HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Why is everyone complaining about everyone complaining?

I guess the inherent humor in this thread is lost on most people?

I think its great fun?:dunno

Medix still wins.

Yes, by a longshot. Wish I had one.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Why is everyone complaining about everyone complaining?

I guess the inherent humor in this thread is lost on most people?

I think its great fun?:dunno

Yes, by a longshot. Wish I had one.

Stop questioning why people are complaining about people complaining. Doosh.

I think this one looks ok but I can see why it's getting such mixed reviews. Ok just doesn't cut it when we are look at a DX figure.

Do I sell my Batsuit Begins to fund this one?

I wouldn't recommend it unless you REALLY want this one. I'm not sure of DX02 prices ATM so this may be a cheaper alternative. I'm perfectly happy with my DX02 so I just can't justify the price for this one.

Of course, once I get my EB Bats I'll probably tell you to unload everything except that one if you can get it. :lol

So freakin happy I jumped on this. My DX02 has been kinda bugging me with its beer belly and weird neck. The cowl/face in the movies are rediculous to begin with so DX02 or DX12 cowls do not bother me.. love it

So freakin happy I jumped on this. My DX02 has been kinda bugging me with its beer belly and weird neck. The cowl/face in the movies are rediculous to begin with so DX02 or DX12 cowls do not bother me.. love it

I'm looking at my DX02 right now. No such beer belly. You sure you're not mistaking for the MMS71?

I like it a lot. The body looks fantastic, and the head looks better than the prototype. Bale sculpt is sublime.

I have to say, I never liked the DX02, the body proportions looked too off, especially from the chest plates to his chin, looks like a giraffe, but this, I immediately fell in love with. I think it looks fantastic, best Dark Knight figure HT has released to date. And those pics, everyone I show it to seems to think they're real photos of Bale in the suit. That never, ever happened with the DX-02.

As a newcomer to the forums I'd like to point out something. I'm studying visual communication design and my primary area is 3D modelling. When we've spent so much time with something we like, we start seeing it as perfect, and anything that comes after it; well; imperfect. Something similar is when you're looking at model A, you see more imperfections than you would see in B, because you've spent so much time looking at it. Granted, the DX-12 has a lot of room for improvements, and a lot of you are expecting absolute perfection for the price (totally right) but anyone who has an objective eye can see how much improvement there's been over the DX-02 and the DX-12. Still think they could have done a better job, but this is THE definitive Batman figure for me.

8055774246_a27d8dd476_b.jpg

Last edited:

As far as the faces go, I can't complain. If people didn't like them, they should've spoke up. They fixed the bat, and the cowl looks like it's improved, do they do listen, but I rarely saw anyone complaining about the faces, with the exception of the screaming one.

As far as the faces go, I can't complain. If people didn't like them, they should've spoke up. They fixed the bat, and the cowl looks like it's improved, do they do listen, but I rarely saw anyone complaining about the faces, with the exception of the screaming one.

Are you serious?:lol:lol

Does anyone think it's kind of weird that Hot Toys sort of screwed up Batman and Bane for Rises? That's Batman and the main villain for a new freaking batman movie screwed up, I'm curious how good they'll do sales wise.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you REALLY want this one. I'm not sure of DX02 prices ATM so this may be a cheaper alternative. I'm perfectly happy with my DX02 so I just can't justify the price for this one.

Of course, once I get my EB Bats I'll probably tell you to unload everything except that one if you can get it. :lol

Oh I got Enterbay's Batman and thus all this palava just passes me buy.
I am trying hard not to act smug! :D
(you will too when you get it believe me. it's beyond awesome man!!)

This is precisley why I don't need the HT Batsuit Begins figure anymore.
I feel I should have a DK Batman though as that was the most used costume.
And while I am sure the 1:4 HT DK Batman will be awesome, Begins is my fav of the movies so I will have BB in 1:4 scale and DK in 1:6 scale.

Well thats a non-refundable $300 down the drain. Won't be doing this again HT.
I mean seriously, how can we think this is good on any level?

8055775314_5dfdf71e76_b.jpg

I honesty thought Batman had braces in this pick. :slap

Yeah, that open mouth piece is a goner.

Yup real bad. But from the new pics, I am eating my words, because from some angles, man, I can't but help and see Christian Bale in the cowl. Looks great. But then from other angles, meh.

Back