HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Were the pads on the DX12 always sticking out? Or is this something that came about with the final version?

No, you can see them sticking out on some of the prototype pics on the first page.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The elbow pads are part of the gauntlets in the movies. While they don't stick out as prominently as they do on the figure, they do have a tendency to poke out a bit when he has his elbow at maximum flexion.

Batmanstudio43.jpg

iN2Xd.jpg

4EfrR.jpg

qIi3Ih.jpg

reNSM

was very close to pulling the trigger on this,got 89 bats that will do nicely

Here is his review from his personal thread: (sorry I couldn't post a link from my phone using tapatalk)

DX12:

So with much trepidation I opened this. And it is a mixed bag. Some good, some bad. Thankfully mine was QC free.

The Cowl: Better in person, the PERS are not great, they look perfect from one angle and slightly off from another, it's not really a fault per se. Nice texture to it (smooth). Same PERS operation as DX02.

I tried to fit the DX02 faceplate on, it almost does, a little sanding/modding and it will fit. So good news there.

The DX12 Faceplates: 2 good, one unusably bad.

Paint and skin texture is ok but a little soft. Same vinyl **** I have been bangin on about.

The Costume and Body: Amazing for the most part. Except the thighs look huge. Very womanly. Everything else is pretty fantastic. Yes, the bat logo is noticably off, even more so inhand than the pics on the DC thread would suggest.

He is so much more posable than any bats before him.

The Cape: 100% better than before. It's wired at the shoulders and comes already pleated to fit into the chest plate. It's a single layer of fabric, no seams. So it hangs better. It's not perfect, but a big upgrade.

Accessories: same old same old really. The light gun is a disappointment. It has a single light which illuminates the others, so not as good as the proto pics.

The Belts: One belt is made from individual links exactly the same as the enterbay one, but it fits. It's really impressive. The other dissapointingly is a single piece of plastic but is still a huge upgrade.

The Wayne Sculpt: Better than I though. But still has that bloody new vinyl softness, to be fair it has a much more detailed paint job on it than their recent mms sets so I'm happy enough with it.

The Base: nice but a bit cheap looking, could be modded to look a lot better with ease.

Overall?

If you have the Batmobile, you HAVE to have this standing next to it.

It has serious issues (PERS,body shape,cowl,faceplates) but it's good enough to warrant a purchase, it CAN look fantastic if futzed and posed properly..

And some less picky Bat fans will go nuts over this.

But, it could have been a lot better.

None of those problems you listed matter me, as long as I have my dark knight standing next to the 89 batman and joker its that matters.

The elbow pads are part of the gauntlets in the movies. While they don't stick out as prominently as they do on the figure, they do have a tendency to poke out a bit when he has his elbow at maximum flexion.

Batmanstudio43.jpg

iN2Xd.jpg

4EfrR.jpg

qIi3Ih.jpg

reNSM

He looks great here, I'm not as picky about this figure like a lot of people are, this is my first dark knight figure and I can't wait for it.

The cost here for DX12 is 1350. So around $199.00
But if course, no shipping costs :wink1:

Please buy one for me. I'll give you $200 + shipping to Chile .. :monkey3

He looks great here, I'm not as picky about this figure like a lot of people are, this is my first dark knight figure and I can't wait for it.

He looks great and 100% accurate there :lol

I think I'm going exactly in the other direction that everyone else is going. I'm actually starting to like this figure. Batman headsculpt sucks.. there is no really much to do there, just accept it.. hopefully Creg or somebody else will make a custom headsculpt for this figure. And I really like the Bale head sculpt. Probably the best one out there. I really dislike the elbows, they looked much better on the proto promo shots:

486387_10150915280642344_1708445143_n.jpg

Either way I'm glad I cancelled this.. because I can take my time and see if I really want this figure.

If the figure looked THAT good, i'd easily pay over 1000 for it. :rotfl

Jeez, those comments are pretty harsh man. What the hell. :lol

He kept trolln' me in PM's so I guess I felt the need to retaliate.

I was a young internet troll back in the day. :lol

Luckily, I grew the **** up.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Your best friend, Zach. The **** face ***.
:eek:

Get rid of the elbows pads?

Sure some people would ***** that it's not accurate and question why they're not there, but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't mind some artistic changes for the figure, as long as it looked good and was as accurate as it could be (sans the elbows of course).

That's why I'll be cutting mine off. **** 'em.

Apparently he says the cowl is just about the only redeeming feature on the figure. Can anyone on the boards who obtained the DX12 say for sure that this trumps the DX02 in every aspect??

DX02 leaks and can only be posed with his arms at the side. Pretty much a oozing statue. That alone makes the DX12 teabag it all night long.

So can anyone tell me how tall this figure is from from the top of his ears to the bottom of the base? I want to know if it'll fit in a Detolf Cabinet. Thanks!

DX02 leaks and can only be posed with his arms at the side. Pretty much a oozing statue. That alone makes the DX12 teabag it all night long.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Has anyone else have more in-hand pics?

So can anyone tell me how tall this figure is from from the top of his ears to the bottom of the base? I want to know if it'll fit in a Detolf Cabinet. Thanks!

I should fit just fine.

The cost here for DX12 is 1350. So around $199.00
But if course, no shipping costs :wink1:
Where in Shanghai can I buy the figure? My brother is there and would be great if he gets me one for that price.

I POed 2 of these at $200 each. Was thinking of getting one on eBay, but at $350 it's just too much. Add $50 more and a bit of patience and I can get 2 more of these.

I think I'll just wait. In the mean time, for those of you who have already got him, please post more pics :pray:

I POed 2 of these at $200 each. Was thinking of getting one on eBay, but at $350 it's just too much. Add $50 more and a bit of patience and I can get 2 more of these.

I think I'll just wait. In the mean time, for those of you who have already got him, please post more pics :pray:

can i buy one from you? :monkey3

Back