1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Iron Man MK41 Bones Collectible Figure (Retro Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone who has both out on display, start swapping all the limbs and head from one to the other. So original torso with retro everything else and vice versa. Let's see some photos.
Ryan

Someone who has both out on display, start swapping all the limbs and head from one to the other. So original torso with retro everything else and vice versa. Let's see some photos.
Ryan

Good idea. I may try that myself - once I get this.

Here you go
a97f7f5ebb36cbaecf92b627159b439a.jpg
c3e37e18c227274a4d7065c9b64e04c6.jpg
4f053ddc6b6a538d42dc9d5df5c41f48.jpg
b29496fb7060239f806635df366b8259.jpg
6f417c0fa04a959a71f6a78506623dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I did that with the MKVII and Midas when Midas came out, lol.

At least with the Mk VII, because of all the new paint schemes, it can look like a repair job done on the fly.
With the Bones figures, I think the original torso with retro limbs doesn't look too bad. But the opposite does look, as mikericm pointed out, fugly. It just doesn't work.

At least with the Mk VII, because of all the new paint schemes, it can look like a repair job done on the fly.
With the Bones figures, I think the original torso with retro limbs doesn't look too bad. But the opposite does look, as mikericm pointed out, fugly. It just doesn't work.

The forearms also separate on this figure, as does the upper chest, so that's another possibility. I suppose if the lower legs actually separated to make it a mostly dark figure with red/gold boots - that might look alright. I'll play around with mine when in gets here in the next couple of weeks and post pics afterward.

I just got this a few days ago. The paint and detail are some of the best Hot Toys has done on any Iron Man release. It's really a beautiful figure.

image.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was able to throw this in here or moved to a different section. This is a cool figure for sure and I was a skeptic at first.

For anyone that has this, I have a few questions. I'm a collector that buys pieces that are usually canon, but this seems really nice.

So first, is it really as nice as pics make it seem to be?

Second, how bright are the LEDs? Like if I put this in my case with the lights off in the case, will this shine bright enough to see?

Third, no matter what type of collector you are, like I said I am more into canon figs, do you think this is worth it or is it nice to see once in a while but not that great in the long run? Thanks for any responses!

Its a cracking figure leaves the standard version in the dust ,with great paintwork ,bright leds,colourful stand & the mark 45 flame effect hands work well. only downside is the extra small fragile forearm switches . worth the £195 i paid 6 months ago.

Back