Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to take a picture of the War Machine Cabinet with all some of the figure’s lights on but the Arc Reactor in Midas is way to bright. I even swapped out the batteries.

Haha! That's brilliant!
Maybe run it for an hour and see if the batteries run down a little?

That's a good idea, all of my battery's have very little use so that might be why swapping them didn't matter, But running them down could help.

I remember last year pondering on this one & when it went to wait list I figured I'd put my name down, nothing to loose & the following day it got converted, result. :) Just a pity I pondered too long on Python this year, annoyed with myself but what can I do now..., nothing!!! lol ;) Midas looks great, really like the gold colour scheme & it's the style of suit that works best I think, I do like the variations but the proper Iron Man suit will always be my preferred choice. :)

Finally tracked this thing down for an okay price! (still way too much)

It's quickly becoming one of my favorite armors. Something about those gold tones and the lack of other colors is just awesome. Probably a reason I love the Mark II so much -- something instinctual inside of me just ooo's and ahhh's at shiny things :lol. This is also my first in-hand look at Hot Toys' Mark VII sculpt. Pretty damn good! Also, the box, even if it's just a simple shoe style, is fantastic. Love that texture over the midas silhouette. If this is on your radar and you can swing it, you won't be disappointed.

Congrats, Midas was my second Iron Man figure, the mark II unleashed was my first & what ultimately lead me to buy more..., I'm happy with Midas but if I could change 1 thing it would be the rubber mid arm sections (elbow area), not sure they'll last all that well over time, I haven't got Python yet but I noticed that figure has the same rubber sections too..., won't stop me buying it (just an irritation is all). :)

thank you! very informative!
Hopefully there is not a diecast version in case I decide to buy this one :)

I wonder if this is going to keep going up? When I looked at Ebay there weren't many for sale any more. And the lowest one currently up is about $493 shipped.

It won't climb much, way too many made. People can list them as high as they want but odds are they won't sell at list price and will get haggled down if they really want to move it. A few weeks ago people bought them for $395 and under on eBay.

Back