Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Dude, you're stupid. Sorry.

:lol As much as I hate to say it, if the EX sells out as fast as they probably will I have no doubt he will probably be able to flip this bad boy for some pretty good money. Being more of a comic book fan this armor is/was used a lot in the comics so it resonates with a lot of people in the comic book world as well, its the reason why im getting this one! Both HT collectors and even those that don't really collect as much just might want this one so for him yeah its ez money. Well IMO.

I'm amazed that a NRD for $25 holds people back from a collectible that costs $250.00. Not that I don't see anything wrong with it, I just find it surprising.

I guess maybe it shows for me how non-committal people are about the lines they collect.

Because production pieces may end up with QC issues or end up completely different. Losing $25 on that is still losing money.

Dude, you're stupid. Sorry.

No thing to be sorry about friend. But I'm not.

If you only knew how many of the "super freaks" around here with 50,000+ posts flip the hell out of these things you'd be surprised.
At least I'm honest about it. IM sells a lot. Why? No idea. It helps me pay for other figures I actually like, and there's nothing wrong with that in my book. It's all about this hobby for me.
If only that BD mark VII ha come out sooner, I would've easily pay my 89 Batmobile with it.

Because production pieces may end up with QC issues or end up completely different. Losing $25 on that is still losing money.

Sorry but for the most part the piece is pretty much how it looks, yes there may be slight variations but there isn't going to be anything so different that it looks nothing like the prototype. So yeah you pretty much know what you getting for the most part. And as for QC issues SS is pretty good about that, I had a QC issue with an item, they didn't have any more so they refunded me my money no problem. So I have to disagree with your argument here. What it really comes down to is people want the option to cancel at any time for any reason and not be penalized for it. But as a business I can see how SS has to do NRD.

If you only knew how many of the "super freaks" around here with 50,000+ posts flip the hell out of these things you'd be surprised.
At least I'm honest about it. IM sells a lot. Why? No idea. It helps me pay for other figures I actually like, and there's nothing wrong with that in my book. It's all about this hobby for me.
If only that BD mark VII ha come out sooner, I would've easily pay my 89 Batmobile with it.

Yeah he does have a point there and honestly if I could I would too. Hell it helps to pay for my other stuff so why not?

Hell it helps to pay for my other stuff so why not?

Because it ****s over someone else in the process. And the whole "the-buyer-got-what-she-wanted-so-what's-the-problem" argument doesn't fly because it doesn't take into account the fact that no one actively enjoys paying ridiculous aftermarket prices for anything. Buying from a scalper is a last resort; one does not do so with a smile. And even if a buyer welcomes being taken advantage of (which is irrefutably what it is: being taken advantage of), the seller ought not indulge the person's desperation on the basis that, at the end of the day, you're still taking advantage of her.

If an item means so little to you that you only view it as its monetary sum, then the item is wasted on you, for you don't deserve it. And the person who does, indeed, love the item for the narrative it speaks to her does not deserve to be screwed over to enjoy that story. Rarely is there honor amongst thieves; most often there is only theft. I did happen across a Robin Hood within this hobby once a few years ago, but even in that circumstance, the person did not enjoy the process, for he clearly understood that he was preying on strangers' addictions to these material goods. But his mission was to fund the medical treatment of a degenerating friend, so the benefit vastly outweighed the morality of the means. There seem to be far more cases that are significantly less noble.

Because it ****s over someone else in the process. And the whole "the-buyer-got-what-she-wanted-so-what's-the-problem" argument doesn't fly because it doesn't take into account the fact that no one actively enjoys paying ridiculous aftermarket prices for anything. Buying from a scalper is a last resort; one does not do so with a smile. And even if a buyer welcomes being taken advantage of (which is irrefutably what it is: being taken advantage of), the seller ought not indulge the person's desperation on the basis that, at the end of the day, you're still taking advantage of her.

If an item means so little to you that you only view it as its monetary sum, then the item is wasted on you, for you don't deserve it. And the person who does, indeed, love the item for the narrative it speaks to her does not deserve to be screwed over to enjoy that story. Rarely is there honor amongst thieves; most often there is only theft. I did happen across a Robin Hood within this hobby once a few years ago, but even in that circumstance, the person did not enjoy the process, for he clearly understood that he was preying on strangers' addictions to these material goods. But his mission was to fund the medical treatment of a degenerating friend, so the benefit vastly outweighed the morality of the means. There seem to be far more cases that are significantly less noble.

:goodpost::clap:lecture Sadly, chivalry is dead and this will be lost on the people you're addressing.

I couldn't say it any better. :hi5:

:goodpost: Bravo!!!

I have to agree with others. Its a ****ty attitude.
Even if people do this, good luck to them, but its one thing to do it behind the scenes, and its another thing to blurt it out and gloat about it, which is what your doing, it really does make you look bad, and it does tick a lot of people off.

I always overpay for figures, it's not fair because sometimes I work so much that some exclusive or figures I want are gone by the time I get home, the Hasbro thing only lasted about 5 minutes the other day so it's impossible sometimes. I Work hard for the money as a nurse.

yeah i agree with you scalpers are a plague to our community, whenever i see a figure that i want on ebay and the dip**** wants 2 to 3 times more then what it costs it makes me wanna find out where he lives :lol

a key example is the avengers mark 7 armor, half the people that are selling it for 400 plus on ebay didnt even want it they just got it to make a quick buck

flipping is part of collecting. if anyone wanted the figure bad enough, why didn't they order it when it went on sale? everyone is supposed to get an equal shot at one or whatever the limit may be. reminds me of someone saying....hey, i'm next in line! well if you were next in line, why am i here? :dunno

there are more instances than not that a flipper buys a couple and the figure's value drops like a rock. what then? it's all part of the collecting game.

People should pre-order in time. Don't tell me you don't have $25.
If you don't, then find another hobby.
As I said, this IM crazy fan base helps me pay for my HT DC addiction.
In fact, two days ago I placed my mark VII exclusive on ebay, and I shared the links here with fellow board members.
You should see some of the PM'a I was getting. People offering up to THREE figures to trade.
One wanted to give me a sealed, freaking IRON MONGER and a Barney Rose.
If that's a normal behavior with IM fans, then I'm up for it. Will keep buying and sell them later.

People should pre-order in time. Don't tell me you don't have $25.
If you don't, then find another hobby.
As I said, this IM crazy fan base helps me pay for my HT DC addiction.
In fact, two days ago I placed my mark VII exclusive on ebay, and I shared the links here with fellow board members.
You should see some of the PM'a I was getting. People offering up to THREE figures to trade.
One wanted to give me a sealed, freaking IRON MONGER and a Barney Rose.
If that's a normal behavior with IM fans, then I'm up for it. Will keep buying and sell them later.

the market is the market. some people get caught up. i almost did with the MVII BD but came to my senses. just not worth it.

I have to agree with others. Its a ****ty attitude.
Even if people do this, good luck to them, but its one thing to do it behind the scenes, and its another thing to blurt it out and gloat about it, which is what your doing, it really does make you look bad, and it does tick a lot of people off.

I don't believe in behind de scenes crap. I do what I do to support my hobby. Hell, at least that money is going back to collecting. And at the rate HT is throwing 1/6 batman vehicles to us DC fans, whatever helps.

the market is the market. some people get caught up. i almost did with the MVII BD but came to my senses. just not worth it.

It's so not. And I applaud you for that.
But there's 100's that think it is, and if they believe "X" item is worth "Y" amount of $$$, who am I to argue?
They can always NOT buy from me, right?

This is a great looking figure, and I'm happy for the ones that will get it a retail price, don't get me wrong.

Back