1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

They reused the same suit in two different movies (mk6). Maybe that's the case. A incomplete mk 46

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Bingo!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Quite an existential crisis over a suit we haven't even seen rendered in anything but low end figures and plush toys yet.

It is kinda curious that so many seem to not want this to be Mark 47.

They reused the same suit in two different movies (mk6). Maybe that's the case. A incomplete mk 46

If you count IM3 & Avengers 1 they used the Mk. VII in those 2 as well. I'd honestly count IM3 & AoU with the 42/43 as well since the only difference we know is paint.

I totally believe this will be the next IM suit but not convinced they are going to continue the numbering.

Agreed! Maybe we should wait for the movie to come out. If it is the suit featured in Homecoming, maybe there is a reason for the gunmetal coloring in the mid-section. Maybe Tony has to repair the Mark 46 quickly and doesn't have the time or supplies to to paint it, who knows? As far as not liking it, when a collectible of character I enjoy comes out and I'm not crazy about it I try think of it this way........not buying it allows me to save money to buy something else I really like.

I just don't want this to be real, since I believe it's highly unlikely we'll see two different suits in this movie. Therefore, I wouldn't want Marvel to waste an opportunity to design a new cool iron man suit.

If this is a real thing, it actually makes no difference if it's called mk 46 prototype or mk 47. We'll have a boring suit in either case.

On the bright side for anyone who isn't a fan of the new suit, you can probably bet it'll only get one action scene in the movie.

Agreed! Maybe we should wait for the movie to come out.

I think ive posted that many times but people in here keep insisting one way or another. :monkey4

I just don't want this to be real, since I believe it's highly unlikely we'll see two different suits in this movie. Therefore, I wouldn't want Marvel to waste an opportunity to design a new cool iron man suit.

If this is a real thing, it actually makes no difference if it's called mk 46 prototype or mk 47. We'll have a boring suit in either case.

Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean that this isn't a chance to "design a cool new suit", this is a new design and it's clearly a nod to the Ultimates suit. There are 46 different Iron Men already, if this is the first one you didn't like then bully for you. I don't like the 45 or 46, I didn't buy those figures and life goes on.

And I highly doubt this will be the first time in the entire MCU they just start having suits without Mark numbers. Half the HPP are prototypes of one another and they still have numbers. The 42 was a proto, it has a number. 43 only exists because Joss prefers red to gold. Centurion, Python, 45, and 46 etc are all very specific nods to comic designs without any in universe justification for it either, there isn't much reason to assume this would be different.

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thunder ��
Why would you take it like that? I'm simply agreeing with your point..... You must be really friendly in person.

Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean that this isn't a chance to "design a cool new suit", this is a new design and it's clearly a nod to the Ultimates suit. There are 46 different Iron Men already, if this is the first one you didn't like then bully for you. I don't like the 45 or 46, I didn't buy those figures and life goes on.

And I highly doubt this will be the first time in the entire MCU they just start having suits without Mark numbers. Half the HPP are prototypes of one another and they still have numbers. The 42 was a proto, it has a number. 43 only exists because Joss prefers red to gold. Centurion, Python, 45, and 46 etc are all very specific nods to comic designs without any in universe justification for it either, there isn't much reason to assume this would be different.

On the contrary. It's exactly because I don't like the new design that I think Marvel is wasting an opportunity to give us a cool new armor.

If you like the repaint, good for you. I guess I still have the rights to express my own opinions, right? I don't think it's a cool new design. Therefore, I think it's a waste of opportunity.

Combined screen time of Tony Stark and Mark Ultimate Forty unpainted proto whatever................90 seconds. :lol

Why would you take it like that? I'm simply agreeing with your point..... You must be really friendly in person.

I didn't, I was trying to be funny. I agree with you too. No hard feelings :)

You no like the 45 or 46?!?!?!? U crazy man!

You no like the 45 or 46?!?!?!? U crazy man!

45 is too organic, curved, and bulbous for my tastes, lacking a brow line on the faceplate, overall the helm is too rounded, distracting finish. The special effects looking completely unfinished in the film don't help my overall negative perception of it, and I otherwise love AoU more than most people. 46 not as bad in those areas, but the mini arcs are superfluous, the legs are too unbroken red, and either the smoother design or the VFX work again (someone keep Method studios away from the Iron Men) make it distractingly CGish on film. And in diecast form all the lines are too heavy and blunt anyway. Waist up its ok, but eh. Don't like either. Hulkbuster has been the last armor on film I've enjoyed the design of without reservation.

Maybe an Ultimates colorway will improve the 46 chassis, I'm interested to see it at least. Looks like Method is working on Homecoming so I'm not expecting much from it on film, but one can hope.

Nope. Hasbro rep at Toy Fair said it's Tony's new suit. And for the three billionth time, Homecoming is not a prequel to Civil War.

Back