Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing better than one Deadpool is 2 !

Now they can spoon...

!fdsafsdfsdfd.jpg

So is the body actually different on the v2 other than the wrists? Could the wider hips on the v1 be caused by thicker material? I've seen both bodies side by side and they look the same.

I'm just curious because I snagged a v2 suit, hands, and boots from Toy Anxiety to upgrade my v1 and I'm wondering how good it will turn out.

Last edited:
So is the body actually different on the v2 other than the wrists? Could the wider hips on the v1 be caused by thicker material? I've seen both bodies side by side and they look the same.

I'm just curious because I snagged a v2 suit, hands, and boots from Toy Anxiety to upgrade my v1 and I'm wondering how good it will turn out.

It's a bit darker too, your v1 head might not match

The head def won't match between V1 and V2. The V2 is much darker. After all that money spent if you get a headsculpt, could of just bought a V2 outright.

Just got mine delivered...but I'm at work. Looking forward to checking it out later tonight! :yess:

It's a bit darker too, your v1 head might not match
The head def won't match between V1 and V2. The V2 is much darker. After all that money spent if you get a headsculpt, could of just bought a V2 outright.

Im planning on painting the sculpt to match since buying the new sculpt would more than double the price. And comes with a bunch of eyes that I don't need since I could just use from my v1.

As is, new suit, boots, and hands cost me $50 from Toy Anxiety. Not bad for a full upgrade. I am just hoping the suit fits the old body well.

Im planning on painting the sculpt to match since buying the new sculpt would more than double the price. And comes with a bunch of eyes that I don't need since I could just use from my v1.

As is, new suit, boots, and hands cost me $50 from Toy Anxiety. Not bad for a full upgrade. I am just hoping the suit fits the old body well.

You could of just sold your v1 deadpool, then bought the deadpool 2 and sold off the bits you didn’t want & Ud have actually made money,
Don’t understand the thinking behind this one.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could of just sold your v1 deadpool, then bought the deadpool 2 and sold off the bits you didn’t want & Ud have actually made money,
Don’t understand the thinking behind this one.....?

I've tried the "selling the old and buying the new" tactic before. Usually I end up losing about $50 to upgrade anyway once all is said and done (ebay and paypal fees, the old figures going down in value, shipping, ect). Plus I've got to wait for it to sell for a fair price, which could take weeks or months.

Was easier for me to just spend the $50 and be done with it.

Last edited:
I've tried the "selling the old and buying the new" tactic before. Usually I end up losing about $50 to upgrade anyway once all is said and done (ebay and paypal fees, the old figures going down in value, shipping, ect). Plus I've got to wait for it to sell for a fair price, which could take weeks or months.

Was easier for me to just spend the $50 and be done with it.

If you were gonna lose $50 then you should have sold v1 and gotten v2...cause you ended up spending $50 and may end up with a maybe passable custom v2...versus just flat out losing the $50 but getting a fresh v2 upgrade.

So I agree with creasy...don't understand the thinking behind this one...

Considering that a large amount of the parts are reused or only have very minor changes, seems a bit rude to call the figure a "maybe passable custom".

At the end of the day its my money, id rather not float a couple hundred dollars for a few weeks while I sell the old or hope that the new doesn't sell out, and im happy with spending the $50 replacing the immediatly noticeably different parts (boots, suit, harness, and gloves) to save myself the time, effort, and money I probably would have lost in the transaction anyway.

Not to mention I just moved, all of my Hot Toys boxes are still packed away in 4 refrigerator boxes, and I really don't feel like going deep diving for one box.

So had a chance to mess around with this guy last night and I gotta say I'm kinda surprised by how thin the fabric is on this figure. Granted the thinner fabric allows for more articulation, but I feel like it's very prone to tearing. And the black fabric seems very susceptible to flaking in the future.

All in all, it's a great figure and I'm really liking it, but I do have reservations about how it will hold up long-term. This is my only DP, so I dunno what the 1.0 version is like in terms of the quality and longevity of the fabric...but I guess only time will tell how 2.0 holds up.

So had a chance to mess around with this guy last night and I gotta say I'm kinda surprised by how thin the fabric is on this figure. Granted the thinner fabric allows for more articulation, but I feel like it's very prone to tearing. And the black fabric seems very susceptible to flaking in the future.

All in all, it's a great figure and I'm really liking it, but I do have reservations about how it will hold up long-term. This is my only DP, so I dunno what the 1.0 version is like in terms of the quality and longevity of the fabric...but I guess only time will tell how 2.0 holds up.

Hmm, interesting. Still waiting on my V2 to arrive to compare. I have the V1 DP, he's been displayed in the same semi casual pose for 2 years now and I have no issues with the body suit flaking or tearing. I'm glad they made the suit a little thinner (V1 got bulky at the elbows/knees when bent) but hope it doesn't lead to issues down the road.

Back