1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Mark VI Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what can say about how HT is run these days, who can say it better than none other than Mr. Stark himself:

You start with something pure. Something exciting. Then come the mistakes, the compromises. We create our own demons.

HT Sing.jpg

MORE? Could be a PS

This is what can say about how HT is run these days, who can say it better than none other than Mr. Stark himself:

You start with something pure. Something exciting. Then come the mistakes, the compromises. We create our own demons.

Sorry but that quote isn't on point my friend. Out of the first 8 iron man figures half where reissues. Hot toys started this way and it's what's allowed them to grow. They didn't compromise. They didn't change. The first reissue was the third iron man figure they did. Out of the first 20 figures a quarter where reissues or updates, and a another quarter where repaints like silly things mk3 and milk war machine. This is how things have been done from the very start and what has worked to turn a small company into the number one 1/6 figure manufacturing company on the planet.

As much as I want mk 6, I'll wait for the diecast upgrade. If that doesn't happen, I'm just not going to own one.

That's how I feel too; especially because being a store exclusive in China puts it out of reach for me here in the US of getting a very basic version of the figure at a reasonable price.

I don't have any problem with Hot Toys doing a small local basic re-release like this though, I hope they sell a lot of them to their local costumers. At the same time I am also hoping for an updated Diecast version of the figure to come out in the future internationally.

Good grief HT and their reissues, but what can you do. I have the VI with no plans to sell, so this is not a big deal to me. Right now the only IM figures I'm interested in is a diecast V and Blue Steel (preferably diecast as well). I will pick up a diecast VI when eventually released because you know that's coming.

Not gonna lie, I'd totally buy this if it made it's way to sideshow.

I think a lot of people would. Sideshow offering it would greatly change the dynamics of making a buying.

Although I would be disappointed because such a wide release could likely be signaling that there would be no plan to do an updated Diecast version. I'd rather So personal I would rather wait for a better version of a figure than get this now; unless a better version isn't likely to come.

So it doesn't come with all the extra weapons and attachments? I'm pretty sure HT has the die-cast version getting ready that comes w/ a ton of accessories for it's high price.

So it doesn't come with all the extra weapons and attachments? I'm pretty sure HT has the die-cast version getting ready that comes w/ a ton of accessories for it's high price.

I really hope we see a diecast mark VI. I would also like to see some more house party armors.

Looks like a different paint job, the whole figure looks pristine and the silver is darker and looks to be more reflective. What I'd like to know is why do re-issues for one market? Is it because they just want to hype up the new store, did mainland china somehow have a difficult time getting the originals and/or is there a high demand there on the secondary market or is it to make some quick money to pay for R&D in the near future?

Back