Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice :hi5: Great figure to have

It was between this one and Heartbreaker (whom I actually pre ordered in April and ended up getting screwed via eBay (but I got my money back so can't complain to much)), but luckily, sideshow still had them both and I thought for the money he was the better buy (multiple face pieces/helmets after all). Hopefully Sideshow will have him here by early next week :D

It was between this one and Heartbreaker (whom I actually pre ordered in April and ended up getting screwed via eBay (but I got my money back so can't complain to much)), but luckily, sideshow still had them both and I thought for the money he was the better buy (multiple face pieces/helmets after all). Hopefully Sideshow will have him here by early next week :D

oh no thats tough... Heartbreaker vs Silver Centurion :gah:

I guess for value SC comes with more like you said :hi5: but I think Heartbreaker has that cool factor.....

both equally good

I finally got around to picking this one up too. Should be here in a day or two. I can't wait.

Ok, I'm a new collector and just received the Silver Centurion as my first Iron Man in my collection; in the above pics, how did you guys manipulate the supporting flexible rod so the figure is clamped and supported at the waist? Can you provide a photo from the rear, thanks?

Sorry I took so long to get you the picture. Here is mine:

I finally got around to picking this guy up. Its a really nice figure. Im glad I got one.

1424786825_zps02ff8ccb.jpg

Sorry I took so long to get you the picture. Here is mine:

Much appreciated Phyxius...such a severe bend. I'm having a difficult time getting the rod positioned to keep his feet on the ground with a natural look, these flexible rods seem to be much better for flying poses...wish the clamp itself was adjustable up and down.

Much appreciated Phyxius...such a severe bend. I'm having a difficult time getting the rod positioned to keep his feet on the ground with a natural look, these flexible rods seem to be much better for flying poses...wish the clamp itself was adjustable up and down.

Those rods are terrible for anything other than action/flight poses. I wish they included a smaller rod for standing the figure on the base.

Agreed. The base that came with my SC looks different that the one Phyxius is showing in his pic, mine is elevated another inch or so. Can they be taken apart or is his another base style entirely?

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

You can unscrew the lower half of the base, I've done the same thing to give them better clearance on my book shelf. Even standing there wasn't much headroom... stand is the major let down on these.

You can unscrew the lower half of the base, I've done the same thing to give them better clearance on my book shelf. Even standing there wasn't much headroom... stand is the major let down on these.
:lecture
Yeah just take the four screws out from the bottom

Sweet, didn't know that; I don't see the need to have the figure displayed another inch higher. Thanks for the info!

You're very welcome. I will say that initially I had a hard time bending the flex rod to hold a standing pose too. I had my SC standing completely upright with his legs extended, just so he'd reach the base. I think it just takes some use and bending of the flight rod to break it in.

As you said, it would of been nice to have an adjustable clamp, or a shorter rod for standing poses

So I have a serious question that I am hoping someone on the forum can answer before I write sideshow...

I ordered my figure from Sideshowtoy.com under the assumption that if I ordered from this site I would received the "sideshow exclusive" version of Silver Centurion, in other words I would receive the battle damaged/flame helmet... My figure arrived today (after a huge hassle with UPS) and I was a little shocked to see the battle damaged helmet was NOT included.

Now, maybe this is a dumb question, but I am under the assumption if I order from the site that has the "exclusive edition" I would receive that edition... right? The only thing I could think was that maybe there were two versions of this being sold for pre-order? Does anyone know for sure?

Sideshow sell both the exclusive and the regular version of these releases. Either you ordered the regular one or someone shipped the wrong one.

So I have a serious question that I am hoping someone on the forum can answer before I write sideshow...

I ordered my figure from Sideshowtoy.com under the assumption that if I ordered from this site I would received the "sideshow exclusive" version of Silver Centurion, in other words I would receive the battle damaged/flame helmet... My figure arrived today (after a huge hassle with UPS) and I was a little shocked to see the battle damaged helmet was NOT included.

Now, maybe this is a dumb question, but I am under the assumption if I order from the site that has the "exclusive edition" I would receive that edition... right? The only thing I could think was that maybe there were two versions of this being sold for pre-order? Does anyone know for sure?

Sideshow sell both the exclusive and the regular version of these releases. Either you ordered the regular one or someone shipped the wrong one.

I am pretty sure the Exclusive has been sold out for some time now. Only the regular edition is still available.

The exclusive editions are available in limited quantities. Once they sell out of those, they'll only sell the standard editions.

Yes they have Exclusive Versions and regular versions listed separately... they only receive a limited number of exclusives, after they sell out anyone who orders will be ordering the regular version.

Exclusive
Marvel Iron Man - Silver Centurion - Mark 33 Sixth Scale Fig | Sideshow Collectibles
Regular
Marvel Iron Man - Silver Centurion - Mark 33 Sixth Scale Fig | Sideshow Collectibles

Back