Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Scarlet Witch Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wash the hair of my witch and widow figures.
I put the head on a stabilo pen, wash it with shampoo, rinse it under the water, let the hair "flow" down with the water and let it dry.

i did, i brought a one of the fake heads first to test it as id rather ruin that but it just sprigs right in to place ... ill do it for you tomorrow ad post pics

You don't have to worry. The waves/curls are permanent. The hair won't be completely straight after it. But you don't have that ugly sticky stuff in it anymore and it looks a bit more flat and natural.
Just use only warm water, nor hot. And a regular shampoo and a little Barbie brush or something like that. (I even use conditioner and anti-frizz lotion, but that's not a must... :rotfl....)

Just try not to touch the face all the time.

Here are two pictures of my AOU Witch after I washed her hair:

Chez le coiffeur ;) by Sév, auf Flickr

Hello there... by Sév, auf Flickr

You don't have to worry. The waves/curls are permanent. The hair won't be completely straight after it. But you don't have that ugly sticky stuff in it anymore and it looks a bit more flat and natural.
Just use only warm water, nor hot. And a regular shampoo and a little Barbie brush or something like that. (I even use conditioner and anti-frizz lotion, but that's not a must... :rotfl....)

This looks so much better than what HT did!! Alright, I'll try it once I'm home. Anything else I need to be careful of?

Still really eager to see how you do it, jsherrington, so please post pics too! :D

Hm...no...jut don't brush it anymore after the hair is dry.
Just let the water jet style her hair...maybe help it a little bit, when there are parts on her head that aren't covered with hair...

Poor drowned rat Wanda :rotfl She actually looks really great after having her hair did, I couldn't take the step to wash her hair so I'll live vicariously through you, Sev :lol

The heads are pretty resilient. I got a VeryCool figure with the long blonde haired version of Milla Jovovich. Since I already had one with the wavy hair with product in it, I changed the second one. I washed it in warm with with dish soap rinsed it and used a comb to straighten it out. That took a while. As your pulling the comb through it gets caught and you need to brace it and pull hard. This also causes the hair to start to curl again, like ribbon on a present. Just keep combing until there's no more knots, dampen the hair again and come through. Now it's straight blonde.
Ryan

The heads are pretty resilient. I got a VeryCool figure with the long blonde haired version of Milla Jovovich. Since I already had one with the wavy hair with product in it, I changed the second one. I washed it in warm with with dish soap rinsed it and used a comb to straighten it out. That took a while. As your pulling the comb through it gets caught and you need to brace it and pull hard. This also causes the hair to start to curl again, like ribbon on a present. Just keep combing until there's no more knots, dampen the hair again and come through. Now it's straight blonde.
Ryan

Don't do this!! Comb through, yes, but if you hit a knot, take the comb out and gently comb from the bottom of the hair up towards the scalp until the knot comes loose. You have to be a little more gentle, but it causes less damage. Once the knot's been loosened, comb from the top of the scalp again and gently work through any smaller knots that are still there.

I pinched the hair behind the knot (as it only started to knot out about 2/3 of the way toward the ends) and pulled through. So in essence I wasn't pulling the hair from the scalp. I was careful to not rip out hair. As it dries it starts to frizz and curl so i just re-wet it and combed again. I'll try and post some before and after pics tomorrow.
Ryan

I pinched the hair behind the knot (as it only started to knot out about 2/3 of the way toward the ends) and pulled through. So in essence I wasn't pulling the hair from the scalp. I was careful to not rip out hair. As it dries it starts to frizz and curl so i just re-wet it and combed again. I'll try and post some before and after pics tomorrow.
Ryan

Yeah that's better than yanking from the scalp :lol

Don't do this!! Comb through, yes, but if you hit a knot, take the comb out and gently comb from the bottom of the hair up towards the scalp until the knot comes loose. You have to be a little more gentle, but it causes less damage. Once the knot's been loosened, comb from the top of the scalp again and gently work through any smaller knots that are still there.

Good advice :clap :panic:

Alex for Toys&Stuff :wave
Instagram: @toyssandstuff
Tumblr: toysandstuff.tumblr.com

I was probably a little light in my description. I didn't just attack the hair with a comb, I was careful about it. I did comb from the top side and the underside as you described. I just kept working it with the comb. Even after, the hair still has some wave to the body of it, but it's mostly straight. It just takes patience, a little privacy, (lol) and a little effort. It's not difficult. I have a couple of aftermarket Olsen heads I'll be straightening out next.
Here's the pics of the before and after on the VeryCool Milla head.
Ryan

i have shampooed, conditioned, blowdried, styled, straightened and curled my hot toys female heads a lot, NA scarlet witch i have left alone, AOU scarlet witch i blowdried to soften the curl but keep some fullness to the style, i worked all the black widows except CW and i don't have Cw scarlet witch yet

Back