Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

1000233_569440333117961_1815817280_n.jpg

I am somewhat fascinated by how much Asians seem to be enamored with an American character like Iron Man. I am not aware of a reverse phenomenon being as strong for Asian characters on the part of Americans, particularly by American toy companies.
To me, its sort of like Russians buying Captain America figures.

I am somewhat fascinated by how much Asians seem to be enamored with an American character like Iron Man. I am not aware of a reverse phenomenon being as strong for Asian characters on the part of Americans, particularly by American toy companies.

I think they have a fascination with the armor and robot and ****, though marvel seems to be getting big there though, I like cause they make way better toys than American companies

:goodpost: and its really as simple as that. The nerve of some people that come on here blatently scalping and rubbing it in peoples faces. That type of crap can just go as far as Im concerned. There needs to be a scalpers forum when *** clowns can talk all day long to eachother about how they are ****ing over others. I doesnt belong here:cuss

Not that im a fan of scalping but who is exactly "rubbing it in peoples faces"? What I have seen is guys who says he has two or more and then immediately someone accuses him of scalping and begins to call them every name in the book. In fact nearly the last 3 pages of this thread was how evil and bad scalpers are. I mean come on guys can we let this go already??? Scalping is in every type of collecting, in some way, shape or form. I'm not exactly for it but it is what it is, its not gonna change and spending pages about it @itching all day long isn't gonna change anything. Lets get back to talking about the figure guys.

Not that im a fan of scalping but who is exactly "rubbing it in peoples faces"? What I have seen is guys who says he has two or more and then immediately someone accuses him of scalping and begins to call them every name in the book. In fact nearly the last 3 pages of this thread was how evil and bad scalpers are. I mean come on guys can we let this go already??? Scalping is in every type of collecting, in some way, shape or form. I'm not exactly for it but it is what it is, its not gonna change and spending pages about it @itching all day long isn't gonna change anything. Lets get back to talking about the figure guys.

franpincho was blantantly saying he was gunna buy as many of these as he could specifically to sell

And were still talking about the figure but it isnt out yet or even up for order, theres only so much we can talk about in the mean time, and since people been talking about scalping this figure were talking about it :rotfl

franpincho was blantantly saying he was gunna buy as many of these as he could specifically to sell

And were still talking about the figure but it isnt out yet or even up for order, theres only so much we can talk about in the mean time, and since people been talking about scalping this figure were talking about it :rotfl

If I remember right franpincho was taking about multiple figures in the silver centurion forum, not even this one and he only said that after multiple people called him a number of names for having more than one. And If I remember correctly he said he was only selling it so he could help pay for other figures.

Either way who cares people, whether he is or not it really dosnet affect most of us freeks here on the forums because we usually buy the one's we want the day it comes out. Anyway this is just my .02, I'm not trying to offend anyone just want to stop taking about scalpers in every thread.

If I remember right franpincho was taking about multiple figures in the silver centurion forum, not even this one and he only said that after multiple people called him a number of names for having more than one. And If I remember correctly he said he was only selling it so he could help pay for other figures.

Either way who cares people, whether he is or not it really dosnet affect most of us freeks here on the forums because we usually buy the one's we want the day it comes out. Anyway this is just my .02, I'm not trying to offend anyone just want to stop taking about scalpers in every thread.

it doesnt really matter which thread its in, it was about this figure and SC...

And it does affect people, people who honestly want it get beat out by scum scalper (not necessarily Fran) who buy it up and then the collectors lose out and are forced to pay their ransom

It is your fault, because you are the one buying up the supply of something just to force others to pay you more so they can get it. If it weren't for people like you, prices would be much lower, and more people could afford it. It's ABSOLUTELY your fault, and the fault of everyone else who buys just to scalp them.

Must be really boring around here for people to still quote me on nonsense like this.
But since we are here, please tell me, how exactly am I FORCING anyone to buy ANYTHING from me?
How is putting a piece on eBay, always staring at 0.99 cents w/o reserve or any of that mambo Jambo and FREE shipping SCALPING? (That's what I do) If anything, it proves a point that people are willing (note, "WILLING", as I'm in no position to force anyone) to pay what THEY think article "X" is worth.
You do seriously need to get your head out of your rear end.
My fault, he says... If people deem a repaint worth something more than it was ever offered for originally, who am into argue with them? No one, absolutely no one, needs a TOY this bad IMO.

Must be really boring around here for people to still quote me on nonsense like this.
But since we are here, please tell me, how exactly am I FORCING anyone to buy ANYTHING from me?
How is putting a piece on eBay, always staring at 0.99 cents w/o reserve or any of that mambo Jambo and FREE shipping SCALPING? (That's what I do) If anything, it proves a point that people are willing (note, "WILLING", as I'm in no position to force anyone) to pay what THEY think article "X" is worth.
You do seriously need to get your head out of your rear end.
My fault, he says... If people deem a repaint worth something more than it was ever offered for originally, who am into argue with them? No one, absolutely no one, needs a TOY this bad IMO.

Dont take this as and attack or anything but I actually think he was meaning you dont want the figure fore any reason other than to sell it, so he's saying that you dont want or need it then you shouldn't buy it so that those who do can have a fair shot at it, youre just one of many who are gunna do this and bragging about it kinda made you a hot target

Hmm I don't think this will be available for PO on sideshow (if at all, any) till the end of their events...Which is some time around October

Hmm I don't think this will be available for PO on sideshow (if at all, any) till the end of their events...Which is some time around October

I dont think it will take that long, it will probably ship in Oct, but it is a summer exclusive, and Oct is fall up here in Canada :rotfl

??? Have you not heard of dragonball Z? Or metal gear solid? Or final fantasy VII??? The list could go on and on. If you have ever going to a con you will not only see the figures for sale but actually see people dress up as them.

Haha I hope so man, but seeing that their event does end in October, it wouldn't make sense that they called it summer exclusive still too.

I wonder how many they actually made too, looks like possibly 4000-5000 as of now..

:goodpost::exactly:

i see no one accusing certain collectors of scalping when they buy 10 mark VII's for what they say are for customizing.

fact is, some collectors have the money and buy up all they can. this is part of the hobby...always has been, always will.

when i missed the MVII BD preorder on a friday night i got barraged by several here that said i had the same chance as anyone else. i was sent an email from sideshow but i was unavailable so tough luck. i snoozed and lost.

yet others were ordering from another country and using a US address to beat the delivery restrictions. if that is acceptable among collectors here and on other forums, then my opinion is anything goes. whoever gets there first to place the order or orders gets the figure(s). what goes for one should go for all.

??? Have you not heard of dragonball Z? Or metal gear solid? Or final fantasy VII??? The list could go on and on. If you have ever going to a con you will not only see the figures for sale but actually see people dress up as them.

K but thats a very small percentage of the population, we need to compare the ratios of population to nerds :lol

i'm wondering how some seem to know the intricate details of hot toys' licensing terms. do these people work for hot toys? i am positive there is no set standard agreement and that every license carries it's own individual terms that vary depending on the distributor.

yet some say that they know the exact terms of the agreement hot toys and sideshow have and even share this with others, even though they are not located in china or the united states.

my question is, how could these people possibly know the licensing agreement unless they work for hot toys or sideshow and have personally negotiated or finalized these terms? i have been involved on the contract end of business agreements and vendor contracts and one thing i can tell you. no two agreements are alike. :dunno

:goodpost::exactly:

i see no one accusing certain collectors of scalping when they buy 10 mark VII's for what they say are for customizing.

fact is, some collectors have the money and buy up all they can. this is part of the hobby...always has been, always will.

when i missed the MVII BD preorder on a friday night i got barraged by several here that said i had the same chance as anyone else. i was sent an email from sideshow but i was unavailable so tough luck. i snoozed and lost.

yet others were ordering from another country and using a US address to beat the delivery restrictions. if that is acceptable among collectors here and on other forums, then my opinion is anything goes. whoever gets there first to place the order or orders gets the figure(s). what goes for one should go for all.

If someone buys multiples for themselves that is fine, theyre collectors (I have 3 mk 7's and 3 dx 12's) and theyre all on display, but If I bought them then spun around and sold them all for huge profits, thats scalping...

And dont start that again, He got that piece as a collector, not a dealer or seller, he bought it for himself. If actual genuine collectors buy these thats the best case scenario and I will bow and tip my hat to them if they beat me or others but those that are purely opportunistic and just want to cash in are scum

i'm wondering how some seem to know the intricate details of hot toys' licensing terms. do these people work for hot toys? i am positive there is no set standard agreement and that every license carries it's own individual terms that vary depending on the distributor.

yet some say that they know the exact terms of the agreement hot toys and sideshow have and even share this with others, even though they are not located in china or the united states.

my question is, how could these people possibly know the licensing agreement unless they work for hot toys or sideshow and have personally negotiated or finalized these terms? i have been involved on the contract end of business agreements and vendor contracts and one thing i can tell you. no two agreements are alike. :dunno

I know a bit of the agreements from being in the industry and dealing with Sideshow and with that I got some info on HT agreements because theyre pretty close with each other and they both need to be in contact to honor those terms

I'll add that howard chans Q and A's also reveal this info sometimes too

If someone buys multiples for themselves that is fine, theyre collectors (I have 3 mk 7's and 3 dx 12's) and theyre all on display, but If I bought them then spun around and sold them all for huge profits, thats scalping...

And dont start that again, He got that piece as a collector, not a dealer or seller, he bought it for himself. If actual genuine collectors buy these thats the best case scenario and I will bow and tip my hat to them if they beat me or others but those that are purely opportunistic and just want to cash in are scum

i am merely pointing out the TRUTH that multiple purchases are done and that seems to be accepted. so if i say they are for customizing and i buy up 10 midas figures, that's OK? as long as i don't say my intention is to flip? yet 9 other collectors DIDN'T get an order in because i got 10. but how do you know what my intentions are or if i even bought 10?

point is lips, we only know what people tell us and anyone of those tidbits can be inaccurate or misleading. if someone is buying 10 for customizing, how do we know that's where they'll end up? we don't.

i am merely pointing out the TRUTH that multiple purchases are done and that seems to be accepted. so if i say they are for customizing and i buy up 10 midas figures, that's OK? as long as i don't say my intention is to flip? yet 9 other collectors DIDN'T get an order in because i got 10. but how do you know what my intentions are or if i even bought 10?

point is lips, we only know what people tell us and anyone of those tidbits can be inaccurate or misleading. if someone is buying 10 for customizing, how do we know that's where they'll end up? we don't.

Fair enough but to those people who brag about flipping them, they should fully expect people to get pissed and say something and not act all star stricken and confused when they get the hate...

Fair enough but to those people who brag about flipping them, they should fully expect people to get pissed and say something and not act all star stricken and confused when they get the hate...

sounds to me like someone going out of their way to brag about multiple purchases to flip is trolling for a negative reaction from the members who take this subject seriously and passionately. in the end, it shouldn't bother any of us.

sam elliott said it best in the big lebowski.....

[ame="https://youtu.be/aPVLyB0Yc6I"]https://youtu.be/aPVLyB0Yc6I[/ame]

Back