1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he doesn't come with a flight stand, but the Spidey figures do and for some floating shots I used my Ultron Prime Stand because its much bigger and stronger. However all of the Hot Toys flight stands seems to have issues holding the full weight of a Diecast Iron Man figure :(

So for this one I just suspended him on some strong silky ribbon I had :lol Here's the Raw shot

G8cpjro.jpg

Lol, Nice! Resourceful.

Yeah, that's why I havent messed with the flight posed yet, cause I figured, to be truly secure, the clamp should be underneath the figure, clamping the belly part.
But that would be an eye soar.
I want to pose it like yours, but I'm worried I'll come home one day and he's on the floor of the shelf. :horror

Lol, Nice! Resourceful.

Yeah, that's why I havent messed with the flight posed yet, cause I figured, to be truly secure, the clamp should be underneath the figure, clamping the belly part.
But that would be an eye soar.
I want to pose it like yours, but I'm worried I'll come home one day and he's on the floor of the shelf. :horror
If there's a shelf or ceiling above your display case then maybe you could use some small screw in hooks and some invisible wire to suspend him?

If there's a shelf or ceiling above your display case then maybe you could use some small screw in hooks and some invisible wire to suspend him?

Might try that idea. I guess I'll play around first see if I'm actually ok with using the clamps. But if its distracting, I may try this.

Or you could use those sticky hook things if you don’t want to screw it in. I can’t recall the name but they are made by command. I have used those in detolfs before.

Edit-these things.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/

Might not feel secure using those. With the diecast figure being pretty heavy, I worry it might fall.
I've already had the misfortune of having a Hot toys Iron Man take a swan dive from the detolf, so I would really prefer the most secure route.

Nah those things can hold the figure no problem. A few have a 4lb rating. I hang expensive art pieces with them. Got a 1M print in a full wooden frame under two layers of high grade glass hanging on just one of those and it’s been on it for nearly 5 years. It was designed for large picture frames, but the clear smaller style hold plenty of weight. 2-4lbs the site says. More then enough for a figure. They hold just fine.

Nah those things can hold the figure no problem. A few have a 4lb rating. I hang expensive art pieces with them. Got a 1M print in a full wooden frame under two layers of high grade glass hanging on just one of those and it’s been on it for nearly 5 years. It was designed for large picture frames, but the clear smaller style hold plenty of weight. 2-4lbs the site says. More then enough for a figure. They hold just fine.

True, I'll consider it if I really cant stand the clamps.

Man, if anyone doesn't want the Tony Stark headsculpt that came with this...let me know. :pray:

How do you guys think this armor would’ve lasted against Thanos

Thanos crushed Hulk easily . Stark barely beat hulk with the hulkbuster and the hulkbuster is a lot stronger than this suit. So IMO it would have been over as fast as the thanos hulk fight but tony would be dead.

I am hoping after two weeks everyone has seen the film so i did not use the spoiler tag

Not very well.

Hypothetically and without the plot armor, Tony would’ve been an aluminum can in a recycling plant in any suit without nanotech. Huge difference in power level.

Without it he would not have been able to reform his helmet multiple times against being punched in the head repeatedly, wouldn’t have a massive shield to deflect big hits, wouldn’t be able to fly and strafe as efficiently or quickly, wouldn’t have had extra weapons for tactical flexibility, etc.

Not very well.

Hypothetically and without the plot armor, Tony would’ve been an aluminum can in a recycling plant in any suit without nanotech. Huge difference in power level.

Without it he would not have been able to reform his helmet multiple times against being punched in the head repeatedly, wouldn’t have a massive shield to deflect big hits, wouldn’t be able to fly and strafe as efficiently or quickly, wouldn’t have had extra weapons for tactical flexibility, etc.

I really think this was his throwaway armor while he was developing the nanotech. I don’t why people like it

I wouldn’t say throwaway. He’s still going to have the best and most technologically refined suit he can build ready even if he’s got something else in the works. That’s how real world tech is.

Like how he was using the 6 with 7 almost ready in Avengers, or how he was still wearing the 7 in IM3 (he wears it to lunch with Rhodey), probably because he was still working on the 42 and the 7 was combat tested.

Same with the 46/47. He’s going to wear the design as needed because it works and it’s been tested, until he felt the 50 and his nanotech was finally ready to be fielded.

I wouldn’t say throwaway. He’s still going to have the best and most technologically refined suit he can build ready even if he’s got something else in the works. That’s how real world tech is.

Like how he was using the 6 with 7 almost ready in Avengers, or how he was still wearing the 7 in IM3 (he wears it to lunch with Rhodey), probably because he was still working on the 42 and the 7 was combat tested.

Same with the 46/47. He’s going to wear the design as needed because it works and it’s been tested, until he felt the 50 and his nanotech was finally ready to be fielded.

I guess you have a point. This armor was controlled remotely so it was advanced

That and the 46 which this is based on took a beating at the airport (got smashed by cars, had internals messed up by Ant-Man, fought Giant-Man, etc.) but still held its own 2 v 1 versus Cap and Bucky, who both pack quite a punch in the MCU. Cap especially after TWS.

Cap especially after TWS.

TWS :drool

That movie redefined Cap in a big way. Really showed how powerful he was. One of my all time favorite movies.

I think the Mark 50 was great in IW. It was quite a leap in tech though and I feel they could have built up to it more slowly. I get it though. There was a lot they had to pack into IW and it already had a lengthy run time.

Back