Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

I did something I swore I would never do to get this figure. I joined f'n twitter. I will close my acct ASAP.

I don't really care if it's really "limited" or not just that i have one on the way. I think it will really stand out with the rest of the armors.

I don't really care if it's really "limited" or not just that i have one on the way. I think it will really stand out with the rest of the armors.

Same here, I didn't start collecting these because they are limited, I did it because they are awesome.

I kinda think people are making fun of the whole "limited" thing because of the price this piece has. That's the only way it can be really justified.

Mark VII had more pieces and even a HS (a horrid one, that is.) and it was what, $50 less? How much more can a repaint be? Nah, let's put limited on the description and we are set.

Either way, in happy I got one. At least I didn't pay $500 like some geniuses.

I feel bad for the Australian fans though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I caved. You win, Hot Toys. I kept telling myself I wouldn't order this. Finally found something to use my reward points on. Had planned on using them on Hot Toy's Arkham City Batman.......

Yeah but a 10 dollar toy at Wal-mart can be awesome too. Collectors want something that is special. haha.

This is a very special figure for very special collectors.

They tested the water by offering the mark vi movie promo at $200 and folks buy em. They try to go for $300 this year, and everything is sold out. I think by next year it'll be $400 for a lesser movie promo figure.

I think im out, as soon as i get the mark 1-7 and the HOA. Unless i win the lottery or something.

$299 is crazy cheap compared to eBay prices.

And that there my friends is the problem!!!

$299 is crazy cheap compared to eBay prices.

And that there my friends is the problem!!!

yeah but after they sell thousands and a large portion are those are for flipping- the price will plumet ......but yeah 299 is low and very tempting

Damn man, people are praising and defending the price of a $300 dollar Iron Man figure (repaint)? I thought I'd never see the day. We will be at the $400 dollar mark soon enough, what will happen then?

Damn man, people are praising and defending the price of a $300 dollar Iron Man figure (repaint)? I thought I'd never see the day. We will be at the $400 dollar mark soon enough, what will happen then?

..not defending it- it is outrageous but people gobble up IM like it was potato chips.....300 is "cheap" compared to secondary market prices people HAVE been paying...but soon the bubble will burst on that..

The next year after that, it'll be priced at $499. And people would atill buy em. Up till the bubble burst and folks on ebay arent buying at all.

I have a friend who collects statues and gets them from SSC. He actually turned me on to SSC and there I discovered HT. He has no interest in this. I asked and he said he'd order one for someone as long as they cover all the costs. No additional mark up. If there is someone out there who can't get this.
I can do the same for any Aussies so long as you're willing to pay up-front (and not gift, but in this case, obviously you'd be covering the fees, as much as it makes me cringe to say that particular phrase). Once it arrives here, I'll get a quote and forward on to you but beware, Canada Post is VERY expensive, so be prepared for maybe $75.00+ to ship (I would scan and forward to your e.mail the actual receipt for shipping, of course). Personally I think you're crazy to pay that much but if anyone loves Midas, it's still less than e.Bay for the time being. Have a feeling this figure's e.Bay prices are about to tank.

Back