HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Can we get away from the Black suits and get back to the more Adam west grey and blue like the comics?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

:lol

Only thing I'm curious about is if they'll create a completely new Batman style with a new outfit and vehicles and so on
or if we'll see at least some stuff from the Nolan trilogy back on screen again? :dunno

I mean there wasn't anything sold/ auctioned by now from the movies that could be essential, right?

i think they will totally reinvent it ~ at least that would be the best choice. break any sense of continuity with the nolanverse.

i think they will totally reinvent it ~ at least that would be the best choice. break any sense of continuity with the nolanverse.

Think you're right. Probably quite a challenge to show something new and different that pleases the watchers expectations, too after Nolan's movies, especially as his style is still modern.

Last edited:

Well at least I don't have to worry about pre-ordering the Batffleck figure :dunno

Can we get away from the Black suits and get back to the more Adam west grey and blue like the comics?

:slap Hell NO. They better keep it straight black and nothing else. I wouldn't mind the Arkham Asylum/city suit but with a darker color scheme.

:slap Hell NO. They better keep it straight black and nothing else. I wouldn't mind the Arkham Asylum/city suit but with a darker color scheme.
I can live with that. Honestly, my good friend Hates the film suits and said he only likes the grey and blue. I thought I'd see what happens if I suggested his idea.:lol

It's going to be great when Affleck proves the naysayers wrong with their little lame, cliched jokes, and makes, writes, and directs a fantastic Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The guy probably gets the character more than any other Batman actor or director has/did. He's not just a force that understands actors on screen, but behind the screen as well. Two years from now, the haters will be crying when their Affleck Batman dolls are delayed.

Keaton/Batman, Ledger/Joker ring a bell. :lol

there will be no ht affleck batman because howard chan is disappointed by the casting decision too.

: D

No way :lol

If this turns out to be an awesome Batman movie and is a smash hit HT will be cranking out Affleck Batman figures as fast as they can.

Yup. Totally different from Nolan and that's the way it should be. I like the differences in takes between Burton and Nolan and I hope the new Batman films will contrast to them just as much as they contrast to one another. A few things I'd like to see.

1. More emphasis on detective work. Yeah, we had some some stuff in the previous films but it never came off that Batman was a detective.

2. A convergence on the best traits they got right for Bale and Keaton Wayne. I think they got things right for both of them but both were missing something. Put them together and we'll get the perfect Wayne.

3. Return of the Batmobile. I loved the Tumbler but I think something like that really only works for the Nolan-verse. I don't think the 89 mobile can ever be beat but something along the lines of that would be a nice start.

If this turns out to be an awesome Batman movie and is a smash hit HT will be cranking out Affleck Batman figures as fast as they can.

Yup. Totally different from Nolan and that's the way it should be. I like the differences in takes between Burton and Nolan and I hope the new Batman films will contrast to them just as much as they contrast to one another. A few things I'd like to see.

1. More emphasis on detective work. Yeah, we had some some stuff in the previous films but it never came off that Batman was a detective.

2. A convergence on the best traits they got right for Bale and Keaton Wayne. I think they got things right for both of them but both were missing something. Put them together and we'll get the perfect Wayne.

3. Return of the Batmobile. I loved the Tumbler but I think something like that really only works for the Nolan-verse. I don't think the 89 mobile can ever be beat but something along the lines of that would be a nice start.

I agree with part 1, however I doubt we'll see any detective work in "Superman Vs. Batman".

I don't agree that Bale was missing something. Keaton I feel was missing something, and I really liked him. I guess maybe we didn't really see much of Bruce the Businessman and Playboy in Batman89. Just my preference though. Great thing about Batman/Bruce is we can keep getting new interpretations.

It would not surprise me if Affleck won a lot of people over.

What I'd like to see is a few of the more out there villains. Ones that we haven't seen yet, like Killer Croc, Clay Face, and Man-Bat.
Also, Mr. Freeze Done right.

I agree with everything except for 3. for this new iteration of Batman, i don't think they should model his Batmobile from the 89 model. in the world of MOS, a Batmoblie that looks like the 89 version would not work.

If Frank Miler were dead, he would have rolled over in his grave twice now.

Interesting turn of phrase. Miller was supposedly involved in this movie at some point. I thought Snyder met with Frank Miller at least once. Could've been discussed. I figure he and Miller know each other well enough after 300.

I do wonder what Miller and Nolan think of Affleck is a strange choice. He fits the bill as Wayne. Difficult to see him as Batman ... but, stranger things have happened. Might be fine. Might not. Let it play out.

SnakeDoc

I don't know if he'll turn out to be a disaster or a great choice. I initially thought both Keaton and Downy Jr. were actors whose personalities were too glib and jokey to play serious characters, but in the case of Downey and Tony Stark, that type of smart-aleck attitude is what makes the character what he is, and Keaton seemed able to tone it down enough to not be Beetlejuice in a mask. So I will just withhold judgment and wait and see.

I was mainly just sardonically alluding to the fact that two of Frank Miller's most acclaimed writing stints on comic characters were his work remaking both DareDevil and Batman and how he must feel having Ben Affleck now portraying both of them in their film incarnations, to (so far) critical disdain.

we all gonna love him, I tell ya :D
ben.jpg

I just pulled my DX 12 out of the box and he appears to have what can only be described as a leaky codpiece! Very similar to the oily abs problem with the old DX 2. Anyone else had this issue or am I just being "lucky" again? :(

You hit it on the head!:goodpost::exactly:

1001747_580700441987605_1658325336_n.jpg

Oh, this can't be a one shot deal for Ben. There had to be a larger deal in the works. Directing the next batman film or a possible Justice league film maybe, but Warner Bros would be foolish not to lock up whoever they wound up getting for Batman for future projects. Especially with Marvel setting the mold.

Yeah I think so- wondering if he will be in JL, can't be a one shot deal. I think he might direct JL if Snyder isn't...

Lets face it everyone, this movie is gonna make insane amounts of money from both fans and haters of Ben. Fans will see it because it's friggin batman AND superman....on the big effin screen! Haters will see it simply because they wanna see how Ben will eff it up....which I'm confident he won't.

Either way, this is the movie everyone is going to watch. Period.

Yeah I think so- wondering if he will be in JL, can't be a one shot deal. I think he might direct JL if Snyder isn't...

Yeah, that may be the case. Either that or he'll Direct/Star in the next stand alone Batman film.

Lets face it everyone, this movie is gonna make insane amounts of money from both fans and haters of Ben. Fans will see it because it's friggin batman AND superman....on the big effin screen! Haters will see it simply because they wanna see how Ben will eff it up....which I'm confident he won't.

Either way, this is the movie everyone is going to watch. Period.

Actually I dont think so. I don't think Affleck bringsa lot of star power but maybe he will after Argo. I think a lot of people will wait for reviews which will crush the movie because there is no way it's going to live up to the hype even if it's a decent movie. If it's as good as MOS (which I liked) I think it will be considered a failure because that isn't going to be good enough

Actually I dont think so. I don't think Affleck bringsa lot of star power but maybe he will after Argo. I think a lot of people will wait for reviews which will crush the movie because there is no way it's going to live up to the hype even if it's a decent movie. If it's as good as MOS (which I liked) I think it will be considered a failure because that isn't going to be good enough

I kind of agree with you. I couldn't believe the negative reviews MOS was getting when it first came out. I thought it was great. But that's what happens when they build up a movie too much. The expectations are just so high. That noone is ever completely happy with the final product.

They're testing the waters for Affleck. I think they knew they wanted him all along. They will see how he does as a supporting character in the Man of Steel sequel . If he gets a warm reception then it's the official Batman reboot starring Affleck if not then he'll be limited to the Justice League . The official Batman solo movie will be postponed or re-packaged to isolate Affleck from the franchise.

Regardless Affleck knows this is THE most important role of his career. It will raise his bar of popularity as an actor he's already experiencing it as a director. I think he's placed a lot of thought in how he will portray Batman. He is a smart guy and knows how Batman should be- he just lacks range in his performances. I think he'll play it mean , brooding. With all that being said i'm still worried lol. And I think they have such cool idea's planned for this film that there is no way you won't like Affleck. He just has to show up in costume the events will take care of the rest.

Back