Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

sounds to me like someone going out of their way to brag about multiple purchases to flip is trolling for a negative reaction from the members who take this subject seriously and passionately. in the end, it shouldn't bother any of us.

sam elliott said it best in the big lebowski.....

https://youtu.be/aPVLyB0Yc6I

:goodpost: I think its time to let this go already.

Regardless of what should and shouldn't be it the way it is, trust me I get the same flak when it comes to recasts, 2 sides to every coin (actually 3) but you get the point

i am merely pointing out the TRUTH that multiple purchases are done and that seems to be accepted. so if i say they are for customizing and i buy up 10 midas figures, that's OK? as long as i don't say my intention is to flip? yet 9 other collectors DIDN'T get an order in because i got 10. but how do you know what my intentions are or if i even bought 10?

point is lips, we only know what people tell us and anyone of those tidbits can be inaccurate or misleading. if someone is buying 10 for customizing, how do we know that's where they'll end up? we don't.

I don't believe in customizing extremely limited items. That would be like putting full rear wheel tubs and a supercharger sticking out of the hood of a Ferrari 250 GTO. It's a nice car the way it is. Leave it alone.

If you want to make a custom of a Ferrari 250 GTO, get a kit car.
Customize common items, not limited ones. If you are just going to customize it and change it into something else, why bother getting a rare piece?

I really think it would be wrong for someone to get multiples of the Midas just to customize when other collectors won't be able to get even one because of that. Also, customs reduce the number of original pieces, so there are fewer in the world for people to see. Nice things should really be spread far and wide, so they can be the most appreciated.

I don't believe in customizing extremely limited items. That would be like putting full rear wheel tubs and a supercharger sticking out of the hood of a Ferrari 250 GTO. It's a nice car the way it is. Leave it alone.

If you want to make a custom of a Ferrari 250 GTO, get a kit car.
Customize common items, not limited ones. If you are just going to customize it and change it into something else, why bother getting a rare piece?

what is considered rare? these hot toys figures are told to be 'limited' but you never know if it will sellout tomorrow or still be available in a year. :dunno

I guess this is what all the packaging for IM3 figures will look like. Probably color cordinated to the character / mark. Maybe Iron Patriot will be blue, Mark 42 a different gold, Mandarin green, etc....
1098287_534645406608447_1254617931_n.jpg

I don't think it will run the same way. I feel like they're treating Midas as if it's some holy Iron Man figure since it's gold. They're showcasing this figure like crazy right now at the event and only this one at that.

Seems like the only way to get it is to queue for it at the STGCC this coming end of the month.

stay tuned folks. i smell a staggered email saying 'buy now' in the middle of the night or monday morning rush hour time when every one is cursing the driver next to him instead of sitting at his computer comfortably spending his $300.

stay tuned folks. i smell a staggered email saying 'buy now' in the middle of the night or monday morning rush hour time when every one is cursing the driver next to him instead of sitting at his computer comfortably spending his $300.

Luckily I'm on holiday this whole week! Bring on the 8am release time!

Guys,

I haven't received newsletter from SS anymore and that caused me to miss PO on Mk 7 BD.

Do you know how I can be sure I don't miss the Midas Mk XXI PO on SS?

Thanks a bunch :)

Guys,

I haven't received newsletter from SS anymore and that caused me to miss PO on Mk 7 BD.

Keep refreshing till it appears :impatient:

The prices on ebay are crazy now, do they really expect ppl to pay that much?

Guys,

Subscribe to this thread.

There are enough manic members here ( me included ) that should post the second it goes up.:wave

Don't depend on SS email to alert you. I never received the one for BD MVII.

Interesting to see the Mark VII repaints coming so soon. Maybe the next one will be the Mark 20 Python. That's essentially a repainted Mark VII with Heartbreakers legs.

Back