Hot Toys MMS ???- Iron Man Mark IV 1/6 Limited Edition Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
new iron man armor from avengers character art at SDCC.

281351_10150709366585386_567270385_19648639_7308305_n.jpg

I am hoping for another Tony suit...racing or tuxedo or something not machine-based

I am very interested in this kit.

But I very much hope that it does NOT include the Mark IV figure. Chances are, if you're interested in the dio, you already have the figure. Selling a dio + figure in this case seems like it would retail at around $300-$350. Which, in my opinion, prices it out of range for all but a handful of collectors.

Thoughts?

I am very interested in this kit.

But I very much hope that it does NOT include the Mark IV figure. Chances are, if you're interested in the dio, you already have the figure. Selling a dio + figure in this case seems like it would retail at around $300-$350. Which, in my opinion, prices it out of range for all but a handful of collectors.

Thoughts?

my thoughts are i dont know why anyone would think this will come with a figure.

they said they would be getting into dioramas, those do not come with figures. like the pirate wheel, and sweeney tods chair.

Why do Hot Toys have such a Woody for Iron Man? Its beyond ridiculous now. Mmmm Milk.

my thoughts are i dont know why anyone would think this will come with a figure.

they said they would be getting into dioramas, those do not come with figures. like the pirate wheel, and sweeney tods chair.

Honestly, that does make MUCH more sense.

Why do Hot Toys have such a Woody for Iron Man? Its beyond ridiculous now. Mmmm Milk.
ummm maybe because they sell out lightning fast, are some of the best, other lisences cant even hold a flame to them, expendables? sweeney todd? give me a break.
how is it milking when they are desired by the people who want to buy them, and when they are all different?

people moan about how hot toys doesnt complete lines, and now when they are completing certain TOP SELLING lines, people get all :monkey2 about that.

So a wooden floor with a ships wheel and a back drop with a barbers chair are accesories? 3 pieces of robot arms and a base is a diorama?

Mech test Tony is a figure with accesories?

So a wooden floor with a ships wheel and a back drop with a barbers chair are accesories? 3 pieces of robot arms and a base is a diorama?

Mech test Tony is a figure with accesories?

they are diorama pieces. sold on their own. im not making it up.

mech test tony needed stuff, no one was going to spend 150 on a guy in a tshirt. and that really is a SCENE. they know people already have an ironman they can use with this diorama. youll see. argue it all you want. its not coming with the Iv.

I'm not really arguing that it will or won't come with a figure. I would prefer it not to, so it will be more reasonable in price. I just think that with all the re-releases lately HT's know they can money grab right now and have been doing a good job at it, that's all. My money is on your thought process.

After missing out on the Mark IV I wouldn't hate if this included that too. :lol

608631553.gif

What!?! :horror You, THE Iron Man expert on the board, passed on the Mark IV? You deserve no re-release then! Shame on you!

I'm starting to wonder if Sideshow had anything to do with this dio. With the new SW announcement today they did mention Marvel collaberations.

Actually the DX sparrow comes with the pirate wheel, and Sweeney Todd comes with the barber chair. Those are not separate dioramas but actually part of the figure accessories. But I do agree that this Iron Man diorama is probably a stand alone release without a figure. I believe the only other diorama we've seen from HT so far is the T-700 diorama from the factory scene. That one retailed for around $70ish back then and is probably much smaller than this, so it may give us an idea of what this could cost.. I'm guessing this will be around the lower $100 range if it's just the three robotic arms.

Last edited:
What!?! :horror You, THE Iron Man expert on the board, passed on the Mark IV? You deserve no re-release then! Shame on you!

I'm starting to wonder if Sideshow had anything to do with this dio. With the new SW announcement today they did mention Marvel collaberations.

:exactly:

Same with the Indy dio SS just showed recently.

I'm not a big fan of SS 1/6 so let HT's do the figures and let SS work on the dio's....that works for me! :clap

I'm also surprised The Mike that you don't have that IV armor. What gives?

Actually the DX sparrow comes with the pirate wheel, and Sweeney Todd comes with the barber chair. Those are not separate dioramas but actually part of the figure accessories. But I do agree that this Iron Man diorama is probably a stand alone release without a figure. I believe the only other diorama we've seen from HT so far is the T-700 diorama from the factory scene. That one retailed for around $70ish back then, so that may give us an idea of what this could cost..

:dunno woops haha :dunno

i still stand by my thoughts that this will be a stand alone piece. at the most an expo suit tony.

:dunno woops haha :dunno

i still stand by my thoughts that this will be a stand alone piece. at the most an expo suit tony.

haha it's cool, I definitely agree with you that this seems to be more of a stand alone piece as well.. Personally I think it's great that HT is making these huge pieces to go with the figures, these huge diorama and accessories make for a much more interesting display :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back