Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll likely keep this on schedule. With all of the other payments coming forward it'll be nice to spread it out a bit more.

Be interesting to see if he and Hela arrive at about the same time. Hot Toys absorbing all my free capital!

Yeah, the Fall is going to be fun lol

Between like four Batman figures, Concept art Cap, payments for the Infinity War stuff and more it's hard to justify paying one off early.

Maybe he'll hit at the same time the Toys Era Cable does, that'd be nice. I like all the early releases, but am really hoping the Mark 4 w Gantry doesn't show up 6 months early :thud:

I got the email too, a welcomed surprise of course, wish they did Cable and Domino

Also got the email. I'm really happy about it, I'm glad I'll have Deadpool in 2018. I guess HT is going to be able to get ahead of schedule since they barely produced anything from The Last Jedi, Solo and Justice League. I wouldn't be surprised if a few others come out early as well.

Not sure..they said that JL WW was releasing early..hasn’t happened yet. DP might be wrong :dunno

Hey guys I am more of a casual collector so I miss some of the announcements. I was hoping for a Cable figure but can't see any news about one. Have they said it's not happening or is it still a possibility?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Hey guys I am more of a casual collector so I miss some of the announcements. I was hoping for a Cable figure but can't see any news about one. Have they said it's not happening or is it still a possibility?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Check out this thread, in particular, the last few pages. Hot Toys is not doing a Cable figure but Toys Era are. Pre-orders can be found late in the thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-speculation-deadpool-2-hot-toys-figures.html

Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't the first Deadpool released early and in return had significant QC issues?

I mean ideally they learned the lesson and correct the issue but I'd rather wait for quality than get the joy of a quick release with QC issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't the first Deadpool released early and in return had significant QC issues?

I mean ideally they learned the lesson and correct the issue but I'd rather wait for quality than get the joy of a quick release with QC issues.

Lately many figures are releasing early and haven't really had any QC issues. And this is unique since it's almost the same as the first release, so like you said hopefully they figured whatever out with the suit to make it last.

As I said on the last page, I don't think it has anything to do with HT rushing to get these figures out. They probably planned on doing a lot more Star Wars figures from The Last Jedi and Solo, and since they aren't, they have a lot more free time to work on other figures. In place of working on Poe Dameron or Rose or Admiral Holdo, who they may have been planning on doing before fans revolted on the movie, they have time to produce other figures.

I doubt there will be QC issues with this figure after the mess that was the first Deadpool. I'm sure they learned their lessons and this one will be a rock solid release. And just ahead of schedule, not rushed.

As I said on the last page, I don't think it has anything to do with HT rushing to get these figures out. They probably planned on doing a lot more Star Wars figures from The Last Jedi and Solo, and since they aren't, they have a lot more free time to work on other figures. In place of working on Poe Dameron or Rose or Admiral Holdo, who they may have been planning on doing before fans revolted on the movie, they have time to produce other figures.

I doubt there will be QC issues with this figure after the mess that was the first Deadpool. I'm sure they learned their lessons and this one will be a rock solid release. And just ahead of schedule, not rushed.

It's more likely a shorter run (lower sales) than not doing other figures. How many are double dipping on this one? Hot Toys might have thought they could sell 10,000 deadpools and maybe only sold 3000 (made up numbers), so quicker to get them out.
If you have the 1st deadpool there is no real reason to get a second one just pick up the pieces you want from TA or Monkey Depot.

Yep totally agree here. For a while HT was giving pretty much everything a years release time. Like Randomhero has said, the landscape has changed, so that standard year timing has now become more concrete, to the lower side luckily.

it's really not a bad method. Collectors get the feeling they get the figures earlier than expected. Sure if you have a ton ordered and need to pay all at once, then that's bad. But I guess that's what payment plans are for.

Back