Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Any word yet if SS is going to get this at all?

at this point I after seeing all these prices I'm tempted to let go of the MIDAS that I'll pick up at STGCC for the profit :/

This guy bid 800 bucks, so now everytime you look at it on your shelf you can be like, yup theres 800 bucks sitting there or 2 - 4 more HT figures, i think i'd fold and sell it...

I really hope this goes up on SSC soon. I like the variations in color, but this is not even an option at 800 bucks and up.

Do we think it's gonna go for $380 on ssc or less because there won't be the big swag bag with it.

A $380 PO on SSC would be depressing.

NW13777659740Uj.jpg

Given the BD Mrk VII went up for $294.99 there's not a cat in hells chance that when Midas goes up it'll be less than that :lecture

The BD mark vii has the chitauri base, bd paint job, and in helmet hs. I think $295 would be too high for Midas. I'm thinking $250 because of no hs, no intricate base and the paint job is much more simplistic. Although they could charge $295 and most people would still bite.

The BD mark vii has the chitauri base, bd paint job, and in helmet hs. I think $295 would be too high for Midas. I'm thinking $250 because of no hs, no intricate base and the paint job is much more simplistic. Although they could charge $295 and most people would still bite.

Exactly :goodpost:

Yeah I don't see any of that stopping HT/Sideshow shipping Midas out at the same price

It's not going to happen, but clearly, HT could put this thing out at $700 and make a 3000 worldwide Ltd Ed, and there would still be people crazy enough to buy one.

It's not going to happen, but clearly, HT could put this thing out at $700 and make a 3000 worldwide Ltd Ed, and there would still be people crazy enough to buy one.

At current:

HK:800 units (or 750)
JP:800 units (or 750)
SG: 800 units (or 750)
That puts the figure at 2,400 units in Asia alone. Not so limited after all.
I predict EU and the U.S will get at least 800 to 1,000 units each.
Therefore, the total edition size of the Midas should be no less than 4,000 units worldwide. That's pretty non limited if you ask me. Look at Sideshow PF statues with an edition size of 800 (back in the day) and SS also sells them worldwide.

That is a lot. Once you pass 2000 something isn't very limited to me, and even that's only for something that is extremely popular.

Then again, we don't know the edition sizes of something like Mark VII regular + exclusive, so those could be 50k for all we know which would make a 4000 piece repaint pretty limited.

At current:

HK:800 units (or 750)
JP:800 units (or 750)
SG: 800 units (or 750)
That puts the figure at 2,400 units in Asia alone. Not so limited after all.
I predict EU and the U.S will get at least 800 to 1,000 units each.
Therefore, the total edition size of the Midas should be no less than 4,000 units worldwide. That's pretty non limited if you ask me. Look at Sideshow PF statues with an edition size of 800 (back in the day) and SS also sells them worldwide.

Yes that is a lot worldwide but everyone won't have access to the total worldwide ES at retail price. These are region specific launches. Take Sideshow, for example, if they get 800 units then the US and Canada will only have access to 800 units at retail price. That's pretty limited if you look at it in those terms.

Back