Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper Officer

6" line (Disney or Hasbro). Spending $300 on troopers is a waist IMO. As they look like 12" toys not high end.

6"? Not sure why I'd ever want a 6" figure. Hot Toys has so far made only sub-par faces for SW, but their armored figures on the other hand have been excellent and there's no comparing them to anything from Hasbro. Are you sure you're a Star Wars fan? ;)

6"? Not sure why I'd ever want a 6" figure. Hot Toys has so far made only sub-par faces for SW, but their armored figures on the other hand have been excellent and there's no comparing them to anything from Hasbro. Are you sure you're a Star Wars fan? ;)

Collecting as an adult since 1995, I have become a smart and seasoned SW fan. I have also become much wiser with my wallet.

I'm going completist here! Will not collect any other line, this is crazy though! The 2 packs are my friends.

At first I thought it was the ESB version. :(
Glad I'm not collecting this line, too much too soon, would never keep up. :dunno

I personally like the Snowtroopers from the Empire Strikes Back more than the First Order Snowtroopers. The design of the new helmet is cool and all, but the outfit on these looks sort of cheap to me for some reason. I don't know if it just looks too skinny, or if it is the look of the fabric, or what.

Hmm... once again I find the designs somewhat underwhelming.
One thing's for sure, it'll be tough to keep up with all the toys they're going to make out of this. First movie and we've already got what? four Stormtrooper designs?

Collecting as an adult since 1995, I have become a smart and seasoned SW fan. I have also become much wiser with my wallet.

I'm very selective with what I buy and have no interest in being a completist in any line, especially TFA - don't even know if I'll get any figures from this line for myself. But apart from some vintage items, I collect strictly 1/6 figures, so in that respect I'm no longer a general Star Wars collector. As I don't have any kind of line in the sand when it comes to helmeted or full-faced figures, I just collect what I'm interested in, and Stormtroopers have always been one of my favorites.

You need to check out the SH Figuarts line. Amazing quality for 6" figures. I'm collecting select Hot Toys 12" items and then army building Figuarts.

You need to check out the SH Figuarts line. Amazing quality for 6" figures. I'm collecting select Hot Toys 12" items and then army building Figuarts.

No doubt the quality is there, I'm just not interested in that kind of product, though I may pick up some Hasbro Black series for my son for Christmas.

Insane at how fast they are getting these out there.

Happy bankruptcy to those completists.

Yup, it's getting Star Wars crazy in here.

Poor Snowtrooper Officer is definitely getting shot first, wearing that red pauldron. Must be a quick line to the top.

Insane at how fast they are getting these out there.

Happy bankruptcy to those completists.

It's crazy. I was going to go for the TFA stormtroopers at first, but then I would end up getting these to. And the next variation.

What are we looking at realistically? 10 different troopers from TFA? 20?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtroopers Set

Glad they're doing a set. Will pick up this and a spare trooper. At least they didn't make one of them shorter than the other. :slap

Hot Toys is really banking on this being a good movie, huh?

re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Dammit I also thought it was for an ESB Snowie! :mad:

But I do like this design, perhaps best, of all the new Ep 7 Stormies.

Neat design and bodes well for ESB Snowtroopers, but I don't like the Sandtrooper-esque pauldron to denote rank and won't be buying anything from the sequels, in any event.

Also, agree with Pix that 3 threads is overkill. Merge them all.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtroopers Set

I really like the design of these guys... all except for that impractical eye slit. Why couldn't they have just made it resemble the modified eyes of a FO Stormtrooper like this..........

They are saving this for episode VIII version.

Seriously though, i'm not too bothered by the actual eye slit. I can imagine the size and shape of those helmets have an "in universe" explanation whether being historical, technological or something else.

Back