1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Iron Man MK41 Bones Collectible Figure (Retro Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They actually come off very easily. It's just put in with a pin to hold all 3 rings on each arm.

Yeah but I've grown to like them, especially on the Retro version. The "shoulder loops" are meant to simulate the unfinished shoulder plates, just as the rest of the figure is meant to simulate a suit without the armor plating. In my opinion, the 3 "loops" look great and give an insight into how the internal mechanics of the different armors' shoulders pads function.

With this paint scheme, the figure drastically climbed into my top 10 favorite HT IM figures. My only gripe is that, just like the original, the switch to turn on the eyes is a pain to get to buried under the top of the helmet. I knew HT wouldn't change it for a repaint but it has always bugged me how tight that top panel is in place. And the fact that the helmet is attached magnetically to the neck, I'd think the switch could have been made easily accessible on the underside of the helmet. That's just such a minor nitpick though.

Hey hokietwo, have you been able to spot the off center silver/red pistons on either side of the chest RT like someone pointed out in a very early picture of the prototype? I don't see it on mine but then again, I really couldn't see it here:

Attachments

• IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 210
Thanks for the pix - I agree something is needed at the shoulders but not those rings. I get the idea, just don't like the look.

Yeah but I've grown to like them, especially on the Retro version. The "shoulder loops" are meant to simulate the unfinished shoulder plates, just as the rest of the figure is meant to simulate a suit without the armor plating. In my opinion, the 3 "loops" look great and give an insight into how the internal mechanics of the different armors' shoulders pads function.

I've never thought of it like that. That just made me appreciate this suit a lot more.

I've never thought of it like that. That just made me appreciate this suit a lot more.

Yeah? Good!

This armor is a cool design but the colors of the original seem very wrong In my opinion. Alas, the retro looks much better but I still agree with a previous comment that both are wrong and should have been mostly silver (I think the comment had a picture of the Mk. II AU boots for reference).

It looks great on my shelf although, retro vs retro, I'm still ranking Sneaky higher. I like Retro Sneaky's gold chrome parts quite a bit and ever since buying the IM Manual, really loved the design of the armor. Was going crazy waiting for HT to announce and subsequently release Sneaky only to be disappointed. But Retro Sneaky came to the rescue and is definitely in my top 5 favorite released HT armors.

Awesome pics! First one, especially. Really looking forward to this - still enjoying my Sneaky Retro armor as well (even more than the original).

It is an awesome repaint, and just like Sneaky Retro, is better than the original! Sorry if you've seen me write this before but I always have to when someone mentions Sneaky Retro:

My excitement for the release of Sneaky OG was the highest of all the HPP armors, and some "main" armors as well. Box came from HK, I opened it and he looked so very meh, or boring or just not what I had hoped for. Then the promo pictures of Sneaky Retro were released and BAM, I knew right then and there that this was going to be in my top 5 favorite armors.

Since this is a thread for Bones Retro, I'll put my top 11 in order:
1. Mk. XLIII 1/4
2. Mk. XLV 1/6
3. WM Mk. I Diecast
4. Mk. XV Sneaky Retro
5. Mk. XXXIX Starboost
6. Mk. XL Shotgun
7. Mk. XLVI
8. Mk. VI Avengers Promo
9. Mk. VII
10. Mk. XXI Midas Gold Chrome
11. Mk. XLI Bones Retro

Hulkbuster will most likely knock most of them down a slot, but I really won't know until he's in hand.

I went on waitlist for this today around 5PM (EST) and just got a conversion email from Sideshow. For those that want to get it, it seems it's still available.

I went on waitlist for this today around 5PM (EST) and just got a conversion email from Sideshow. For those that want to get it, it seems it's still available.

Incredible! I thought for sure that Shades would be the easiest to get of the two, especially considering the color scheme of both really. It might have something to do with overproduction for the Tokyo event, which Shades was not a part of. My WL for Shades just converted today (take that flippers) but Retro Bones seemed quite easy to acquire. It's a beautiful figure, had mine for awhile thanks to my buddy in Japan ����!

Back