Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

I'm on my cell atm, can someone confirm/deny if Midas comes with equal/less than/more swap out interchangeable parts as the Mk 7 set? Ty

I hope that I am home when the pre order goes live. I have to take my daughter to the pediatrician at 2:45pm EST. Hopefully it doesn't sell out to fast.

I'm on my cell atm, can someone confirm/deny if Midas comes with equal/less than/more swap out interchangeable parts as the Mk 7 set? Ty
The same interchangeable parts aside from the BD parts. Shoulder rockets, arm rocket and repulsor palm/wrist.

Going on sale Cyber-Monday (Dec. 2) at Sideshow - Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark XXI - Midas going on sale Mon. Dec. 2nd

One of the Hot Toys summer Toy Fair exclusives was one of the many Iron Man suits seen in the final scenes of Iron Man 3. Part of the "House Party protocol," the Mark XXI flew to the rescue of Tony Stark and Col. Rhodes. At least that is what we're told. I've gone through the scene frame by frame and I can't find Midas anywhere. The suit is listed in the Art of Iron Man 3 as a "High Altitude" suit - and appears to be one of about 4 of the Iron Legion that are just repaints of the Mark VII.

As repaints go though, this one is pretty impressive. Some might have wished for Hot Toys to try out their diecast line with the Midas. But there are so many different shades of gold on him that it would have been a shame to do him all in a single gold color. Because of the striking look of the different shades of gold, I think HT has it over some of the other companies that are doing all metal versions of this suit.

midas10.jpg

He comes in the same type of box that we've seen from the Mark VII, although they couldn't use a picture from the film on the front (probably because they couldn't find one).

All the parts he comes with we've seen before in the Mark VII. Except the stand, which is reuse from the Stark set and many future Iron Men, I'm sure. It's a little disappointing that the stand doesn't light up. They even warn you not to try and open the battery compartment since it's not set up for lights.

midas2.jpg

midas4.jpg

I buy all the Iron Man figures that come out, but I rarely play with them much. In fiddling with this guy I was impressed with how far they've come from the first Iron Man. Making it so we can display the bent wrist shooting the repulsors is great and definitely a pose that will get used a lot.

midas5.jpg

midas9.jpg

midas3.jpg

And now the question on everyone's mind - is he just a repaint of the Mark VII?

midas11.jpg

midas12.jpg

Yes, he's a repaint. couldn't see a single newly engineered piece on him. But that is probably accurate to the film. And the multi-toned gold makes him more than JUST a repaint. He's very cool looking

midas15.jpg

I very rarely comment about price - it's pointless to argue - and this guy is sure to be extremely rare. Sideshow will sell him for $299.99. An item is worth what someone will pay for it and I have a feeling this little guy is going to be worth $299.99 to a lot of people.

More pics here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=773

Excellent review! :rock

Anyone know if Sideshow's Black Friday / Cyber Monday discount will work with orders for this figure?

I know no one is holding a gun to my head but the figure is nice, and I would like to have it. more my point is ill give them this last chunk of money and then im cutting my support, my line has been drawn
Only until the next exclusive figure! :lol

So much action in this thread. So much anticipation!
I'm going to have to take this thread off my notification list till tuesday so i am not tempted.
:pfft:

You'd probably be lurking around for all we know trying to get one. :tap

The same interchangeable parts aside from the BD parts. Shoulder rockets, arm rocket and repulsor palm/wrist.

Definitely less than the regular Mark VII.

No HS and not BD parts, at least

Thanks guys, been organizing all my parts and want to make sure I have enough dedicated room for this. :lol

I was planning to get this for a while but now I think I'm going to sit this one out, I've always just wanted Tony Stark and his suits (ones that were featured on screen) and I want to stick to that. I'll probably pre-order Heartbreaker or Red Snapper and start hoarding those reward points for Igor. Good luck to those going for him tomorrow!

Yes, does anyone know if Sideshow's Black Friday / Cyber Monday discount can used with orders for XXI?

Yes, does anyone know if Sideshow's Black Friday / Cyber Monday discount can used with orders for XXI?

I don't think it will. It's going up for PO for two days, then shipping on the 4th. The Gift code says it's only good on instock items. I actually think they had this planned so everyone wouldn't use the code on Midas on the 2nd.

P.S did anyone get a second e-mail code? I did, but it didn't work. It was strange.

I don't think it will. It's going up for PO for two days, then shipping on the 4th. The Gift code says it's only good on instock items. I actually think they had this planned so everyone wouldn't use the code on Midas on the 2nd.

P.S did anyone get a second e-mail code? I did, but it didn't work. It was strange.

Exactly. It won't work. Code is only for items already shipping and Midas won't ship until Wednesday. Besides, why would they allow it on something that will sell out the same day? That code was to help shift some unsold stock.

I do find it amusing that they keep hyping their Black Friday weekend sale on FB and Twitter when all the discounted items are the same price they have been for a long time (apart from the code of course which was nice of them).

I think I might get in on this tomorrow, just for the fun of it.

Maybe I can buy it, flip it to help me get a Batman 1/4 or the SS Star Wars Droids PF.
I can feel the love from you guys.

Mind you, this is a sweet looking Iron Man. I'd love to have a gold one.

can someone talk me out of not buying it? No? Guess I'm buying it.

If this thing is over $300 tomorrow, I'm gonna pause really hard for 10 seconds or so to consider it, then I'll probably buy it anyways because Hot Toys owns my soul.

I very rarely comment about price - it's pointless to argue - and this guy is sure to be extremely rare. Sideshow will sell him for $299.99. An item is worth what someone will pay for it and I have a feeling this little guy is going to be worth $299.99 to a lot of people.

More pics here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=773

If this thing is over $300 tomorrow, I'm gonna pause really hard for 10 seconds or so to consider it, then I'll probably buy it anyways because Hot Toys owns my soul.

Hopefully, the info Dave gave us is accurate and you will be fine

Exactly. It won't work. Code is only for items already shipping and Midas won't ship until Wednesday. Besides, why would they allow it on something that will sell out the same day? That code was to help shift some unsold stock.

I do find it amusing that they keep hyping their Black Friday weekend sale on FB and Twitter when all the discounted items are the same price they have been for a long time (apart from the code of course which was nice of them).

Well, I don't really see why it matters when something sells out or doesn't when allowing codes to be used. I just thought it was funny because this is a rare case where they actually have the stock before it goes up for sale, and it's going up for PO for two days. I've never been a fan of the policy of Gift Cards and other things only good on certain items. mean, how many of use are going to order a lot of that stuff just so we can get a percentage off?
:peace
I do agree that it's funny about the Black Friday sale being items that are the same price.

Back