Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I nearly bought the original Mark III on Ebay as my first Hot Toy but decided it didn't look right ... such skinny legs.

I came into it late too really, I mainly collect Star Wars & didn't want to get sidetracked into collecting something else..., I made the mistake of deciding that just having 1 figure wouldn't hurt & at the time they'd just released the mark II Unleashed figure so I bought it, loved it & immediately decided it needed a friend so preordered everything going. lol ;) No regrets of course, knew deep down I'd get side tracked really. :) I want every suit there is & although I don't have the earlier ones, I've resisted buying them in the hopes they'll be remade in the diecast format..., I've been told some of the earlier figures have loose joint issues anyway so a newer figure would be more desirable. :)

Yeah, I nearly bought the original Mark III on Ebay as my first Hot Toy but decided it didn't look right ... such skinny legs.

Now that the diecast figure is on the way I see the original mark III on eBay for reasonable prices all the time, having seen the pictures of the new diecast version though, I could never opt for the older plastic figure over that of the diecast version, it just looks some what lacking really (just how I see it though).

Wait a sec. What? Why does the base take batteries if it doesn't light up?? Did they just abandon the light up base idea?

Reused from what?

I don't use the light up features BUT isn't the Tony Stark testing figure the original one with the base that lights up? I've got it but the box is in the attic so I can't check..., well I can't be bothered to route around up there for it anyway. lol ;)

I don't use the light up features BUT isn't the Tony Stark testing figure the original one with the base that lights up? I've got it but the box is in the attic so I can't check..., well I can't be bothered to route around up there for it anyway. lol ;)

I cant believe they would cheap out like that. haha i miss the old bases. obviously they stopped giving those out because they wanted to sell the hall of armors. :gah:

I cant believe they would cheap out like that. haha i miss the old bases. obviously they stopped giving those out because they wanted to sell the hall of armors. :gah:

The hall of armours were pretty good but the party protocol versions aren't so great, I was surprised they wanted to charge so much for polystyrene.

The hall of armours were pretty good but the party protocol versions aren't so great, I was surprised they wanted to charge so much for polystyrene.

Yes I still prefer the original HOA bays.... I dont like that these bases don't light up.... it seems like HT are cheaping out on a lot of things these days.... such greedy *******s

Yes I still prefer the original HOA bays.... I dont like that these bases don't light up.... it seems like HT are cheaping out on a lot of things these days.... such greedy *******s

They are indeed, mind you the scalpers on eBay trying to get over double the excessive retail price for the polystyrene halls of armour really bug me..., I could never try selling a cheap as chips thing for anything like what some of the prices I've seen are asking, $5.00-$10.00 is more like it..., well maybe the light up feature is worth a bit more but the polystyrene is worth mere pennies I think.

They are indeed, mind you the scalpers on eBay trying to get over double the excessive retail price for the polystyrene halls of armour really bug me..., I could never try selling a cheap as chips thing for anything like what some of the prices I've seen are asking, $5.00-$10.00 is more like it..., well maybe the light up feature is worth a bit more but the polystyrene is worth mere pennies I think.

yeah but thats just a cheap LED as well, at most I would pay $15-$20 for one

That sounds far more reasonable to me, especially when there are potentially SO many suits to go in them..., they should be more reasonally priced.

Indeed :duff:

I'm not getting all the suits so I don't really need the HOA bays, but if I wanted to put all my armors in bays, I would just get the old ones or make my own(which would be better for bigger suits like Red Snapper or Igor

Indeed :duff:

I'm not getting all the suits so I don't really need the HOA bays, but if I wanted to put all my armors in bays, I would just get the old ones or make my own(which would be better for bigger suits like Red Snapper or Igor

I nearly bought the set of 7 original HOA bays but after thinking about it I cancelled the preorder as I realised I could spend that money on more suits, as for the polystyrene versions, I cancelled my preorder of those when I found out what they were made of..., I like at least the appearance of value for money, polystyrene to me is for packaging, when it's done it's job I bin it. The other thing that concerns me about the cheap choice of materials with the HPP bays is the durability of them, I know polystyrene tends to go all flakey & can kind of dissolve (appear as if it's been eaten away, disintegrate might be a better word for it).

I nearly bought the set of 7 original HOA bays but after thinking about it I cancelled the preorder as I realised I could spend that money on more suits, as for the polystyrene versions, I cancelled my preorder of those when I found out what they were made of..., I like at least the appearance of value for money, polystyrene to me is for packaging, when it's done it's job I bin it. The other thing that concerns me about the cheap choice of materials with the HPP bays is the durability of them, I know polystyrene tends to go all flakey & can kind of dissolve (appear as if it's been eaten away, disintegrate might be a better word for it).

Yeah its much better to get Armors over HOA bays..... as for the HPP bays, they should start using those for packaging the HPP armors in their boxes, or should have done that from the start.... we should be getting a free one since we pay through the ass for just the figures anyway.

Yeah its much better to get Armors over HOA bays..... as for the HPP bays, they should start using those for packaging the HPP armors in their boxes, or should have done that from the start.... we should be getting a free one since we pay through the ass for just the figures anyway.

That idea is actually very appealing to me & I'd be happier with the use of polystyrene then too..., as they'd be keeping their costs down whilst at the same time providing us with a decent display option.

That idea is actually very appealing to me & I'd be happier with the use of polystyrene then too..., as they'd be keeping their costs down whilst at the same time providing us with a decent display option.

but I wouldn't count on that kind of generosity from the likes of HT.... pfft we are lucky we still get extra hands

but I wouldn't count on that kind of generosity from the likes of HT.... pfft we are lucky we still get extra hands

That was my initial thought too BUT then I remembered my Tony Stark testing figure & all of the stuff that came with that, so I guess it's doable but obviously less profitable. :(

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Cool sideshow ornament with my newly arrived silver centurion!
3eb245b120adfecb498d34908fc3785a.jpg
be979fe4a81a030d77865997f658c14b.jpg

Back