1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thread

Never mind saw this is an old picture

Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

Nope. Hasbro rep at Toy Fair said it's Tony's new suit. And for the three billionth time, Homecoming is not a prequel to Civil War.

It will be Tony's suit in the movie. Nobody is arguing that anymore... BUT, It IS a re-colored mark 46 and nothing any Hasbro rep says will change that... And nobody said it was a prequel, not even sure where you're getting that from, but there will likely be scenes that take place during CW / Before the airport battle, so dial back the dramatic attitude.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS??? - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII? Speculation Thr

It will be Tony's suit in the movie. Nobody is arguing that anymore... BUT, It IS a re-colored mark 46 and nothing any Hasbro rep says will change that..

Uh, I never said it wasn't. I said it's not an unfinished/unpainted Mark 46 like some people keep suggesting it is, presumably reasoning that this is a prequel to Civil War and this is simply what the Mark 46 looked like before the airport battle.

so dial back the dramatic attitude.

Hilarious.

Uh, I never said it wasn't. I said it's not an unfinished/unpainted Mark 46 like some people keep suggesting it is, presumably reasoning that this is a prequel to Civil War and this is simply what the Mark 46 looked like before the airport battle.

Hilarious.

Hahaha, for sure, nobody has been more dramatic on here than Das "I really don't like this mark seriously guys can you tell how much I hate this thing" Muse. :rotfl

I never said I hated it. Hell i've even said the coloring is starting to grow on me, but using quotes to type something I never said is pretty cool of you.

I said I don't think a re-painted armor is worth a new mark, and I still don't. And i've only stated what I hope it's NOT. I've even said since Tony likely doesn't have a big part in the movie, it makes sense to re-use 46... But if a toy rep for a basic retail toy line said it's a brand new suit, it must be true. It only looks exactly the same, but half-painted, right?
Until it's stated officially that it is Mark 47, I refuse to believe it is, which was my point the entire time. Even when they do, I still won't like it, but I will shut-up about it then :lol

Last edited:

43 was a recoloured 42 so it's a pretty safe bet that this is the 47.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

43 was a recoloured 42 so it's a pretty safe bet that this is the 47.

Once again, 42 was a prototype, 43 the final product... 46 was not a prototype, or at least it was never stated that it was.

But if this armor has some amazing new feature that 46 didn't have, then I can accept it. I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Once again, 42 was a prototype, 43 the final product... 46 was not a prototype, or at least it was never stated that it was.

But if this armor has some amazing new feature that 46 didn't have, then I can accept it. I just don't see it happening.

Prototype or not, the 42 still got its own Mark designation. With that logic, if the half-painted suit is a prototype, then wouldn't that be the Mk46? With the Mk47 being the CW armor?

I don't care either way tbh. I'm not buying it. But no matter what anyone says or how convinced anyone feels about their own theories, no one is right at this point.

Prototype or not, the 42 still got its own Mark designation. With that logic, if the half-painted suit is a prototype, then wouldn't that be the Mk46? With the Mk47 being the CW armor?

I don't care either way tbh. I'm not buying it. But no matter what anyone says or how convinced anyone feels about their own theories, no one is right at this point.

I'm not claiming to be right, i'm just stating what I hope is right. You're right, nobody knows for sure at this point.

I'm not claiming to be right, i'm just stating what I hope is right. You're right, nobody knows for sure at this point.

Whatever Mark it is, I just hope it doesn't play too big of a role in Spider-Man's movie. I worry that if it is the Mk47, we end up with a team-up movie in the 3rd act. But if it's a half-painted Mk46, that means he finished painting it right before showing up at the airport, which seems like an odd time to worry about aesthetics. Though he is narcissistic so I guess it's possible...

Whatever Mark it is, I just hope it doesn't play too big of a role in Spider-Man's movie. I worry that if it is the Mk47, we end up with a team-up movie in the 3rd act. But if it's a half-painted Mk46, that means he finished painting it right before showing up at the airport, which seems like an odd time to worry about aesthetics. Though he is narcissistic so I guess it's possible...

There has been no mark indication for any of the toys yet. I know that doesn't really mean much at this point, but it also could mean that in order to keep Iron Man away from primary focus, they may just not give it a mark indication (which would be a first) and refer to him as just Iron Man or it may actually just be mark 46 colored differently. But of course if they don't say what it is, people will just assume its 47 until we see what he's wearing in Infinity War... Every theory has holes at this point, so who knows. But i'm with you in that I don't want Iron Man to be in any battles with Spidey, at least not any major ones.

Last edited:

Honestly I don't mind this possibility being the Mark 47. I like the aesthetic of the Mark 46
Design and I've always liked the look and color palette of the Ultimate Armor. This will
simply be the best of both worlds and remove the need of buying the Mark 46.

So because the 46 was fully developed that means the next armour won't be given a number despite every single armour of the 46 so far having been given a number? Come on mate. What's the problem with it being the 47 anyway?

Do you know why the 43 is exactly the same as the 42 only red? It is because Joss wanted a red armor and not a gold one. It is not because there is some elaborate backstory happening with Tony Stark, it is because the people making the movie had an anesthetic choice, and the copy that they put in the art books makes up a paragraph of backstory to fit it.

Why is there 36 armors in Iron Man 3 but seemingly many of them are just repaints and parts of others? Because Digital Domain and Weta had the resources to model 12 hero suits, and the rest had to be made of those assets. And then write a backstory about prototypes and variants and etc etc.

We'll know once the movie comes out, but it looks like this is happening- Homecoming crew: Iron Man is in this, we'd like to change up the suit a bit to give this movie its own distinct visual of Iron Man, but he's probably in it for once scene so spending months to top to bottom design a new armor is not plausible. Art team: here are some new colorways based on the 46 chassis (they do this for every movie, all the art books are full of many colors of Iron Man, one or more designs was clearly inspired by Ultimate Iron Man). Director: I like that one. -end scene-

There will be some discussion in the art book and press tour, but it will boil down to "we wanted it to be different and that's what we picked." An intern will write up a few lines to go with the action figures and art books about why the suit looks like this (did you know the 46 has mini arcs because it was envisioned as a stealth suit and those were there to illuminate the environment and project an image of what is behind it? Of course it never came up but that was how the concept art people justified a bleeding edge inspired suit. In the film the justification was literally nothing. It just looks cool and comic book fans will squeal and clap their hands).

Its not "half painted" and oh, Tony has to tear it out of the fabrication machine and run off to battle. It is designed and painted to have a grey/silver midsection. Its a nod to Ultimate. Its a way to give a short Iron Man presence a unique look without breaking the bank and making an all new armor. There will be some justification for it that will probably not be mentioned anywhere but in the caption of some concept art, but it will boil down to a visual preference that the people making the movie had. And it will have a Mark number. The idea that this just isn't "special" enough to be "honored" with a Mark number is ridiculous. THERE ARE 46 SUITS ALREADY, in just six movies. And half of them are just repaints, including 2 of the beloved "original 7", and several never appeared on screen at all. It is not an exclusive club that a suit with 10 seconds of airtime and a repainted chassis isn't worthy of, considering that describes most of the members of that club already.

Do you know why the 43 is exactly the same as the 42 only red? It is because Joss wanted a red armor and not a gold one. It is not because there is some elaborate backstory happening with Tony Stark, it is because the people making the movie had an anesthetic choice, and the copy that they put in the art books makes up a paragraph of backstory to fit it.

Why is there 36 armors in Iron Man 3 but seemingly many of them are just repaints and parts of others? Because Digital Domain and Weta had the resources to model 12 hero suits, and the rest had to be made of those assets. And then write a backstory about prototypes and variants and etc etc.

We'll know once the movie comes out, but it looks like this is happening- Homecoming crew: Iron Man is in this, we'd like to change up the suit a bit to give this movie its own distinct visual of Iron Man, but he's probably in it for once scene so spending months to top to bottom design a new armor is not plausible. Art team: here are some new colorways based on the 46 chassis (they do this for every movie, all the art books are full of many colors of Iron Man, one or more designs was clearly inspired by Ultimate Iron Man). Director: I like that one. -end scene-

There will be some discussion in the art book and press tour, but it will boil down to "we wanted it to be different and that's what we picked." An intern will write up a few lines to go with the action figures and art books about why the suit looks like this (did you know the 46 has mini arcs because it was envisioned as a stealth suit and those were there to illuminate the environment and project an image of what is behind it? Of course it never came up but that was how the concept art people justified a bleeding edge inspired suit. In the film the justification was literally nothing. It just looks cool and comic book fans will squeal and clap their hands).

Its not "half painted" and oh, Tony has to tear it out of the fabrication machine and run off to battle. It is designed and painted to have a grey/silver midsection. Its a nod to Ultimate. Its a way to give a short Iron Man presence a unique look without breaking the bank and making an all new armor. There will be some justification for it that will probably not be mentioned anywhere but in the caption of some concept art, but it will boil down to a visual preference that the people making the movie had. And it will have a Mark number. The idea that this just isn't "special" enough to be "honored" with a Mark number is ridiculous. THERE ARE 46 SUITS ALREADY, in just six movies. And half of them are just repaints, including 2 of the beloved "original 7", and several never appeared on screen at all. It is not an exclusive club that a suit with 10 seconds of airtime and a repainted chassis isn't worthy of, considering that describes most of the members of that club already.

Hear! Hear!

tumblr_mms53nOd5V1ri9e9ho1_500.gif

I still like my theory best...it's the mark 46 transforming into stealth mode. Otherwise the fact that it's ugly is just my opinion.

I still like my theory best...it's the mark 46 transforming into stealth mode. Otherwise the fact that it's ugly is just my opinion.
You're not alone in thinking it's ugly. It's ugly as sin...

You're not alone in thinking it's ugly. It's ugly as sin...

Ugly indeed.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Back