1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this nearing $1k...what in the world is going on with prices on this and Mk 46? Demand? That can explain paying almost 3X original price that it was last year? :thud:

The better question is why does everyone care all the sudden? Everybody hated the paint scheme before. I still personally don't love it as I was never in to the Ultimate Universe, but the figure itself is definitely well executed.

Infinity War just made all the marvel figures hot again and seems like that price has extended to mk47 because hes a recent piece. :dunno

I’m not a big fan of either the 46 or 47. They are well done. Just not high on my list. Below most of the HPP suits actually, for me. So I can’t see paying these crazy prices.

I’m not a big fan of either the 46 or 47. They are well done. Just not high on my list. Below most of the HPP suits actually, for me. So I can’t see paying these crazy prices.

Yeah 46 took time to grow on me as a design.

Didn't really like it at first.
Liked what it did in the movie.
Figure was well executed.
Ended up buying it.

I imagine Mk50 will be a similar situation :lol

I can see why people like it. I actually like the 47 a wee bit more then the 46. Both figures are well done, agree with that.

I wasn’t sure about the 50 at first. The practical suit looked way to samurai to me. But the final CG looked much better. And I think the figure looks pretty cool. Still like pretty much all the classic 1-7 suits more though.

I missed out on some AoU figures and MOST Civil War figures. I am now trying to get them and seeing higher than expected prices on some of them too. Mainly Civil War. But I think there is some new blood being infused into Hot Toys collecting. And they are willing to pay. I'm sure at least some if not most is also IW hype. But that won't be stopping for a few years with another film coming out in less than a year.

Yeah I think your right. Between new collectors and lower (speculation) production numbers on the CW figures the prices are rising to meet demand.

Holy hell, when did prices on this one skyrocket to $800+ ? I was checking evilBay and most are listed at $1k. :horror

I'll wait the scalpers out. Maybe in 4-5 months when the Mark 2 and 4 come out the prices become more reasonable.
No way i'm paying $500+ for pre-owned. Brand new sealed.... maaaaaybe.

I can't believe this one sold a week ago for $500 with scratched legs and broken pieces :slap

The paint is a major part of this piece, it should have sold for much LESS than retail

I can't believe this one sold a week ago for $500 with scratched legs and broken pieces :slap

The paint is a major part of this piece, it should have sold for much LESS than retail

Did you buy it? Or at least bid on it? I'm not gonna lie I bid on it but wasn't gonna pay $500 for those defects.

Nope i was just looking on eBay to see what everyone was talking about. I ordered mine the day it went up for PO on SS. If it went cheap it would have been fun for a custom or something but $500 is just wrong. It was bid up to that price so i can't blame whoever sold it.

Unfortunately, it's not just scalpers doing this. Collectors all over Facebook 1/6 pages are talking about selling this, Dr Strange and other recent figures for big numbers like that too.

Unfortunately, it's not just scalpers doing this. Collectors all over Facebook 1/6 pages are talking about selling this, Dr Strange and other recent figures for big numbers like that too.

The Dr. Strange ship has sailed with the Infinity War version reveal.

All I know is for me to give up this armor id need at least $1500, its great, and likely wont see this paint scheme again

Back