Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome dude, thank you. just saved me $70 bucks :lol

My left elbow piece on midas was glue in slightly off to the side, was worried about breaking that peg but it popped and I slid it over a bit!

were you gunna get that arm replaced?

No problem.:)

Yea, but I'm still waiting for SS to send me a return label.

1201575_o.gif

:lol:rotfl
MONOCHROME!!!

Thanks to my awesome wife for this wonderful christmas treat!

kajo+hot+toys+MIDAS+1.jpg

kajo+hot+toys+MIDAS+2.jpg

kajo+hot+toys+MIDAS+3.jpg

Great shot! Awesome gift! But I just cant keep my eyes off that Mark IV.

Last edited:
1. I personally love the colors, would have hated a single gold figure.

2. Aside from the mech test and the Mk II AU no other armor has feet repulsors.

3. Light up base would have been nice, but one less thing to worry about not working.

4. Aren't the airfoils on the original release mk7 the same way?

5. I like the little bit of wear, makes it look like it's seen a little action.

6. I for one think the open shoulder and thigh pods look crappy. I would have liked the spent thighs and the shoulders blanks to put in.

Just a few of my opinions to counter yours. I don't think you are wrong at all, just I see the figure differently.:lol

Hmmmm....

1. I think they could have turned the 'bling' up a notch or two.. and imho, a single gold would have looked awesome next to the Mk II.. but it does come down to personal preference.

2. Unless a figure is designed specifically to be in a flying pose, the argument can be made that it's not essential, since many collectors will not be displaying the figure in a flying pose.

3. Can't agree, at the price Midas retailed, there should have been lights in the base.. to have a base with the battery bay and panels but no electrics, was quite simply, slapping the customer in the face, for a repaint figure at that price break.. HT would have been better using a standard base, rather than effectively saying - Look! Look at what might have been! ..Mwahahahaha!.. Using the 'one less thing to go wrong' logic, HT should have removed the eye, chest and hand leds.. five less things to go wrong....

4. A bit like the foot repulsors, a nice extra, but probably not essential.. particularly if the standard Mk VII didn't have them.

5. I suspect, given the very limited nature of the 'battle damage', this was a shrewd business move by HT, to prevent any paint QC complaints gaining traction.. Cynical? moi?

6. I don't futz with my figures much, so this kinda falls into the same area as item 2 and 4, for me.

As you say, most of it is personal opinion and others' mileage may vary.. but I'm still mighty peeved about the nerfed stand, if they had put a plain stand in the box, it wouldn't have created an issue.. just sayin.. grrrr!

Oh really, mine popped right back into place. and helped greatly as mine were off center, even fixed my mk 7's

Nice, mine doesn't even stay on...I thought about gluing it back on but I'm afraid of getting glue on the rubber part. That reminds me that I need to check my mark vii for that loose joints.

Last edited:
Finally got this bad boy! Should be my Christmas gift from my wife. I didn't open it yet, but she's not very good at hiding things.

Can't wait to open it!:yess:

Hey guys what stores carry the ag1 batteries? My Midas came with dim lights in his head so I'm guessing mine came with crappy batteries that I need to replace?

I have been getting all my batteries off Ebay..Really cheap and they work Great..You get 10 for $3 to $5 bucks..Starting to get quite a collection of them.

Back