1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You believe this is a completely new figure?
It's obvious.
The suit is pretty different, it's designed to look like TFA one but it's not the same.
Also completely new body means completely new tailoring. Pants and gloves may be the same, but that's it.

I think the reason for the slight changes between this one and the TFA is due to the fact that in the movie this new uniform is a museum piece that was made based off the original uniform he was found in when they drug him out of the ice. When they put it back together to be displayed in the museum they didn't get it completely right. Although I don't know why this would happen with something only 60 or so years old that they probably had a lot of pictures of. Oh, let's face it, the costume designer wanted to make some tweeks to his first design in TFA and Marvel figured it was nice way to justify some new merchandise.

To be honest, with the mention of it being released around Exhibitions, I'm thinking this might be an exclusive along the lines of the Avengers Mark VI. Which might be why we're seeing it first, but it doesn't mean we'll see the Stealth suit any later than we would have.

I am very very excited for the stealth version, I love the look just hope we get masked and un masked version

I think the reason for the slight changes between this one and the TFA is due to the fact that in the movie this new uniform is a museum piece..

"Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?"

I like the TFA costume best of all his movie incarnations. I wonder if there'll be that issue of crooked helmet 'A's again?

I know he wears this in the climax but as far as screen time goes the Shield suit has more than this one. But, I like both suits anyway, although I do wish the Shield version had a little more red incorporated into it. Like this:

Attachments

• Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Chris-Evans-439x586.jpg
    Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Chris-Evans-439x586.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,078
captain_america_winter_soldier_costume_l.jpg

caftacatwscomparison.jpg

I prefer the original with the leather straps, more grey and one less red stripe.

Is the museum exhibit uniform in the film supposed to represent a later WWII design, after the events depicted in CA:TFA?

I have The First Avenger figure with straight A and un-flaky shield so the new one isn't really necessary.

Are you telling me changing the torso design a little (just held the picture up to my figure) and probably the face isn't a reissue. :lol Next you'll be trying to tell me the Iron Man Mark 1. V2 or all the Jokers aren't reissues :lol

Looking at the pictures the 'Golden Age' uniform might only be a re-issue from the waist down. The upper part is quite different in design - abdomen pattern; shoulder 'armour'; collar; chest. Buckles and straps fit differently, too, as well as being a different colour.

Might have the same helmet.

Looking at the pictures the 'Golden Age' uniform might only be a re-issue from the waist down. The upper part is quite different in design - abdomen pattern; shoulder 'armour'; collar; chest. Buckles and straps fit differently, too, as well as being a different colour.

Might have the same helmet.

:lol :lol :lol Sorry excuse me while I go laugh some more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:exactly: :exactly:

Although, I am happy for those who missed out on the original.

Face may be used from a previous figure, and they may reuse a few parts here or there like hands, but for the most part I suspect this will be a new figure. Particularly the outfit. And I hope, like someone else said, that this new one will allow for more poseability.

Flaking shield is a non-issue for me. You just need to give it a clear coat as soon as it arrives. I did that awhile back with my TFA Cap, and no problems.

TFA suit is superior design wise so if you have that old figure I see no point in buying this one unless you're a completist.

Back