Hot Toys MMS ???- Iron Man Mark IV 1/6 Limited Edition Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool if it came with a smiling rdj sculpt, as he had a big smile on his face during this scene, but going by what can be seen it's unlikely.

Do you think people will stop buying Hot Toys if they keep remaking figures?

(I would stop, but I'm addicted)

hmm. Hot toys is really milking the IM line as much as they can. Comes off as a meh to me but die-hard IM2 fans will buy it.

Taking into consideration the bot that comes with the Mech Test Tony set, I'd specualte these 2 diorama bots will be pretty much the same materials and quality - which isn't stellar. If this release is indeed only those 2 bots from the Expo and a base plate, than I don't see how HT could justify a large price tag for them unless there is something else included like a RDJ sculpt, Expo suit, etc, etc.

I think a sweet addition to this package of 2 bots and a base would be a Justin Hammer sculpt. That would turn this from an automatic pass to an automatic buy for me :D

Im in for this one. I hope its a tuxedo Tony with smiling sculpt.

Exclusive ver would be 1 Dancing Cheerleaders in Iron man outfit with light up features :rock

Why wouldn't it be? Hot Toys will take every opportunity to sell a figure twice. I wouldn't be able to pass on this, even with the figure included. Is it odd that Plastic Enemies teases this before Hot Toys:dunno

because they would obv sell more at the lower price without the figure most people have. it wont come with the figure.

It would be cool if it came with a smiling rdj sculpt, as he had a big smile on his face during this scene, but going by what can be seen it's unlikely.

thats a good call. that would be awesome.

Taking into consideration the bot that comes with the Mech Test Tony set, I'd specualte these 2 diorama bots will be pretty much the same materials and quality - which isn't stellar. If this release is indeed only those 2 bots from the Expo and a base plate, than I don't see how HT could justify a large price tag for them unless there is something else included like a RDJ sculpt, Expo suit, etc, etc.

I think a sweet addition to this package of 2 bots and a base would be a Justin Hammer sculpt. That would turn this from an automatic pass to an automatic buy for me :D

there are 3 bots, and they are huge!

So is it at all possible that HT would re-lease a new version of the Mark I with a Mark IV diorama, which would explain the Facebook comment? I know it sounds a bit odd since they don't go together, but it would give HT an excuse to jack up the price with some unnecessary plastic bits, and they could probably sell more units by forcing people who wanted either Mark I or the dio alone to buy the set (folks who could then re-sell the figure/dio they didn't need). And it would make more sense than re-releasing the Mark IV, which just came out last year and isn't hard to come by yet.

This dio being released at all boggles my mind a bit. I think the most obvious thing would be an updated Mark III with the new Mark II's body as a base, but I find it hard to believe that a Mark I and Mark IV diorama are being produced concurrently. Maybe the Mark I thing was just a typo.

Why are you doing this dio HT?! This will cost a lot of $$$ and I'll be soooooooooo tempted to get it when it's already up for PO!

Wow awesome! Not an Iron man collector but very excited to see how this turns out and whether this sets a precedent for other lines (Nolan Batman) for similar dios... the possibilities are endless... Hope this sells well to push HT to do similar dios in the future

fingers cross... it's a DX mark IV with extra suit & tuxedo, pers RDJ headsculpt, 2 version helmet one with stark face one light up features accessories & diorama!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back