominated by a certain color since too much of the same would basically bore me to look at, and for red it's between the Mark VII and Silver Centurion..

I need to have made my choice by monday (I got until then to cancel my Mark VII preorder) but it's a damn tough one to make :/

If you had to choose between this and the Mark VII, which one would you go for?

I promised myself to only get one suit that gets dominated by a certain color since too much of the same would basically bore me to look at, and for red it's between the Mark VII and Silver Centurion..

I need to have made my choice by monday (I got until then to cancel my Mark VII preorder) but it's a damn tough one to make :/

well silver centurion has a much better headsculpt so if you wanna see rdj id get that i personally like the look more so on centurion but their both iconic

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

It's so not. And I applaud you for that.
But there's 100's that think it is, and if they believe "X" item is worth "Y" amount of $$$, who am I to argue?
They can always NOT buy from me, right?

This is a great looking figure, and I'm happy for the ones that will get it a retail price, don't get me wrong.

love it!!!

Emmmm... Ever heard of the stock market?? If people want to gamble on figures , let them! So what...??? And if people miss out because of it.....tough, somebody HAS to miss out. Hot toys isn't going to make BD MkIII's indefinitely just so no one ever gets left out :cuckoo:

I make it a habit of only buying figures and statues I like. I didnt always and made both good and bad decisions. I learnt a lot from that.

Now, If at some point I want to sell for an inflated value, good for me. If they will sell for a loss I will take the hit or just keep them and enjoy them because that's initially why I bought them.

Also for all the so called 'Robin Hoods of the collecting world' , don't be so quick to judge people . I sold some figures for more than they cost me and put a lot of the money towards something dear to me. A ,lot of it also went on buying more figures, but hey, ho.

If any of you needed a lot of cash for something which meant a lot to you, you would take advantage of the situation also.

I will wait for regular version from other places as well. SS and BBTS have him for the highest price. Thought BBTS would be cheaper. Not to mention SS charges extra for pack out. I could care less about a burnt helmet, does nothing for the figure itself and doesn't justify a 20-30 dollar increase in price. Toy Anxiety, Corner Store Comics, Action Figure Xpress(Shopafx), Alter Ego will probably have cheaper, even with shipping.
Funny among everything I've read on this board and Facebook Hot Toys etc., nobody mentions Action Figure Xpress. Probably one of the cheapest prices and they answer emails and calls.

I'm of the same opinion regarding the battle damaged helmet. I ordered the regular version from Corner Store Comics, which has it for $229.99, same price they're charging for Heartbreaker. For some reason Alter Ego has it for $10 more, which is unfortunate as I had $10 worth of reward points there. I'm waiting on Catwoman & Hulk from AE, so I'll wait until they arrive & cash in the lot on my next order (which I hope will be the Winter Soldier).

Because it ****s over someone else in the process. And the whole "the-buyer-got-what-she-wanted-so-what's-the-problem" argument doesn't fly because it doesn't take into account the fact that no one actively enjoys paying ridiculous aftermarket prices for anything. Buying from a scalper is a last resort; one does not do so with a smile. And even if a buyer welcomes being taken advantage of (which is irrefutably what it is: being taken advantage of), the seller ought not indulge the person's desperation on the basis that, at the end of the day, you're still taking advantage of her.

If an item means so little to you that you only view it as its monetary sum, then the item is wasted on you, for you don't deserve it. And the person who does, indeed, love the item for the narrative it speaks to her does not deserve to be screwed over to enjoy that story. Rarely is there honor amongst thieves; most often there is only theft. I did happen across a Robin Hood within this hobby once a few years ago, but even in that circumstance, the person did not enjoy the process, for he clearly understood that he was preying on strangers' addictions to these material goods. But his mission was to fund the medical treatment of a degenerating friend, so the benefit vastly outweighed the morality of the means. There seem to be far more cases that are significantly less noble.

If you have free time I'd LOVE for you to talk to a few landlords of apartments in NYC that I'd like to rent out.

Because it ****s over someone else in the process. And the whole "the-buyer-got-what-she-wanted-so-what's-the-problem" argument doesn't fly because it doesn't take into account the fact that no one actively enjoys paying ridiculous aftermarket prices for anything. Buying from a scalper is a last resort; one does not do so with a smile. And even if a buyer welcomes being taken advantage of (which is irrefutably what it is: being taken advantage of), the seller ought not indulge the person's desperation on the basis that, at the end of the day, you're still taking advantage of her.

If an item means so little to you that you only view it as its monetary sum, then the item is wasted on you, for you don't deserve it. And the person who does, indeed, love the item for the narrative it speaks to her does not deserve to be screwed over to enjoy that story. Rarely is there honor amongst thieves; most often there is only theft. I did happen across a Robin Hood within this hobby once a few years ago, but even in that circumstance, the person did not enjoy the process, for he clearly understood that he was preying on strangers' addictions to these material goods. But his mission was to fund the medical treatment of a degenerating friend, so the benefit vastly outweighed the morality of the means. There seem to be far more cases that are significantly less noble.

Wasted on me? I don't think so.
HT just made 750$ out of me in a day. Define waste.
Am I not "deserving" of a toy? Lol.
Brother, I just got THREE. And I'm
Just eyeing that Heartbreaker that is sure to sell out too.
I'll contact SS to see if they find me deserving of one. Or 6.

Just ordered from AE and was charged the full amount on my credit card. That's one heck of an NRD:slap
Don't worry, it's not a NRD. They charge you the full amount to verify your credit card. The charge will go away in about 3-5 days. :lol

People should pre-order in time. Don't tell me you don't have $25.
If you don't, then find another hobby.
As I said, this IM crazy fan base helps me pay for my HT DC addiction.
In fact, two days ago I placed my mark VII exclusive on ebay, and I shared the links here with fellow board members.
You should see some of the PM'a I was getting. People offering up to THREE figures to trade.
One wanted to give me a sealed, freaking IRON MONGER and a Barney Rose.
If that's a normal behavior with IM fans, then I'm up for it. Will keep buying and sell them later.

:rotfl thats crazy man, I too have no Idea why IM does what it does, do what you have to do and get out, eventually there will be too much on the market and the buble will burst, especially when HT announces 4 Iron men in 1 week :rotfl

:rotfl thats crazy man, I too have no Idea why IM does what it does, do what you have to do and get out, eventually there will be too much on the market and the buble will burst, especially when HT announces 4 Iron men in 1 week :rotfl

a HUGE share of the iron man market is in hong kong and the surrounding asian countries. IM seems to have a following there who are out of control in the money they spend. overseas ticket sales are a big reason the movies are as successful as they are. in america we get bored quickly. seems the people in HK can't get enough IM! i for one will buy every IM figure that comes out. he was my favorite character as a kid and is as a big kid too. :rock

Amen! Scalpers do nothing but exploit people who just want a little joy in their otherwise less than joyful lives. Scalpers are no better than drug dealers.

Flipping means buying something than almost no one wants in the condition it is in, and then renovating it, thus ADDING value, and reaping a huge profit for that genuine service. Scalping is not flipping.

Scalpers call themselves flippers because it is a euphemism that is said to make them seem not to be the scum of the Earth they are.

People should pre-order in time. Don't tell me you don't have $25.
If you don't, then find another hobby.
As I said, this IM crazy fan base helps me pay for my HT DC addiction.
In fact, two days ago I placed my mark VII exclusive on ebay, and I shared the links here with fellow board members.
You should see some of the PM'a I was getting. People offering up to THREE figures to trade.
One wanted to give me a sealed, freaking IRON MONGER and a Barney Rose.
If that's a normal behavior with IM fans, then I'm up for it. Will keep buying and sell them later.

You tell people who don't have enough money to pay an NRD to find another hobby, yet you can't afford to buy your DC collection without scalping because you can't afford it.
Which is it? Should people who can't afford to buy these figures all by themselves get out of the hobby or not?

Sounds like you can't afford this hobby without scalping, yet you chastise those who can't afford an NRD right away. That's hypocritical.

You tell people who don't have enough money to pay an NRD to find another hobby, yet you can't afford to buy your DC collection without scalping because you can't afford it.
Which is it? Should people who can't afford to buy these figures all by themselves get out of the hobby or not?

Sounds like you can't afford this hobby without scalping, yet you chastise those who can't afford an NRD right away. That's hypocritical.

amen bro:clap

Back