Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

going for $900 on Ebay which means somebody is actually paying it:slap

Because suckers have bought into the marketing.

Remember folks, Ultra-limited! Exclusive! Convention only edition! Only 800 of these, until we decide to make another 800!

You're more special if it's rare! Improves your self-esteem! Improves your skin! Women find you more desirable! :lol

Last edited:

I don't think its HT that should be blamed for marketing a product. They're a business. We as fans are creating the hype. We're the one with the desire to want this for whatever reason. And scalpers can be blamed for the excessive secardary prices for the most part. But again, we the fan are the ones paying those excessive prices. HT is brainwashing us into wanting this or any other figure. We're doing to ourselves.

Stop blaming HT.

Stop blaming HT.

Who's blaming HT? They're engaging in some pretty transparent marketing, but there's nothing wrong with that. Been that way for years. Slap a "Limited Edition" on these tchotchkes, and someone will always fall for it.

I certainly don't blame HT.

Super-rare? Up to 1800 so far, with more to come.

In our next month Toy-Fair, some official said, there will be this year exclusive, and Midas also.
Even though I have big zero interest in this figure, it could be funny to see scalper reaction around here that sell this figure at $800-$900 price range.

I didn't even know about Hot Toys until this year, so I missed the whole PO with the Mark VII and had to read up on the forums to learn the culture and figure out that if you want one of these figures at retail, you pretty much have to PO. I snagged a Mark II AU from a member at the most amazing price, and I would really like to complement the silver armor with a nice gold Midas.:1-1:

Who's blaming HT? They're engaging in some pretty transparent marketing, but there's nothing wrong with that. Been that way for years. Slap a "Limited Edition" on these tchotchkes, and someone will always fall for it.

I certainly don't blame HT.

Super-rare? Up to 1800 so far, with more to come.

This happens every time with these Hot Toys exclusives. It's become pretty predictable.

I just know this is going to go go up for PO while I'm on holiday :gah:

Do you have a smartphone with data? I don't myself, but that's one way you could keep an eye out for the pre-order.

I don't think its HT that should be blamed for marketing a product. They're a business. We as fans are creating the hype. We're the one with the desire to want this for whatever reason. And scalpers can be blamed for the excessive secardary prices for the most part. But again, we the fan are the ones paying those excessive prices. HT is brainwashing us into wanting this or any other figure. We're doing to ourselves.

Stop blaming HT.

what?? scalpers provide a product, they dont set the price. we do. you said it yourself right before you blamed scalpers.:wave

scalpers simply take advantage of the marketplace. thats what HTs is doing too, right? everyone gets all caught up in hating ebay but those people who wouldnt have one otherwise would argue that they like ebay. ebay has saved my *** before, and i paid for it too. but id rather pay than not have it. scalpers are your friends.

what?? scalpers provide a product, they dont set the price. we do. you said it yourself right before you blamed scalpers.:wave

scalpers simply take advantage of the marketplace. thats what HTs is doing too, right? everyone gets all caught up in hating ebay but those people who wouldnt have one otherwise would argue that they like ebay. ebay has saved my *** before, and i paid for it too. but id rather pay than not have it. scalpers are your friends.
The biggest difference between a seller and a scalper is that a scalper will buy more of a limited edition product that they speculate will rise in value. This prevents another from getting that same product. A scalper would have bought say 20 bd mark 7s and prevented 19 people from preordering it thus these same 19 people would pay whatever exorbitant market price over retail to the scalper. The biggest difference is that a scalper will increase the scarcity of an item because they are hoarding it purely to sell for their own profit. But you're right, people do encourage this behavior by paying these market prices. That's why you see people spending $1200 on a Midas. If you can make a $900 profit selling 1 figure it makes it very tempting to sell dozens of them.

The biggest difference between a seller and a scalper is that a scalper will buy more of a limited edition product that they speculate will rise in value. This prevents another from getting that same product. A scalper would have bought say 20 bd mark 7s and prevented 19 people from preordering it thus these same 19 people would pay whatever exorbitant market price over retail to the scalper. The biggest difference is that a scalper will increase the scarcity of an item because they are hoarding it purely to sell for their own profit. But you're right, people do encourage this behavior by paying these market prices. That's why you see people spending $1200 on a Midas. If you can make a $900 profit selling 1 figure it makes it very tempting to sell dozens of them.

Yea that's exactly what im taking about. But black label seems to think spending tons on a very limited item is cool or makes you feel like your in a special club which is really ****in stupid. Unless we aren't understanding each other black label you tell me...

I didn't even know about Hot Toys until this year, so I missed the whole PO with the Mark VII and had to read up on the forums to learn the culture and figure out that if you want one of these figures at retail, you pretty much have to PO. I snagged a Mark II AU from a member at the most amazing price, and I would really like to complement the silver armor with a nice gold Midas.:1-1:

That's a late start into the game but as they say, 'better late than never'.
You'll be able to PO all the IM 3 armors at least :)

That's a late start into the game but as they say, 'better late than never'.
You'll be able to PO all the IM 3 armors at least :)

I started this year too, mark 3,4 and 6 are not even worth trying to get but everything else is attainable for the most part. But preordering is a must which im sure newbes wont realize for their first few figures. Gotta learn the hard way unfortunately.

Same for me. I really would like a Mark IV or V, but I think I'll go for IIAu first after seeing it at my buddies house last night. Really awesome looking display piece even if it's a bit stiff.

My LCS has one Mark IV for $350 ($380ish) after tax, which is tempting but just can't do it.

I started this year too, mark 3,4 and 6 are not even worth trying to get but everything else is attainable for the most part. But preordering is a must which im sure newbes wont realize for their first few figures. Gotta learn the hard way unfortunately.

Sometimes you get the chance on ebay to get a figure at a good Price. I also started collection Hot Toys this Year and i know PreOrder is important ....

last week on ebay.de a Iron Man Mark 3 were sold for around 180 Euro. And today a Mark I (2.0) for 141 Euro

Same for me. I really would like a Mark IV or V, but I think I'll go for IIAu first after seeing it at my buddies house last night. Really awesome looking display piece even if it's a bit stiff.

My LCS has one Mark IV for $350 ($380ish) after tax, which is tempting but just can't do it.

Mark 2 unleashed is really awesome in person, I can confirm that. Honestly mark 4 for that price sounds pretty good, id prob scoop that up. Im dying for mark4 and 6 to get updates (mark 3 for completion sake too) Sucks cause ill have empty space for those 3 armors for a while but what can you do..

I almost did scoop up the mark IV, but opted for their deadpool PF at the same price instead.

Back