1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know he wears this in the climax but as far as screen time goes the Shield suit has more than this one. But, I like both suits anyway, although I do wish the Shield version had a little more red incorporated into it. Like this:

Exactly. I love the look of the SHIELD/Stealth suit, but a Cap uniform without ANY red in it just ain't right IMO...It's like changing the red stripes in the American flag to blue.

I wish that they were able to figure out a way to take the more modern looks from the comic and transfer them to a real life costume. They tried that in the Avengers but it wasn't 100% successful. I think that they were on the right track and with a few tweaks to those same idea that formed the Avengers suit, they could've came up with something good. I would've liked the outfit to go in that direction instead of slightly modernizing his old suit, which still makes it look old-school.

I like the TFA better than this upgraded version so unless the really grows on me or something causes a change of heart, this will most likely be a pass. I'm all over the SHIELD uni though!

This one is going to be tempting since I never owned any Cap figures before (other than Rescue version). I will probably end up waiting until they announce the other version of Cap from this film though before I make my decision.

I wish that they were able to figure out a way to take the more modern looks from the comic and transfer them to a real life costume.
I think the costume used on the new Sideshow PF would look really good on the big screen:

gcadc9cf5.jpg

Until I see fishscales work on-screen, I'll always agree that they shouldn't use them. I actually think the Marvel NOW! suit would translate perfectly. If these guys are able to make something look this decent with their minimal budget, I'm sure Marvel can really come up with something a thousand times "better".
1978361_10152673626201632_6393236_o.jpg

I think the costume used on the new Sideshow PF would look really good on the big screen:

That look could've worked well and I agree would transfer believably to the screen.

It's no mystery that the spandex or tight look works like a charm in the comics but doesn't transfer over to real life well. They were on the right road in the Avengers but just made it too tight. The SHIELD outfit in WS has the right balance with the tight top and looser pants. If they went with that fit with a stars & stripes theme, they could've nailed a believable modern Cap outfit

Until I see fishscales work on-screen, I'll always agree that they shouldn't use them.
Does something close to that fail to work with Thor?

g2ff26f6b.jpg

It's no mystery that the spandex or tight look works like a charm in the comics but doesn't transfer over to real life well.
I don't even feel this way, because we've seen it work just fine with Spidey and Superman. But a guy would need the right build. The problem in nearly every case that I know if is that guys go part-way (see: Avengers Cap, X-Men) instead of just going balls out, and so it ends up taking the worst from fantasy and reality. USO Cap was done as a joke and he acted like a joke, and so it didn't come off well, either. I also know lots of comic movie fans make a stink over it, but why do Spidey and Superman get passes? It's just a lack of willingness by studio decision-makers to just go for it.

Until I see fishscales work on-screen, I'll always agree that they shouldn't use them. I actually think the Marvel NOW! suit would translate perfectly. If these guys are able to make something look this decent with their minimal budget, I'm sure Marvel can really come up with something a thousand times "better".
1978361_10152673626201632_6393236_o.jpg

Agreed! They have the right vision and with Marvel's budget and designers, they could have produced something modern and cool along those lines.

I think you're right about the fish scale armor not transferring well to the screen; maybe as a substitute the upper portion could've been like a Bale Bat-suit type thing with a design on it as a nod to the fish scales

Are you telling me changing the torso design a little (just held the picture up to my figure) and probably the face isn't a reissue. :lol Next you'll be trying to tell me the Iron Man Mark 1. V2 or all the Jokers aren't reissues :lol

Have to agree this is pretty much a reissue, but w/e as long as they release the other figures they teased it's all gravy.

Does something close to that fail to work with Thor?
g2ff26f6b.jpg

Sleeves/leggings chainmail work for Thor but for those of you clamoring for a Captain Merman movie, I just don't see it working. It would be a two hour movie of Iron Man poking fun of it and Steve volunteering to be frozen again:lol

I don't even feel this way, because we've seen it work just fine with Spidey and Superman. But a guy would need the right build. The problem in nearly every case that I know if is that guys go part-way (see: Avengers Cap, X-Men) instead of just going balls out, and so it ends up taking the worst from fantasy and reality. USO Cap was done as a joke and he acted like a joke, and so it didn't come off well, either. I also know lots of comic movie fans make a stink over it, but why do Spidey and Superman get passes? It's just a lack of willingness by studio decision-makers to just go for it.

I think that Spidey gets the easy pass because not only is there no other way to do a Spidey outfit, but it just works in a convincible way on screen. It looks like you peeled it right off of a comic cover, stuck it on the screen and it's totally believable. Maybe that has something to do with the character's thinner build

Supes passes too for whatever reason. Reeve looked believable and like he was peeled from the comic as well, but I personally like the modernized version of MOS

...but picture guys in tights like Cyclops, Havok, Nightcrawler and anyone else of that ilk transferred the same way.... :lol

Well, all the Superhero guys had ridiculously ripped physiques, which is definitely an issue. But apart from that, the only thing I can think is that some characters are more well known to everyone as their comic counterparts (Spidey and Supes), while others either had lots of different outfits that makes them have less of a clear physical identity (Batman), or folks just aren't as familiar with the classic costumes and so have a knee jerk reaction against them on the screen (Cap, Cyclops, etc.). Both Reeve Supes, Superman Returns Supes, and MOS Supes are all wearing spandex or a reasonable facsimile thereof, and no real outrage.

Sleeves/leggings chainmail work for Thor. . .
Why? If it was exactly the same for Cap, why would there be any difference?

Why? If it was exactly the same for Cap, why would there be any difference?

Thor has a medieval/viking theme, so it just works for him. And not that they really need a reason, but just for argument's sake, what point would putting Cap in chainmail, IN modern times, make other than to satisfy the guys just wanting to see him in it?

Like I said silver chainmail leggings/sleeves work for Thor, but it seems like you guys want Cap wearing this, right?:dunno
236706736_554c5c4c5f_z.jpg

Back