HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

lol past few pages.

Anyways, **** my collection.

Sold BB TF (which means i'll be selling creg custom BB gauntlets once I have them, or just send me $40.00 and i'll have creg send them to you).

Selling my DX12 once in hand next week.

Cancelling 1/4 HT POS.

Just keeping my EB, 89 Batman and vehicles.

Either get it right or GTFO.
:horror:horror:horror

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The straps between the chest piece and abs were UBER long in that vid. He looks like he took him out of the box and plopped him on the table. I haven't gotten a HT figure that was amazing right out of the box.

Exactly. It didn't seem like he tried to futz with the figure before reviewing, which makes the review irrelevant for the most part.

I don't know, I don't blame that guy. His armor did look ****ty. From what I could see, everything looked crooked. The back, the chest, all of it. The gauntlet elbows looked terrible too (as it has in every photo).

Can't flame him for not being happy. He said multiple times that it was just his opinion.

I also don't think it's a matter of futzing or posing or him "not making it look good". I just looked at his other figures and his collection looks fantastic. Hell, I might steal his Jack Joker pose.

That's pretty ridiculous paying $390 for it though but, eh, it ain't my money.

I don't know, I don't blame that guy. His armor did look ****ty. From what I could see, everything looked crooked. The back, the chest, all of it. The gauntlet elbows looked terrible too (as it has in every photo).

Can't flame him for not being happy. He said multiple times that it was just his opinion.

I also don't think it's a matter of futzing or posing or him "not making it look good". I just looked at his other figures and his collection looks fantastic. Hell, I might steal his Jack Joker pose.

I'm just unhappy he didn't handle the figure. That's what bugged me. I wanna know if you can push the ab crunch down and fill in that gap. I wanna know how stable he is with those boots. I don't wanna stare at the figure and see the guy point to the problem. Pick up the figure and show it to me.

Who is he on here? I like his candor.

why should he have to FUTZ at all he was just showing us how the figure is out of the box and not trying to hide any imperfections

Who is he on here? I like his candor.

If he's a member, whoops.

why should he have to FUTZ at all he was just showing us how the figure is out of the box and not trying to hide any imperfections

You can show me the imperfection, and show if it is easily fixable by moving pieces on the figure.

*****es don't know a bout my DX 12 Batman.

:lol

I mean no offense to canadians but the pronunciation of 'about' is just bizarre to me. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the accent at all. For my ears its a really wierd thing to hear. Every other word sounds exactly as I would expect and then suddenly one word :lol Where'd that come from??? I'll stop now.

Either way, can that elbow armor be fixed with futzing?

Doubt it. It's attached to the gauntlet so it'll just stick out however it's posed and never line up with the True Type elbow. It might if the gauntlet was a softer plastic or if the elbow was glued into place (but still flexible for poses) but I imagine the entire gauntlet is hard plastic.

It'll the elbows will look awkward every time, like so,

BatmanHD3_zps87a6acb9.jpg

BatmanHD30_zps563e6649.jpg

BatmanHD100_zps12c20e33.jpg

BatmanHD118_zps498d248a.jpg

I think he got it backwards, he said the cowl and the neck look good but the body looks bad. :lol

Either way, can that elbow armor be fixed with futzing?

Ahh what the **** does it matter anyways, i'm selling mine.

Yeah, he complained about everything everyone else has been happy about, and liked everything I've heard everyone else complain about. :dunno

Looks like the elbow pads should be glued down though. I'm not sure how that would have affected articulation:

dark-knight-rises.jpg

Last edited:

I think he said it best that the idea was good just the execution wasn't. And as much as in trying to think its a QC issue with the first batch, I fear that the rest won't be much different

I sold my DX02 a few months back...with the intention of buying the TDKR figure. Now that ultimately wasn't going to happen for another reason altogether but if I knew how this figure would turn out I probably woulda just kept the DX02 really. Even if this figure is an improvement, its not enough of one.

I always thought that it was stupid that the elbow pads were attached to the gauntlets in the film anyway. It's just a peculiar design. Look how ugly that looks in the photo above.

Not sure what Hot Toys could have done. Make the gauntlets flexible and non-removable by gluing them down (making the elbows pads static)?

Soft plastic or rubber gauntlets kind of defeat the purpose of having them.

I sold my DX02 a few months back...with the intention of buying the TDKR figure. Now that ultimately wasn't going to happen for another reason altogether but if I knew how this figure would turn out I probably woulda just kept the DX02 really. Even if this figure is an improvement, its not enough of one.

Which is what I've been thinking as well. I sold off my DX02 to replace with the DX12 and I'm starting to regret it big time now. Slight improvements don't warrant another $300 imo. At this point it's too late for me to complain.

I always thought that it was stupid that the elbow pads were attached to the gauntlets in the film anyway. It's just a peculiar design. Look how ugly that looks in the photo above.

Not sure what Hot Toys could have done. Make the gauntlets flexible and non-removable by gluing them down (making the elbows pads static)?

Soft plastic or rubber gauntlets kind of defeat the purpose of having them/

I know, right? :lol

:lol

I mean no offense to canadians but the pronunciation of 'about' is just bizarre to me. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the accent at all. For my ears its a really wierd thing to hear. Every other word sounds exactly as I would expect and then suddenly one word :lol Where'd that come from??? I'll stop now.

904d4b984a716a15918f4826556da80a.jpg

the knee caps is stuck on, the elbow cap is attached to the gauntlet harder plastic no much bend in them. left unattached is one of HTs take it or leave it design. :D which they are getting pretty good at.

the knee caps is stuck on, the elbow cap is attached to the gauntlet harder plastic no much bend in them. left unattached is one of HTs take it or leave it design. :D which they are getting pretty good at.

I'm okay with the elbow pads. I'm an articulation junky moreso than accuracy, so if this was the only way for them not to hinder the elbows, I'll take it.

Soft plastic or rubber gauntlets kind of defeat the purpose of having them.

It's an armored, padded suit anyway. Does he even need a thin rubber elbow pad the size of a fifty cent piece?

I agree, even though sticking out looks crappy, what could they do really?

Back