1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I loved the credit treatment too. Beautiful and respectful of the fans, characters and the ending to a long story.

And....I like this figure! :) Thanks for the kind words on the photo.

I used to have this figure, but I sold it in favor of keeping TFA version being that they’re similar. I like TFA version better, and despite it being a smaller figure compared to the recent Cap figures, it doesn’t look disproportionate. The bean head sculpt and the tight pants just threw the proportions off for me on this one.

I used to have this figure, but I sold it in favor of keeping TFA version being that they’re similar. I like TFA version better, and despite it being a smaller figure compared to the recent Cap figures, it doesn’t look disproportionate. The bean head sculpt and the tight pants just threw the proportions off for me on this one.

The head wasn’t a lot smaller. His helmet was tighter to his head in TFA than the original sculpt made it out to be.
The GA helmet had a smaller chin strap than the Strike helmet, but was very well proportioned to what was on screen.

EBC65E13-E62D-42E0-855C-587FD4A17464.jpg

The head wasn’t a lot smaller. His helmet was tighter to his head in TFA than the original sculpt made it out to be.
The GA helmet had a smaller chin strap than the Strike helmet, but was very well proportioned to what was on screen.

EBC65E13-E62D-42E0-855C-587FD4A17464.jpg

The head IS a lot smaller. Just look at your picture and compare the GA cap head to the two Caps to your right.
Hot Toys blew it big time with the stock head.
A lot of people thought that the body was too bulky in comparison with the proto, but the issue is that the proto had a bigger head so
it was proportionate to the body, but when it went to production, the head shrunk.

That's why when people started to replace the head with the bigger Steve Rogers head, the body didn't look bulky anymore and looked
more proportionate.

When I compared the GA head to the TFA head, the GA cap's head was actually smaller than the TFA, which is already on the small side.
The issue with the stock GA cap is shrunken head and the skinny jeans.
When you look closely at the proto, the head is bigger and pants are looser.

icPw5bQ.jpg

So, replace the head with a bigger sculpt, wet the pants and yank them all over to loosen it up.
And as a cherry on top since this is my favorite Cap figure, I gave him the CW shield.
And the figure is a lot more like the proto. I'm partial to this suit, so its actually my favorite Cap figure.

EYsCmUG.jpg

B2AKo0b.jpg

CQKs8D1.jpg

That looks awesome.

And yeah, that comparison picture actually just demonstrates how the stock sculpt is indeed on the small side. When juxtaposed with the other sculpts, it’s clearly a lot narrower.

That looks awesome.

And yeah, that comparison picture actually just demonstrates how the stock sculpt is indeed on the small side. When juxtaposed with the other sculpts, it’s clearly a lot narrower.

Yeah, it kinda sucks cause, although a lot of people are not too crazy about the expression, I actually like the GA cap head. I do like the expression and the darker glossier helmet. Just wished it came out like the proto.

While I do like the GA suit, even if the figure was done correctly or they did a 2.0, I don’t think it’s a suit I’d go and get again. Between the GA and TFA suits, I prefer TFA suit I like how the two red stripes are part of his harness, and I just like the overall more combat look to it.

It’s ironic because GA Cap was the first Cap figure I got, but now like I said, it’s likely not one I’d have again.

So, replace the head with a bigger sculpt, wet the pants and yank them all over to loosen it up.
And as a cherry on top since this is my favorite Cap figure, I gave him the CW shield.
And the figure is a lot more like the proto. I'm partial to this suit, so its actually my favorite Cap figure.

EYsCmUG.jpg

Your one looks amazing.
Did you cover his ears?

Your one looks amazing.
Did you cover his ears?

Thanks man.
Here's what I did.
Using an AOU helmeted head, I cut off the ears and placed the ear covers I took off from a spare TFA helmeted head. I sculpted around it to make it look more seamless. I repainted that section including the helmet straps. I also glossed the helmet.

k897i45j_zpse83hunq8.jpg

I like first Captain America suit the best. I wish some day they remake it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thanks man.
Here's what I did.
Using an AOU helmeted head, I cut off the ears and placed the ear covers I took off from a spare TFA helmeted head. I sculpted around it to make it look more seamless. I repainted that section including the helmet straps. I also glossed the helmet.

Beautiful work.
I did the same for mine. But i just sculpted the ear covers on after dremelling off the ears.

DA6756B5-B74E-49BA-957A-B8CD9AA258A6.jpg

Sorry to necro post, but I just nabbed one of these on eBay and wanted to know if there are any known body mods I should be aware of?

I looked through the thread and saw @Remy mention giving the pants a good soaking and stretch to loosen them up so they won't be so tight but I didn't see (or maybe I just missed them) any posts about helping out the overall silhouette look a bit more heroic and Chris Evansy. I know the base body is the older one they were using from Avengers 1 through Age of Ultron, but the only real difference in body is the torso (aside from Concept Cap which also uses Man of Steel/Darth Vader arms). I don't mind being the guinea pig and trying out a body swap, just wasn't sure if others have tried and succeed yet in the years since this has been released. I know some have been successful at swapping the strike suit and civil war suits to MoS type bodies or at least arms

Thanks!

Back