1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look forward to seeing what the full figure looks like, I don't have a TFA at the moment so depending I'd like to get an old one of those or this new one

LOL I know the guy that built that suit, and I just ordered a set of that armor for myself. Hope to have it done in time for Wondercon. Looks really cool in person.

Until I see fishscales work on-screen, I'll always agree that they shouldn't use them. I actually think the Marvel NOW! suit would translate perfectly. If these guys are able to make something look this decent with their minimal budget, I'm sure Marvel can really come up with something a thousand times "better".
1978361_10152673626201632_6393236_o.jpg

I don't see why people are waving this off as a reissue. This is what his suit looks like in the Winter Soldier. If you put TFA Cap with Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier from this movie then it wouldn't be screen accurate. Isn't screen accuracy a big part of what these figures are all about?

Plus, to me, Hot Toys quality and attention to detail is getting better with each release. Not to mention that I think every Evans sculpt so far has been fairly poor, so I'm hoping we get a better sculpt this time around.

Originally Posted by Sevreed
This was probably easiest to get out the door first considering this will just need a few minor adjustments from the TFA figure. People with the TFA figure can probably pass unless you are a hardcore completist. I'm waiting on the the Shield version and The Winter Soldier. And maybe Falcon.

Exactly what i'm doing, man.

Given the subtlety of the outfit changes vs. TFA design (additional red stripe notwithstanding), this will have to blow me away to get me to place an order. I just hope subsequent releases (especially Winter Soldier and Falcon) aren't dependent on how well this sells, as my view appears to be the shared by many others.

Why did they change the design? Isn't he supposed to be wearing the same outfit as in TFA?

To sell more toys, plain and simple.

The only reason this one is somewhat interesting is b/c it may come with an unmasked HS; otherwise I too prefer the original TFA design.

But I'm biased... :wink1:
costumedisplay.jpg

I don't think this is a bad idea as a exclusive. But, it's such a minor change from TFA that it doesn't seem like it warrants a full release. However, if you where not able to pick up TFA version then I can see why someone would buy it. Or, you like the minor tweeks and think it's an improvement than that would be another reason to buy it. Personally, I don't like the changes and I think the TFA version just looks better. Something about the way the shoulders sit on the new costume doesn't look as sharp...I can't quite figure it out. They look more padded and rounded on the new suit.

With lots of other figures to buy and not having infinite shelf space, this and Widow will probably not be bought. I'd rather get Falcon and the Stealth Suit. I'm hoping they might go deep on Guardians of the Galaxy (iffy, I know) so I also want to save money/space for that.

Everybody talks about there being minor differences in this and the FA Cap. What are the differences?

Could anyone with decent Photoshop skills turn the grey straps on his shoulders a navy blue? I'm have a mod in mind but im curious to see what it looks like

Thor has a medieval/viking theme, so it just works for him. And not that they really need a reason, but just for argument's sake, what point would putting Cap in chainmail, IN modern times, make other than to satisfy the guys just wanting to see him in it?

Like I said silver chainmail leggings/sleeves work for Thor, but it seems like you guys want Cap wearing this, right?:dunno
236706736_554c5c4c5f_z.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

...but picture guys in tights like Cyclops, Havok, Nightcrawler and anyone else of that ilk transferred the same way.... :lol

I am pretty sure fans have been crying for a comic accurate Wolverine some time now...

I think any suit can represented well on screen, it just needs to be tailored right on the correct body type.

The thing is the movie makers are making the movie their own and having a spin to it while trying to keep it close to the source material. Spidey was easy, spandex used by olympic athletes, made sense, supz it was kryptonian under suit. Captain america, military issued of course it would look like it does now

Thor has a medieval/viking theme, so it just works for him. And not that they really need a reason, but just for argument's sake, what point would putting Cap in chainmail, IN modern times, make other than to satisfy the guys just wanting to see him in it?

Like I said silver chainmail leggings/sleeves work for Thor, but it seems like you guys want Cap wearing this, right?:dunno
236706736_554c5c4c5f_z.jpg
Just as surely as you would be OK with Thor looking like this:

gce16c6fd.jpg

I don't really get the argument that Thor having a Viking theme means a form of chainmail is OK for the movies, but Cap's having it in the comics does not make it OK for the movies. Totally arbitrary distinction. But I think it's just like the spandex suit thing. People will rationalize away the things that movie studios do, and assume that anything else would be ridiculous and unbelievable, until someone does it well. If Thor never had those armored arms in the movies, some folks would probably be scoffing at the idea. If Spidey in the movies only had tactical pants and a jacket, folks would probably say the spandex would look silly and unbelievable.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

I think any suit can represented well on screen, it just needs to be tailored right on the correct body type.
Exactly right. It needs the right body, and it needs to be treated with care and attention to detail of course, but that's all. If they come off looking like a bad cosplay outfit like the Justice Society in Smallville, some folks will use that as a ridiculous, hyperbolic example of how comic accuracy would never work for those characters.

I don't really get the argument that Thor having a Viking theme means a form of chainmail is OK for the movies, but Cap's having it in the comics does not make it OK for the movies. Totally arbitrary distinction.

My whole point is not whether it's comic accurate or acceptable or not, it's that until I see movie a Cap in chainmail and it actually look good, I don't think it can be done without looking stupid. Every single photoshop someone's done incorporating chainmail on Cap looks ridiculous and other than him having it in the comics, why do you guys want him in it so much?

Marvels done their best to keep costumes faithful, I'm sure they've looked into it and realized there's just no way it'd work. Its funny that the biggest gripes I keep reading when people talk about their complaints regarding the MCU is that Thor needs to wear his helmet and for Cap to have a chainmail top:lol

Back