Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Hmm....what makes more sense, a collector buying a $250 figure that had little to no screen time, or a collector posting in a thread of a figure he has no interest in buying?:nana:

Wow, featured in three whole seconds huh?

Definatly worth the $250 in that case.

Well the Mandarin was in it for more than 3 seconds and a lot of people aren't buying it either so not sure how this statement makes sense.

I think Midas looks bad arse and I'll try to get one but I'm not going to pay secondary market prices if I miss out. There are other armors still not announced yet.

Hmm....what makes more sense, a collector buying a $250 figure that had little to no screen time, or a collector posting in a thread of a figure he has no interest in buying?:nana:

:exactly: :goodpost:

:exactly: makes no sense, just like the chewbacca deffense.

Definatly the latter.

Tons of people here post in threads for figures they have no intention of buying.

Paying premium for a figure based on an armor that was just another suit recolored to take up space in the back of a shot is just a waste of money. I can sort of get buying the Heartbreaker or Silver Centurion, but this is just a filler. The filmmakers were too lazy to even design a unique suit. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

Hot Toys prices by screen time now?

Good one, Sherlock. :slap

This makes no sense.

Last edited:

Definatly the latter.

Tons of people here post in threads for figures they have no intention of buying.

I agree that people do that all the time. But that doesn't mean it makes more sense. I never post in threads of figures that I have no interest in. Whats the purpose?

I agree that people do that all the time. But that doesn't mean it makes more sense. I never post in threads of figures that I have no interest in. Whats the purpose?

Well in this case, talking about Hot Toys ridiculous and lazy new business strategy.

Obviously there is some purpose to it, or else almost everyone else wouldn't be doing it.

Well in this case, talking about Hot Toys ridiculous and lazy new business strategy.

Obviously there is some purpose to it, or else almost everyone else wouldn't be doing it.

But not everyone purchases HT for the same reasons. If a collector is ok with the fact that a figure being made had little to not screen time, and wants to spend $200, $400, $5000, what amount on it, whats wrong with that? Does everyone have to think the same way? Does everyone have to purchase based on the same criteria?

Just because you think this and probably many othe HT figures are "lazy" on their part, I don't. They could release 10 different color Mark VII and I'd buy them all. They are all high quality. They are all produced by HT.

Wow, featured in three whole seconds huh? Definatly worth the $250 in that case.

Definatly the latter. Tons of people here post in threads for figures they have no intention of buying.

Paying premium for a figure based on an armor that was just another suit recolored to take up space in the back of a shot is just a waste of money. I can sort of get buying the Heartbreaker or Silver Centurion, but this is just a filler. The filmmakers were too lazy to even design a unique suit. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

This makes no sense.

I guess everyone is a troll but you then.

Pretty much everyone here posts in threads for stuff they won't buy.
Difference between them and you is that you've added nothing positive to the figure discussion, just whine about the price/the fact HT is making it/HT business strategy.

Man, that anti-Asgardian armor is brutal looking, kind of surprised that hasn't been announced.

Honestly, I could see them miling this movie for yeaaarrrs to come. Also like that armor that looks (greenish?) with the gold trims.

What sucks is that I am a Completionist by heart, if HT releases all 42 total armors I might save some money just to buy them all and replicate the showdown at the docks sequence. Some armors are just a blur while they fly by, but still you know they are there.

Man, that anti-Asgardian armor is brutal looking, kind of surprised that hasn't been announced.

Honestly, I could see them miling this movie for yeaaarrrs to come. Also like that armor that looks (greenish?) with the gold trims.

Which one is the Asgardian armor? lol

Back