Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mask or not they still have to get likeness rights. If an actor is credited as starring as a character legally(more or less) likeness rights attach to that characters depiction, mask or not. There was a lawsuit about this in the 80s where a studio tried to get around likeness rights by using shots of a character that didn’t show the face and a few other shady things. The union sued the studio and it’s been established law since then that if an actor physically portrays a character(and recently it’s mostly accepted of its a digital of the character as welll like Golem) then likeness rights attach.

And there’s no Deadpool movie rights with out Reynolds signing off.

They could have gotten deals with the other X-men actors like they did with Jackman had the actors agreed to it. We have been told by diamond select that Jennifer Lawrence flat said no to any likeness deals. It has been reported that Fassbender and Mcavoy said the same. Jackman is reported to have waived likeness rights for most his fox marvel films to help promote the film and characters. Howard Chan has publicly stated that they need to acquire individual likeness rights for the X-men films and used Mcavoy Prof X from First class as an example.

Hum so just Marvel and DC better at this Licencing deal hence whey they are able to get their actors to ok the release of their figures or did they make them sign it over like what Lucas Film made his actors do. I wounder if this Disney Deal goes through and any future X men movies that are done under the banner of Disney will this whole mess get fixed so we can finally see some X men characters shame because a cable figure would be sweet that a fully on Colossus or Negasonic teenager just some thing different then the typical Avenger stuff.

Missed out on Deadpool last time around so I'll definitely be picking this guy up. I do like how the background doubles up as a shelf to display his accessories. Also the smaller base is a plus as well.

Hum so just Marvel and DC better at this Licencing deal hence whey they are able to get their actors to ok the release of their figures or did they make them sign it over like what Lucas Film made his actors do. I wounder if this Disney Deal goes through and any future X men movies that are done under the banner of Disney will this whole mess get fixed so we can finally see some X men characters shame because a cable figure would be sweet that a fully on Colossus or Negasonic teenager just some thing different then the typical Avenger stuff.

It’s not really about who’s better, it was about who had more to gain. Generally the likeness deals are part of an actors overall film compensation package (their whole pay check). Just like obligations for promo/marketing. But due to the deal between fox and marvel(then later Disney) fox got very little money from licensed goods. Fox had likeness deals built in through X-men origins wolverine. But after that there was some bad blood between fox and Disney over a few things and there was a bunch of new actors signed on so fox opted to intentionally not include standard likeness deals as they paid more then they got and it was also a bargaining chip in future deals with Disney/Marvel.

I had heard that after DoFP, or close to it, Fox was or did start standard likeness deals with any new talent signed. But so far I’ve not seen any actual evidence of this deal.

On the marvel side you don’t get cast without signing likeness rights over. One of the few upsides of Ike Purlmutter. He is/was a toy and licensing hawk and places more value on that then the films (part of why him and Kevin butted heads) so marvel has a long standing policy of no likeness no deal. A policy Disney also shares.

So it wasn’t really about who was better at it, but who benifits.

Also, DC licensing is kind of a mess too. They are very heavily involved in what characters can be released when and a bunch of other non sense. That’s another story though.

The backdrop having a little shelf for accessories is clever. Hopefully that’s executed well though and not flimsy like the backdrops tend to be. I like aspects of this figure but there’s just not enough to it to make me upgrade.

Must have ordered one of the last ones from BBTS earlier...dayam that was quick.

PO ordered from SS. I have the original but his knee pad is slightly peeling in my dynamic pose and I had $86 in rewards burning a hole in my pocket. The pics do show more dynamic poses so hopefully the suit material is a little more resilient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will go back up and back down at Bbts a bunch more times before it’s really sold out.

I don’t think think I’ve ever gone from regret of missing a figure, to estatic that I did so fast...

I preordered happily :)

Back