Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Yeah, and either Drake or especially Plissken is 100x more iconic than Midas. Centurion is a classic design and no doubt has some emotional value, so seems a good one to end the line with. Doubt you'll think twice about Midas not being on your shelf a year from now.

My reaction exactly :yess: :lol

Time to change the forum banner to Iron Man!

This!:exactly: Superman be gone!

at least 3000

and at 299.99 with no stark HS and no light up base and less accessories than the 7, its extremely disappointing, HT and SS are officially butt ****ing us. this is one of my final pieces (and heartbreaker) then im out. and Hearing Dave justify the price is sad...

Yeah I feel ya:(

I agree the price for what you're getting (say if you were to compare to the brilliant DX13), is ridiculous. At the same time, though, what's driving the desire? Midas, as far as I know, is not an armour from the comics and there's nothing to differentiate it from the Mark VII aside from paint, so why can't IM fans just say no and move on if they don't like the price (and at the same time, HT is doing NA collectors a big favour by releasing to NA at all, even at $100.00 higher if the only other option is e.Bay)? There's just nothing essential about this armour, so no-one should feel like HT is screwing them into buying it. *shrugs*

Yeah good points.

I agree the price for what you're getting (say if you were to compare to the brilliant DX13), is ridiculous. At the same time, though, what's driving the desire? Midas, as far as I know, is not an armour from the comics and there's nothing to differentiate it from the Mark VII aside from paint, so why can't IM fans just say no and move on if they don't like the price (and at the same time, HT is doing NA collectors a big favour by releasing to NA at all, even at $100.00 higher if the only other option is e.Bay)? There's just nothing essential about this armour, so no-one should feel like HT is screwing them into buying it. *shrugs*

I know no one is holding a gun to my head but the figure is nice, and I would like to have it. more my point is ill give them this last chunk of money and then im cutting my support, my line has been drawn

I hear ya. I expect I've got another two years of sort-of rapid fire acquisitions and I'm out. Only licenses I'll be interested in, at that point, will be the odd Star Wars release and Blade Runner, assuming anyone other than a custom artist gets their hands on it.

I'm definitely getting this because even if I decide in a month I don't need it, I can offload and easily get my money back and probably make money. I want it, and while the price sucks, it's likely 2nd market value helps ease the cost, even if I keep it, which is likely.

This should retail like the mark vi movie promo. But yeah, by the time avengers 2 is out, a movie promo figure would prolly retail around 500 bucks. :(

This should retail like the mark vi movie promo. But yeah, by the time avengers 2 is out, a movie promo figure would prolly retail around 500 bucks. :(

How bad would it suck if in about 5-10 years the value of these figures plummeted to the point where they are only going for 100 bucks.

That happened with a lot of my baseball cards. Worth hundreds of dollars when I was a kid, now I'd be lucky to get 20 bucks for one of my mint cards.

How bad would it suck if in about 5-10 years the value of these figures plummeted to the point where they are only going for 100 bucks.

That happened with a lot of my baseball cards. Worth hundreds of dollars when I was a kid, now I'd be lucky to get 20 bucks for one of my mint cards.

Certainly can happen. That's why toys/comics/etc are terrible long term investments. Their future value is based on far too many arbitrary factors.

The bubble burst with almost every single market, Id say its just a matter of time, look at old SS pieces...

That is why I only buy these because i enjoy them not for some long term investment.

Wow 300 for a repaint! :thud: Well i guess i wont be getting this then, not paying 300$ for a repaint.
Seriously what about the midas makes it so special that it has to cost more than the mk7? With less goodies than the mk7 no less :dunno

Wow 300 for a repaint! :thud: Well i guess i wont be getting this then, not paying 300$ for a repaint.
Seriously what about the midas makes it so special that it has to cost more than the mk7? With less goodies than the mk7 no less :dunno

Been said over and over my friend,
GOLD attracts tons of collectors, especially in Hong Kong people go crazy over anything that's gold (iphone 5s Gold for example).
Lastly, the sticker that marks it exclusive makes it worth just that much to some collectors.:panic:

Been said over and over my friend,
GOLD attracts tons of collectors, especially in Hong Kong people go crazy over anything that's gold (iphone 5s Gold for example).
Lastly, the sticker that marks it exclusive makes it worth just that much to some collectors.:panic:

Well :explode:

So much action in this thread. So much anticipation!
I'm going to have to take this thread off my notification list till tuesday so i am not tempted.

I think it will definitely happen. It happened to baseball cards. It happened to comics in a big way. Every bubble bursts. Especially as more and more high quality figures are released.

If you are buying this and intend to keep it then buy it for the love of the hobby and figure.

Going on sale Cyber-Monday (Dec. 2) at Sideshow - Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Mark XXI - Midas going on sale Mon. Dec. 2nd

One of the Hot Toys summer Toy Fair exclusives was one of the many Iron Man suits seen in the final scenes of Iron Man 3. Part of the "House Party protocol," the Mark XXI flew to the rescue of Tony Stark and Col. Rhodes. At least that is what we're told. I've gone through the scene frame by frame and I can't find Midas anywhere. The suit is listed in the Art of Iron Man 3 as a "High Altitude" suit - and appears to be one of about 4 of the Iron Legion that are just repaints of the Mark VII.

As repaints go though, this one is pretty impressive. Some might have wished for Hot Toys to try out their diecast line with the Midas. But there are so many different shades of gold on him that it would have been a shame to do him all in a single gold color. Because of the striking look of the different shades of gold, I think HT has it over some of the other companies that are doing all metal versions of this suit.

midas10.jpg

He comes in the same type of box that we've seen from the Mark VII, although they couldn't use a picture from the film on the front (probably because they couldn't find one).

All the parts he comes with we've seen before in the Mark VII. Except the stand, which is reuse from the Stark set and many future Iron Men, I'm sure. It's a little disappointing that the stand doesn't light up. They even warn you not to try and open the battery compartment since it's not set up for lights.

midas2.jpg

midas4.jpg

I buy all the Iron Man figures that come out, but I rarely play with them much. In fiddling with this guy I was impressed with how far they've come from the first Iron Man. Making it so we can display the bent wrist shooting the repulsors is great and definitely a pose that will get used a lot.

midas5.jpg

midas9.jpg

midas3.jpg

And now the question on everyone's mind - is he just a repaint of the Mark VII?

midas11.jpg

midas12.jpg

Yes, he's a repaint. couldn't see a single newly engineered piece on him. But that is probably accurate to the film. And the multi-toned gold makes him more than JUST a repaint. He's very cool looking

midas15.jpg

I very rarely comment about price - it's pointless to argue - and this guy is sure to be extremely rare. Sideshow will sell him for $299.99. An item is worth what someone will pay for it and I have a feeling this little guy is going to be worth $299.99 to a lot of people.

More pics here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=773

Thanks for the review. The only thing i don't like is all the scratches on the legs. They look like it's defective rather than battle damaged.

Is this going to be sold exclusively from Sideshow or will other U.S. Hot Toys retailers have it as well? And isn't Sideshow the official supplier for all U.S. Hot Toys dealers?

Is this going to be sold exclusively from Sideshow or will other U.S. Hot Toys retailers have it as well? And isn't Sideshow the official supplier for all U.S. Hot Toys dealers?

Collectiblesdirect have already confirmed Sideshow won't be providing stock to any UK sellers so I would assume the same applies to other US sellers. If you want this and don't want to pay HK prices then Sideshow is your only alternative!!

As for the price, I called it long ago - more than the BD Mrk VII and $300

That is why I only buy these because i enjoy them not for some long term investment.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Which is why I buy these in the first place too. Could care less if they are worth millions or not. :wave

Back