1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Mark VI Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we could try looking at it from another perspective.

Collectors who have missed the classic armors wave, and unwilling to pay exorbitant prices on eBay, this re-issue kind of controls the prices for the original 7, like how TWS Nick Fury made AVG1 Nick Fury go down in price and demand.

Same applies for Midas. Collectors can now go for whichever version they prefer more, as the pricing for V1.0 goes down. No point arguing which is better.

Shanghai 'exclusives' with prices tagged too high on eBay? Get the v1.0s after price drops.
Re-issues deter scalpers in a way.

Why would the prices for Midas go down? They're both still super exclusive. And they're very different from one another.

Why would the prices for Midas go down? They're both still super exclusive. And they're very different from one another.

Because MIDAS market has room for slight saturation now. In time to come more prices will drop.
What are we talking about? MISB? BIB?
My area v1.0 330 USD BIB, 405 USD MISB v2.0 MIDAS $500 USD. More options now, no?

I believe it's inevitable we see a diecast of mark vi. This reissue is simply to commemorate their opening of a flagship store. Geez some of you guys seem really offended by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's inevitable we see a diecast of mark vi. This reissue is simply to commemorate their opening of a flagship store. Geez some of you guys seem really offended by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm skipping out on these 2 models but it seems like not everyone's happy the way Hot Toys is doing things in China with these new releases.
I mean they're supposed to be collectibles, and with other collectibles, limited market releases is normal and a part of the hobby and what makes this entire hobby so great. If every models introduced in Sideshow, it really gives everyone a chance at it which (imo isn't right).

Not saying I support the re-seller prices but market limitations is fair.
Not going to get these models myself as I have both originals very satisfied with the older releases.

*Make some friends in China and ask them for some help :p

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Motux, since you have one in hand, you may be able to help. Are the forearm armor pieces removable like on the original Mk VI?
I know the missile parts aren't included but wondered if the possibility was there.

Not sure why the upset for the releases. They are bare releases and gives more people to get a chance to get into the line. More people buying buying means the company grows and we can get more products.

It probably wouldn't come with the suitcase.
Well in their defense the suitcase technically doesn't exist when the suit does. At least I don't think, been a long while since I've seen IM2. However that's not an excuse. You're right, plain and simple. And it should be included.

Well in their defense the suitcase technically doesn't exist when the suit does. At least I don't think, been a long while since I've seen IM2. However that's not an excuse. You're right, plain and simple. And it should be included.

Your statement made it sound stupid to have multiple pair of hands in a set since Iron Man only has a pair of hands. :lol

Your statement made it sound stupid to have multiple pair of hands in a set since Iron Man only has a pair of hands. :lol

Okay, hands are options, variations of the same thing. By that, the suitcase and the suit are the same thing. It -technically- doesn't make sense to pose the suit with the suitcase, because the suit is the suitcase. They don't exist at the same time. I guess you could put the suitcase on the shelf and call it a day though. No need for a $200 IM armor. People aren't displaying spare hands on acrylic risers with a figure.

But. Why argue semantics? That's why I disregarded my statement in favor of packing it in. People should play with their figures as they please. If the suit would come with the suitcase, sweet. More accessories for us.

True. But honestly I was just making a little joke because these exclusives are so bare bones. Which I don't have a problem with before people jump down my throat saying I'm complaining.

Bare bones is on purpose. It keeps cost a wee bit lower and it would really really piss everyone off if these where to include everything and be that much cheaper and not available to everyone. You all know you would flip out if the mk6 or 4 included everything the originals did, where slight updates, and cost 30% less then the current armors. These are 200ish to 270ish, the diecast armors being 270. That would cause everyone to flip out, except Fran, since he doesn't actually buy anything. But those who actually collect hot toys would be Peeved.

Don't forget the die cast.. Imagine the outcry if the only way to get die cast IV, VI, and VII ($10 says bare bones VII will come to Shanghai) was to buy them on eBay..

Back