1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Iron Man MK41 Bones Collectible Figure (Retro Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I jump on every IM armour they put out, and will try to get hold of this (where will it be available...?), it would be nice if they'd get around to finishing the actual House Party.

I realise they have to repaint to maximise profit, and I do like this one, but I really would have preferred a different colour scheme. Perhaps switching out the gold for silver, leaving the rest black, or a blue/silver pairing would have looked better.
These will be available for pick up at the upcoming expo in the Japan Hot Toys store :lecture VVVVVV
Hot Toys said:
Hey Marvel fans, if you are visiting Tokyo, Japan soon, we got some great news to share with you all today!

Starting on April 7 until June 25, Hot Toys will take part in the “Marvel Age of Heroes Exhibition” at Roppongi Hills Mori Tower in Tokyo!

A number of exclusive 1/6th scale collectibles and Cosbaby bobble-heads will on sale for fans to bring home, and there is one yet-to-be revealed exclusive 1/6th scale collectible figure will also be on shelf and available for purchase at the event! If you want to know what it will be, then you have to continue to stay tuned!

Moreover, a large collection of Hot Toys amazing Marvel collectible figures and life-size statues from the latest Marvel Cinematic Universe installments will be on display for fans to enjoy up close!

Remember to come and visit us in Japan soon!

Hot Toys Pop-Up Store @ Marvel Age of Heroes Exhibition
Date: April 7 – June 25, 2017
Time: 10:00 – 22:00
Venue: 50/F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower
Address: Roppongi Hills 6-10-1 Roppongi , Minato-ku, Tokyo

The last Retro armor was based off the concept art, but I don't believe there's any concept art released where Bones is red and gold. Did Hot Toys just make this one up?

You betcha, they make new stuff up all the time, artistic renditions of armors or troopers :)

Not a good choice of a figure to repaint, too much going on, the first one had an awesome color scheme.

Not a good choice of a figure to repaint, too much going on, the first one had an awesome color scheme.

:exactly::exactly:
tenor.gif

:lol

I like it but I gave up on HPP (and by extension repaints of them) long ago.

I want to bash on this so hard....

but I'd be a hypocrite cause I own like 3 repaints of the Mark VII :rotfl

What's next. Starboost?

Could be could be :lol

I also wouldn't rule out a MKVII repaint, although I won't truly be worried until they start the Storm Trooper/Iron Man crossover variants and repaints :slap :lol

PD13887162100b4.jpg

**** shouldn't give them ideas :lol

Yeah, I'm not one for banging on about over Iron Man saturation. I actually like that they are ticking off the HPP (not that I would ever buy any), but this is going a wee bit far. Mark III and VII?, yeah I can understand repaints of them will sell... but Sneaky and Bones? what next? Igor in classic red and gold?

Could be could be [emoji38]

I also wouldn't rule out a MKVII repaint, although I won't truly be worried until they start the Storm Trooper/Iron Man crossover variants and repaints :slap [emoji38]

View attachment 334218

**** shouldn't give them ideas [emoji38]
Wouldn't that be Stormboost in this case?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Honestly this isn't that surprising, as Sneaky and Bones are unique one off armors. Many of the other HPP have existing paint variants but this way they can squeeze a few more sales out of an otherwise unique mold. In that sense there just might be a Starboost in the future, maybe a red and gold Igor even (budget Hulkbuster!).

Sadly missed opportunity to do the mechanical detailing in the Barry Windsor-Smith palette popular in the 80's Iron Man books.

C3jOU-WUEAAik2T.jpg

Hot Toys needs to get with HPP suits that haven't been made and aren't repaints. Ones with a new body. Even though I am tired of seeing all these IM suits, one suit I really want made (surprised it hasn't yet) is Hammerhead. Different sculpt, unique color, and unique use (deep sea).

Not gonna lie, the original Bones had to grow on me. However, once it did i appreciated the INSANE detailing and sculpting that went into it. But This Retro Version's colorscheme irks the hell Outta me, it's quite terrible looking. This in metallic silver would've been GORGEOUS.

Not gonna lie, the original Bones had to grow on me. However, once it did i appreciated the INSANE detailing and sculpting that went into it. But This Retro Version's colorscheme irks the hell Outta me, it's quite terrible looking. This in metallic silver would've been GORGEOUS.

These colors do nothing for me on this suit but i agree metallic silver like the MKII would have been perfect.

Back