1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mark 47 is ******ing Gorgeous !!
c2d1081da93dfc4519d8b8f2c6ba346b.jpg
3ba01b167f19321ba5b17c38d7446025.jpg
It really is. Congrats on getting it.

All people did was complain about HT double dipping with this and the 46, complaining about it being a repaint.

It really is a great release with all the extras. Secondary market agrees.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I felt the same way but there’s something about this suit that just pops on my shelf . I absolutely love it !

I don't get how it can be laziness. There are 47+ suits already at this point. It's also pretty amazing that there's almost always a radically different suit each time IM shows up in a movie. I think they do pretty well!

Also, Mark 43. :)

Difference there is that the 43 actually functioned unlike the joke machine of the 42. There were better 3 second screen time suits in the house party protocol scene:lol

46 and 47 really do come down to a paint job it seems

43 had a good go but the 42 did have that great rescue sequence.

I dunno, I don't think Tony needed to have a brand new suit for his appearance in Homecoming. He didn't really do much anyway and it was probably just a rebuild of the 46 that didn't get fully painted before he brought it out :lol

Either way, love the 46 and 47. I'm just not one for the repaints of the suits that don't exist in the MCU i.e Milk WM, Gunmetal, Stealth, Retro etc.

43 had a good go but the 42 did have that great rescue sequence.

I dunno, I don't think Tony needed to have a brand new suit for his appearance in Homecoming. He didn't really do much anyway and it was probably just a rebuild of the 46 that didn't get fully painted before he brought it out :lol

Either way, love the 46 and 47. I'm just not one for the repaints of the suits that don't exist in the MCU i.e Milk WM, Gunmetal, Stealth, Retro etc.

42 is my Pepper suit since the day i unpacked it. Always have had the Pepper HS helmet on it. I do love SOME of the repaints. Milk WM i think is better looking on the shelf than my normal DC WM and the Retro sneaky is a gorgeous piece.
I really wish i did not like repaints (or IM or HT) i could have saved a lot of cash :lol

42 is my Pepper suit since the day i unpacked it. Always have had the Pepper HS helmet on it. I do love SOME of the repaints. Milk WM i think is better looking on the shelf than my normal DC WM and the Retro sneaky is a gorgeous piece.
I really wish i did not like repaints (or IM or HT) i could have saved a lot of cash :lol

You and me both :lol

I pretty much collect ONLY IM (not really) and I'm overwhelmed sometimes.

Damn Subzro, your comment fits perfectly into what I wanted to address in this thread, my unadulterated love of everything IM/WM, repaints that are superior to originals and the love/hate that had been the talk of the Mk. XLVII.

Firstly, agreed on Retro Sneaky x10000 and Milk/SE WM (though I do love the diecast re-release), Mk. XLII was absolutely my “Rescue” suit as soon as the first aftermarket Potts helmeted headsculpt was released (and subsequently swapped out for the minor upgrade that came with the Potts/Mk. IX bundle) plus I prefer Retro Bones over OG Bones, Gamma>Striker, Tank>Heartbreaker (I know I’m probably the only person who prefers Tank) and while I wouldn’t say that Mk. VII SZ is actually superior to all the other Mk. VII’s, it is one of my favorite variants.

Now onto the love/hate of the Mk. XLVII... When the figure was announced there seemed to be 2 major camps: 1. People loved it mainly because it reminded them of the Ultimate Armor or just liked the color scheme. 2. People who hated it because it was just a repaint, or an “unfinished armor” or the cash grab or the Marvel laziness excuse.

What’s made me want to comment on this is the seemingly 180° turn a bunch of people took when seeing the final product, movie or reviews. I’ve heard and read comments where people think it’s superior to the Mk. XLVI, comments about the clean headsculpt being a huge selling point and even more so the empty helmet (which hasn’t been on an IM figure since the Mk. II AU). I’m not trying to start anything here, I just wanted to voice my praise for the HT IM line. It’s my addiction; I buy them all (excluding the Power Pose and the plastic re-releases). And honestly, I’m a fan of both 46 & 47 but having my 47 posed with the open helmet with all the nice silver/gunmetal pieces, it’s just striking In my opinion.

Damn Subzro, your comment fits perfectly into what I wanted to address in this thread, my unadulterated love of everything IM/WM, repaints that are superior to originals and the love/hate that had been the talk of the Mk. XLVII.

Firstly, agreed on Retro Sneaky x10000 and Milk/SE WM (though I do love the diecast re-release), Mk. XLII was absolutely my “Rescue” suit as soon as the first aftermarket Potts helmeted headsculpt was released (and subsequently swapped out for the minor upgrade that came with the Potts/Mk. IX bundle) plus I prefer Retro Bones over OG Bones, Gamma>Striker, Tank>Heartbreaker (I know I’m probably the only person who prefers Tank) and while I wouldn’t say that Mk. VII SZ is actually superior to all the other Mk. VII’s, it is one of my favorite variants.

Now onto the love/hate of the Mk. XLVII... When the figure was announced there seemed to be 2 major camps: 1. People loved it mainly because it reminded them of the Ultimate Armor or just liked the color scheme. 2. People who hated it because it was just a repaint, or an “unfinished armor” or the cash grab or the Marvel laziness excuse.

What’s made me want to comment on this is the seemingly 180° turn a bunch of people took when seeing the final product, movie or reviews. I’ve heard and read comments where people think it’s superior to the Mk. XLVI, comments about the clean headsculpt being a huge selling point and even more so the empty helmet (which hasn’t been on an IM figure since the Mk. II AU). I’m not trying to start anything here, I just wanted to voice my praise for the HT IM line. It’s my addiction; I buy them all (excluding the Power Pose and the plastic re-releases). And honestly, I’m a fan of both 46 & 47 but having my 47 posed with the open helmet with all the nice silver/gunmetal pieces, it’s just striking In my opinion.
Yeah I agree with your main point of view about the IM line. Great figures.

I really wish I had picked up a 2nd Mark 47 figure at retail when I had the chance. True work of art.

It is suddenly just gone from every retailer.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back