HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Why would you guys sell the DX02 without seeing this production piece. It's not like HTs has the greatest of reputation of hitting HRs lately. I may still get this but I'll wait till after Christmas.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

904d4b984a716a15918f4826556da80a.jpg

:lol :monkey3 You have license to laugh at something Irish.

Why would you guys sell the DX02 without seeing this production piece. It's not like HTs has the greatest of reputation of hitting HRs lately. I may still get this but I'll wait till after Christmas.

So as to maximise the return on DX02. I mean, most of us probably figured DX12 would certainly not be worse than DX02 so it seemed like a safe prediction that the value of DX02 would drop at least somewhat after DX12 came out. Thus better to sell it before.

Last edited:

It's an armored, padded suit anyway. Does he even need a thin rubber elbow pad the size of a fifty cent piece?

I agree, even though sticking out looks crappy, what could they do really?

Get rid of the elbows pads?

Sure some people would ***** that it's not accurate and question why they're not there, but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't mind some artistic changes for the figure, as long as it looked good and was as accurate as it could be (sans the elbows of course).

Sure some people would ***** that it's not accurate and question why they're not there, but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't mind some artistic changes for the figure, as long as it looked good and was as accurate as it could be (sans the elbows of course).

If you glued them down would that do anything severe?

QFT. :lecture:lecture:goodpost:

After seeing this at SDCC, I figured I better keep my DX 02 until I see the production fig.

Who gives a sh** about the suit, the cowl sculpt and mouthplates are awful. :lol

I'm okay with the elbow pads. I'm an articulation junky moreso than accuracy, so if this was the only way for them not to hinder the elbows, I'll take it.
i would like maybe copy the real design, rubber straps and elbow caps, attach hard plastic gauntlet to the rubber straps. but 1/6 scale let them off :lolin 1/4 scale:horror

I still have Dx02.:clap

I'll be adding this one as well and I'm not an uber Batfan. I don't like any other version of Batman in 1/6 scale.

i would like maybe copy the real design, rubber straps and elbow caps, attach hard plastic gauntlet to the rubber straps. but 1/6 scale let them off :lolin 1/4 scale:horror

Them we'd just here *****ing about HT using rubber on a figure again.

I guess the elbow pads could have been separate from the gauntlets, and glued to the suit. In any case, including what we have, accuracy isn't being met 100% anyway. It seems plausible that there really isn't a truly accurate solution for this in 1/6.

overall not a perfect shrinked version of bats, but glad to had sold the DX02 for this while the pricing worked in my favor. at the end of the day, this is still but an action figure. proportions & detailing will never compare to the live one.

I'm confused:panic: I currently own the bb toy fair batman and the 89 batman, I like the dkr's suit and never picked up the dx02, so that being the case the figure to me does have some issues from what I've seen, but not sure if there that bad as to say ****** it, the price is kinda high to soooo:gah: not sure if I want it or not. Whats to concensus on the bruce wayne head, is it better or worst than the toy fair one?

I guess the elbow pads could have been separate from the gauntlets, and glued to the suit. In any case, including what we have, accuracy isn't being met 100% anyway. It seems plausible that there really isn't a truly accurate solution for this in 1/6.

The big question is, will it be anymore accurate in 1/4??

I'm confused:panic: I currently own the bb toy fair batman and the 89 batman, I like the dkr's suit and never picked up the dx02, so that being the case the figure to me does have some issues from what I've seen, but not sure if there that bad as to say ****** it, the price is kinda high to soooo:gah: not sure if I want it or not. Whats to concensus on the bruce wayne head, is it better or worst than the toy fair one?

Could be my opinion but I find the Wayne sculpt with the DX12 superior. And if this is the first dk/dkr Batman you're getting, get the DX12

not a bad idea. once this is in hand, I'll see what it looks liek and if I don't like it, I may just do that. I already know that I'm cutting away the wrist area of the gloves to 1) increase wrist articulation and 2) in TDKR, the gloves were tucked into the gauntlets so it would be more accurate for TDKR

better

Pics I've seen of the 1/4 don't show the elbow pads sticking out.

Were the pads on the DX12 always sticking out? Or is this something that came about with the final version?

Could be my opinion but I find the Wayne sculpt with the DX12 superior. And if this is the first dk/dkr Batman you're getting, get the DX12

Never concidered getting the dx02 cause the leaky ab thing completely turned me off, and comparing this dx12 to dx02 seems like a joke even with the issues on this the new version is really better for a number of reasons including the wayne head. This seems like a nice figure but does have some odd issues, I'm not to picky for every detail being perfect but at this prices the figure should be without defects. I think I will likey end up getting one but have'nt committed to that yet.

Back