Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

I completely forgot he comes with the light up base. That means running ANOTHER wire through a Detolf somewhere :gah: :thud: :lol

Amazing pictures Gizmo ! Those are some sweet poses !
Great pics, Gizmo

I am certainly not denying that it is a beautiful figure. If they released every armour in the Midas format with gold colours, i reckon they would sell like hot cakes.
But i already have all the armours from the HOA plus armour test Tony, a spare MKIII for the gantry and Iron Monger.
If i can get this one for $250, i will get it.
If not, i am totally content to enjoy it from the images of others.

null_zps0af595d4.jpg

And I do hope you find one !
I have to say, everytime I see pictures of your collection, I'm filled with amazement (and let's be honest, quite a bit of jealousy haha). I also love the setup !

And I do hope you find one !
I have to say, everytime I see pictures of your collection, I'm filled with amazement (and let's be honest, quite a bit of jealousy haha). I also love the setup !

Thanks a lot.
No need to be jealous.
Just enjoy the pics. There are load of figures i would like but don't have. I enjoy them through the pics of the guys and gals on here that do have them.
If you get tired of your Midas, i'll swap you a standard MKVII MISB for it. I'll even throw in the armoured Tony head, lol.

I completely forgot he comes with the light up base. That means running ANOTHER wire through a Detolf somewhere :gah: :thud: :lol

Don't you recall that the base is empty?
No lights. No place for batteries or a cable...

Thanks a lot.
No need to be jealous.
Just enjoy the pics. There are load of figures i would like but don't have. I enjoy them through the pics of the guys and gals on here that do have them.
If you get tired of your Midas, i'll swap you a standard MKVII MISB for it. I'll even throw in the armoured Tony head, lol.

And that's what's great with this forum, you can truly appreciate the details and the beauty of a collectible without owning it, I agree !
Cheers for the offer, but I think I'll be holding onto this one for awhile, but if not, I'll keep you up to date ! :hi5:

And that's what's great with this forum, you can truly appreciate the details and the beauty of a collectible without owning it, I agree !
Cheers for the offer, but I think I'll be holding onto this one for awhile, but if not, I'll keep you up to date ! :hi5:

Lol. I thought so.
:rotfl

Lol. I thought so.
:rotfl

It's especially because this is my first iron man figure (and it was meant to be my last one, not so sure about that now ... Haha), and so it's got a sentimental side to it too .. (If you see what I mean, not wanting to get too melodramatic in here :lol)

That would be like $435 US.

Hopefully getting mine this week.

I hope it will !

Thanks a lot.
No need to be jealous.

Don't you recall that the base is empty?
No lights. No place for batteries or a cable...

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?! :lol

Really? I don't remember. It's an empty, hollow shell or something? :huh

Thanks Bar. It's interesting HT opted to skimp on the LED wiring to light this up.

Looks like I'll end up modding this base like I did one of my other ones since there's no reason to have it sitting so high.

On a side note the video reviewer is right, the black scuff marks on the thighs look like an 8 year old got a hold of it :lol

Thanks Bar. It's interesting HT opted to skimp on the LED wiring to light this up.

Looks like I'll end up modding this base like I did one of my other ones since there's no reason to have it sitting so high.

On a side note the video reviewer is right, the black scuff marks on the thighs look like an 8 year old got a hold of it :lol

I don't know. It takes away from the thing looking too much like a toy. I know it *is* a toy. But some nice scrapes make it look like Tony took the armour out for a flight before it was locked away in the wine cellar.

I'd buy it if it were $250. Anything else seems like overpaying for what is just a simple repaint.
It's great, don't get me wrong.
But $250 would be my upper limit on this one.

That's kinda how I feel about the evil Superman figure. It had so much potential too.... :(

A few more..

wkmf.jpg

w7sk.jpg

k6dd.jpg

4j0a.jpg

a8wv.jpg

9vgg.jpg

Some very poses you got there! :hi5:

That's kinda how I feel about the evil Superman figure. It had so much potential too.... :(

I had a MISB MKVI in the cupboard that i used to trade for two Evil superman.
So i am happy enough about that.
I haven't opened any yet, as one is a christmas present for my Brother, but as soon as he has his, i will open mine.
:clap

I had a MISB MKVI in the cupboard that i used to trade for two Evil superman.
So i am happy enough about that.
I haven't opened any yet, as one is a christmas present for my Brother, but as soon as he has his, i will open mine.
:clap

Can't wait to see your pics and poses you'll do with him. Perhaps you'll change my opinion of it. It doesn't seem to be selling out so I'm not in any rush to get one at the moment. Unless, that is, SS gets involved in the upcoming Black Friday maddness and offers it at a price I can't refuse.

Can't wait to see your pics and poses you'll do with him. Perhaps you'll change my opinion of it. It doesn't seem to be selling out so I'm not in any rush to get one at the moment. Unless, that is, SS gets involved in the upcoming Black Friday maddness and offers it at a price I can't refuse.

I suppose that might happen.
But do they ever drop the price of exclusives? They haven't with Angelica or rescue Cap.

Great pics, Gizmo

Some very poses you got there! :hi5:

Thanks guys!! :1-1:

Are those custom display cases gizmo?

Yes sir, you are correct. In fact it's only one big glass cabinet.
7 ft height
3.35 ft wide
1.67 ft depth

Here is a pic of my iron man collection, so you can see more of the cabinet.

IMline_zps7172a187.jpeg

Back