Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

It's gonna be a HT's Iron Man Christmas for me. Just got my 9 day arrival in the warehouse notice for the Mechanic, and Midas should ship by the 4th:yess:

As for the comments about how quickly Midas has not sold out:slap First people ***** that the IMBD goes up for PO on a Friday at 3 PST and now people ***** that Midas is mega hyped, planned for a specific release, today, and STILL the gnashing of the teeth:cuckoo: :rotfl

Feel for you, I remember how pissed I was when I thought us in the UK weren't getting the BD Mrk VII. There's clearly enough of these to go round for collectors down under :(

i know right. maybe there will be a 2nd batch with the delivery restrictions lifted, but i wont hold my breath, the bd mk vii was given a second run for uk and other int'l customers, but we were left out again.
im over hot toys distribution shenanigans, i just emailed them with a complaint. not that theyll reply, but i want them to know how many pissed off people are out there.

I want to preface my post above that the *****ing comment is NOT directed at collectors in regions (Australia) that couldn't order the BD MKVII and the Midas, just the general masses.:peace

It's gonna be a HT's Iron Man Christmas for me. Just got my 9 day arrival in the warehouse notice for the Mechanic, and Midas should ship by the 4th:yess:

As for the comments about how quickly Midas has not sold out:slap First people ***** that the IMBD goes up for PO on a Friday at 3 PST and now people ***** that Midas is mega hyped, planned for a specific release, today, and STILL the gnashing of the teeth:cuckoo: :rotfl

Gonna be my Christmas HT as well! :hi5: :yess:

I have a friend who collects statues and gets them from SSC. He actually turned me on to SSC and there I discovered HT. He has no interest in this. I asked and he said he'd order one for someone as long as they cover all the costs. No additional mark up. If there is someone out there who can't get this.

riiiiight......... first aussies get screwed on the BD MK VII, now we get screwed on the MIDAS. Thanx Hot Toys. *******s. :mad:

From the way the preorder is going, you might not have any problem picking one up down the road at retail from the disappointed flippers.

Midas on the 4th, Mechanic on the 11th, Mandarin, PPS Mk 42 and maybe Snapper in December makes this an Iron Christmas :D

Nope, Flex Pay isn't an option and Coupons don't work because it isn't 'in stock'. The Sideshow Toys "perfect storm"!

I can't swing it, especially at holiday time like this, too much spendings. Mght get it if they offered flex pay down the line if these aren't selling well, which I kinda doubt.

Good luck for those who are getting it :rock

From the way the preorder is going, you might not have any problem picking one up down the road at retail from the disappointed flippers.

EXACTLY- BD MK VII... are MUCH rarer figure is dropping in price- I was trying to sell mine for $500 plus but no takers-(I was selling it trying to get $$$ for new figures) a couple months ago this was an easy $700-800 figure. Speculation on MIDAS is a waste of time- so watch the flood of them hitting in the next two weeks or so...plenty will be around for little above retail.

EXACTLY- BD MK VII... are MUCH rarer figure is dropping in price- I was trying to sell mine for $500 plus but no takers-(I was selling it trying to get $$$ for new figures) a couple months ago this was an easy $700-800 figure. Speculation on MIDAS is a waste of time- so watch the flood of them hitting in the next two weeks or so...plenty will be around for little above retail.

It was bout $700-800 here as well for midas. But after the toy fair batch, now its going for bout 400ish.

Yep they sure planned this one out.

tumblr_m9lm9e5Sqe1qegw8v.gif

It was bout $700-800 here as well for midas. But after the toy fair batch, now its going for bout 400ish.

...and will be less than that after everybody gets theirs and starts flipping them..or trying to.
$300 is too much for me to get it because I don't even LIKE the figure! If it were Batman..well yeah I'm a sucker!

Guess I didn't have to sit at my computer this morning waiting for this one to go up. Either way I'm happy I got one. I used 118.00 in reward points.

We will never know, they might have 500 and only have sold 300 so far. :dunno

probably "open ended limited" edition- OR "all we can sell by putting LIMITED on it!":slap

Does anybody have any idea how distribution works?
Its really baffling me that some items from the same brand and same license can be shipped to certain areas and others cannot.
Is it a possibility companies like sideshow must pay companies like hot toys a certain amount to be able to distribute certain items to certain places, maybe hot toys wants too much money to let sideshow ship to us over here? maybe cutbacks at sideshow?
im really scraping the bottom of the barrel here for an understanding of how this all works. :dunno
And its not directed at the midas or bd mk vii, but just in general, for my own curiosity now, it would be nice if sideshow came out and helped us understand. :huh

Back