Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't complain either way. That stand is plenty large enough for me. I hate the larger ones like with Doctor Strange and Civil War Iron Man. I do wish they would add some weight to them though.

I won't complain either way. That stand is plenty large enough for me. I hate the larger ones like with Doctor Strange and Civil War Iron Man. I do wish they would add some weight to them though.

Those big ones are typically the dynamic stands though right. i.e need a bigger base for stability for all those fart out flying poses and stuff.

The wording of those announcements is more about legal stuff sometimes required to maintain a license. Take the Batman returns announcement like four years ago that said multiple figures and multiple scales (1/4 and 1/6) and so far there’s one 1/6 figure.

That doesn’t mean they won’t make more Deadpool 2 figures, or returns figures for that matter. Just saying it doesn’t mean they will either. Depends on how the DP figure does and how expensive to make the others. Who knows, ya know. Lol

Good to know. Thanks for your contributions, especially re: the licensing stuff - very informative.

I still hope they do it, but it's not the end of the world if they don't.

:pray:

I’m with you. I’d love a cable and Domino and negasonic figure. I personally wish they could make every character from every movie so everyone has a chance to get the ones they want. Sadly it’s just not possible.

I would buy a cable in a heartbeat, but as a comic purist i would never buy a domino from this movie. They completely changed the character. I don't get why hollywood keeps changing character race for nor real apparent reason. I mean i was ok with nick fury being black as Samuel L Jackson is awesome and made the character awesome. What they did with the Ancient One in Doctor Strange was the worst example of this.

I would buy a cable in a heartbeat, but as a comic purist i would never buy a domino from this movie. They completely changed the character. I don't get why hollywood keeps changing character race for nor real apparent reason. I mean i was ok with nick fury being black as Samuel L Jackson is awesome and made the character awesome. What they did with the Ancient One in Doctor Strange was the worst example of this.

Sam Jackson is Fury in the movies because Fury in the Ultimate comics was based off Sam Jackson. They technically followed the comics for that role, since the MCU is heavily based off of Marvel's Ultimate comics.

I didn't know much about the ancient one, so I can't speak about that. But I agree about Domino. For the most part when the MCU changes characters from the source material there's a sound reason behind it, and all details are taken into account... For Fox and Domino, Fox just changes stuff up for the hell of it, with no regard to what it means to the character as a whole. And most of the time it makes no sense for the story either.

I didn't think Zazie was terrible, I actually like her, but NOT as Domino. There is no racist intention behind that either, just preference for the character i'm familiar with. I must say that she didn't ruin the movie for me, but still, I would like Fox to stop taking unnecessary and pointless liberties with characters. You'd think they would learn from their mistakes, but it seems they never will.

Actually I just wish Disney could finish this buy out ASAP and to force Fox to end this foX-Men cluster-fluff. They've been butchering these characters for too long IMO. Just because they got a few right on occasion, doesn't excuse the massive f-ups they keep making over and over. It would be different if I could tell that they were making progress, but from my point of view, every step forward is almost always followed by two or more steps back.

The X-Men were the first comic books I ever read and collected, so these characters are close to my heart... But I find myself gravitating towards Avengers characters now because those movies are incredible, and with every new x-men movie from fox, my soul dies a little from the disappointment.
DOFP and Deadpool being the only exceptions at the moment. Logan was ok, but IMO it's hardly the blockbuster people make it out to be. I personally thought the movie was set up terribly. I mean X-24? WTF is that?
Apocalypse was the final straw for me and I feel "Dark Phoenix" is gonna suck hard, mostly because most of this new cast of young x-men is just awful. (Evan Peters' Quicksilver is good, but only because he's fun, I don't find him very comic accurate either) and they just keep trying to shove an irrelevant J-Law mystique down our throats when that character has long over-stayed her necessity.

sorry for the rant. I'm done :wink1:

Last edited:
I’ll even throw in a bit of possible trivia if I remember it right...

Jackson was actually the template for the Ultimate universe Fury, and had some sort of contract regarding the comics and future movie possibilities.

Can’t wait to get the new Deadpool to put him next to this guy. I missed out on the first one but got his middle finger for now Lol. [emoji1596]🤣[emoji1360]

Attachments

• IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    781.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 267
Thanks for pics (as well as in the other figure threads) :clap

Deadpool looking good, going to be fun with all of the accessories it comes with.

Looks like the same old crotchless version 1. Looks so unnatural.
I agree. There was a video recently from the current toy fair that showed this figure with a pretty prominent bulge though. Maybe they are making some changes? If I find it, I'll put a picture.

Update: Pic added

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
147e4e1462bda6085e408036859d2f7d.jpg

I just got the early arrival notice for Oct/Nov. Thats really early- welcome change of pace.

Confirm early release email

I don't know if you just didn't phrase it correctly or you're oddly demanding for me to post a screenshot of the e-Mail but if it is the demand you can try to ask nicely.

*Edit: Added the screen shot with humor

Attachments

• dp.jpg
    dp.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 169
I don't know if you just didn't phrase it correctly or you're oddly demanding for me to post a screenshot of the e-Mail but if it is the demand you can try to ask nicely.

*Edit: Added the screen shot with humor

I should have said, CAN confirm email. Phone typing can cut out some key words sometimes.:thud:

Back