HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The DX02 had far better faceplates in my opinion.:lecture
Does anybody know if the DX02 faceplates will work on this guy? :dunno

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

ht_tdkrfigure_balehead_comparison.jpg

gatsby-facial-wash-oil-control-4-5.jpg

Well, I don't know if it is just the quality of these pictures compared to the last, and I am by no means a Hot Toys fan boy, but some of the shots taken are quite good, I think.
For example, the picture I have attached looks quite good.
But I do agree with most of what you said. There is not a lot of Bale present in most shots, only some, and that is just not good enough.
But she suit and Bruce head sculpt have blown me away. I think this is one area that Hot Toys did a real good job in.

I understand but for myself, paying another 300 dollars for an improved body and armor doesn't add up. I have gone through all the new pictures with a fine toothed comb to see if I could justify any reason I should part with my DX02 for the DX12. If I see a picture where the cross eyed/bloodshot look is not present, the mouth sculpts kill the cowl for me. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me and that's fine. But I'm not willing to pay for this.

I have yet to see any angle where Bale is present. I only see him in the Wayne head sculpt for obvious reasons but nothing in the cowl. All I see based on the mouth sculpts Hot Toys provided us is a very angry and disturbed man

Guy who dresses up like a bat, clearly has issues... :cuckoo:

Well, I don't know if it is just the quality of these pictures compared to the last, and I am by no means a Hot Toys fan boy, but some of the shots taken are quite good, I think.
For example, the picture I have attached looks quite good.
But I do agree with most of what you said. There is not a lot of Bale present in most shots, only some, and that is just not good enough.
But she suit and Bruce head sculpt have blown me away. I think this is one area that Hot Toys did a real good job in.

Couldn't agree with you more. The production shots have me blown away. It totally deserves the 290$ price tag for me. :yess:

The good,

- great gauntlets
- they fixed the bat symbol on the chest
- the body looks great
- armor is executed perfectly
- better neck piece

The meh,

- sticky bomb gun . . . again! (great accessory though, one of my all time favorites)
- Bruce Wayne headsculpt (better than Toy Fairs Begins, their best to date but, eh, how much better?)
- base
- box design

The ugly,

- cowl head
- mouth pieces
- PERS
- accessories
- crappy EMP gun with pathetic LED lights (the glow is weak as hell, nothing like the specs/pics)

While I disagree on some of the negative parts you've posted, the EMP gun can be remedied with the use of reflective metallic tape applied at the base of the LEDs. Yeah, it's expensive and shouldn't require modding but what the heck. :dunno

I like the Box design. :lecture

It's a little plain, I think.:lecture
Inside though, looks amazing. Especially the Bat blueprints and the chalk drawn bat. The the front however, I think is a little bland.

Thanks for posting this picture.. I've noticed this little detail which is a differencre from the proto and is IMO the nose is shorter (in the vertical line) on the proto.. that makes the head sculpt look a bit off. Also I don't like the eyes looking up on the final product.

Nah I didn't die :lol

I'm on holiday in Gotham Ci... I mean Chicago :lol

You need to stop at DiFabio's and Jyecat's house. :tap

Well, ok....at least Jyecat's house, DiFabio probably doesn't want anyone to know what he looks like. :lol

The Christian Bale sculpt on the prototype was so amazing that I honestly doubted that the final production piece could even come close to ever live up to it, but man, it really looks like it does.

I understand but for myself, paying another 300 dollars for an improved body and armor doesn't add up. I have gone through all the new pictures with a fine toothed comb to see if I could justify any reason I should part with my DX02 for the DX12. If I see a picture where the cross eyed/bloodshot look is not present, the mouth sculpts kill the cowl for me. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me and that's fine. But I'm not willing to pay for this.

I agree. What I meant was that in some shots, there can be a good likeness, but in most, there is not. This is not good enough.
And once again, I agree with you, you should not be willing to pay for this either, it's just not worth the money. With a price tag this big, the good:bad ratio should be about 90:10, not 50:50, which in my opinion is the case here. I think the body and accessories look so good because the cowl/mouthplates look so bad. This is not a positive thing.:lecture

By this do you mean you think the medi is better than the DX12?

Medi is no good without some modding done. The head sculpt is spot on, just needs to be widened a bit. Have to mod the chest, repaint, etc.

I agree. What I meant was that in some shots, there can be a good likeness, but in most, there is not. This is not good enough.
And once again, I agree with you, you should not be willing to pay for this either, it's just not worth the money. With a price tag this big, the good:bad ratio should be about 90:10, not 50:50, which in my opinion is the case here. I think the body and accessories look so good because the cowl/mouthplates look so bad. This is not a positive thing.:lecture

I agree too. Once they start selling this piece by piece, I might consider picking up the body and Wayne sculpt. Other than that, nothing really worth getting

Back